Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your Honest Opinions On The WWE Product

so what is your true honest opinion on the WWE product and what it means to you and the future...

Me i can not think of a time were the company was not drowning in it's own self belief that it is more than a wrestling company and now it is this so called major player to other none-wrestling companies and it will be the down fall off them
    LET ME REMIND SOCIETY THAT I AM A LEGEND. AND ALSO I AM THE ONLY TRUE ENTITY THAT CAN CROSS TWO DIMENSIONS, AND STILL BE RELEVANT ​AMONG MY PEERS

My honest opinion. I'm enjoying it.. After Mania, for the first time in my life, I felt negative.. I felt disappointed and almost cheated at the money I paid to watch what was for me, a very poor show.

However now, I'm enjoying it again and positive! I have enjoyed the recent storylines and the PPv's have been good. There's been some quality matches recently on Raw too as well as some nice swerves.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    My honest opinion. I'm enjoying it.. After Mania, for the first time in my life, I felt negative.. I felt disappointed and almost cheated at the money I paid to watch what was for me, a very poor show.

However now, I'm enjoying it again and positive! I have enjoyed the recent storylines and the PPv's have been good. There's been some quality matches recently on Raw too as well as some nice swerves.
    Thanks for posting for the both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Haha! No problem amigo.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    I second that. 100%
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind....

I like the product, and try to keep an open mind. For the most part I have no complaints, and disagree with a lot of the criticism around here...However, I have never been one of the people that was bothered by Cena, but last night's opening promo had me begging for Cena to just shut up, and was relieved when Orton interrupted him. My biggest problem with the company is the people that chant "Let's go Cena"/"Cena sucks", these people don't do anything, and don't clue WWE in to a "Cena problem", in my view, they need to start changing the chant to something more abrasive such as "Change the channel" in order for WWE to actually care.

The more I sit back and just let it wash over me the more I enjoy WWE. I had gotten to a point where I was too focused on the things I didn't like and I was missing all the good stuff. Now I rarely watch Raw live any more and simply fast forward out all the recaps, apps and crap.

I'm actually feeling pretty positive about WWE, a change is coming, not yet, but the next era has the potential to be great with guys like Punk, Bryan, Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose and Zayn graduating from the indies with great talent and history together set to compliment 'home grown' WWE guys like Sheamus, Rhodes, Fandango, Ziggler and Wyatt. I never thought I'd say this but PG has forced the talent to up their game and is starting to make for better programming, no more can they rely on violent spots or dirty jokes to get over they have to be good and not rely on shock value.

Whoever is directing things at the moment is steering things in the right direction, the Divas of Nxt will bring about a Divas renascence, tag teams are on the rise, managers are back, stables are back, matches are getting longer again and great wrestlers are getting the chance to rise to the top. It's the IWC's wet dream, we just have to be patient and watch as it unfolds.

Divas to believe in.

Blog Entries
    If you compare WWE now to let's say 5 years ago, they are really at a high point right now. You have to have to be a real downer to complain about the product, sure it isn't perfect and things can be improved but guys like Bryan, Punk, The Shield have helped the company really rise in quality.

First and foremost, there will be no "downfall of the WWE". Ted Turner, Eric Bischoff and hundreds of millions of dollars aren't walking through that door. The WWE has NO competition. They are not the vulnerable entity they were in 1997. If they were going to have a downfall it would've been then. TNA, and any other wrestling company for that matter, simply doesn't have the resources to supplant the WWE.

Second, there is no "John Cena problem". He's the number one guy and he deserves to be.

Now, as far as the WWE product goes, I like it. Some might say its watered down, and I'll acknowledge that but, as machomanfan was eluding to, that is more a byproduct of it being PG, the fact there's more TV hours than ever, an inflated roster (not overinflated), and no more brand extension. Its not been a problem, its been an opportunity for much of the current roster. Their angles may be simpler, but I think they are more logical and better executed compared to other eras in the company. They are doing more things right than wrong these days, and its showing up more and more on a week to week basis. I can see not agreeing with some of their calls (Yes, I'm going to bring up streak vs streak...AGAIN) but basically at this point, if you have a big problem with the WWE product as a whole you probably should've stopped watching three years ago. Get over it or change the channel.

Blog Entries
    I agree with most of what has been said on this thread, I would just like to add that for the first time in a long time there seems to me a number of viable superstars. In the Attitude era the main event scene was always exciting because guys like Rock, Austin, HHH, Undertaker, Mankind, etc. were on equal footing. For a long time there was only Orton and Cena; but now with the emergence of guys like Punk, Bryan, Del Rio, Sheamus, Mark Henry, etc., there are enough viable options to keep the main event scene fresh.

Follow me at:
    cmstanton.tumblr.com (The CS BS: Sports Edition)
    Twitter: @TheCSBS