View Poll Results: Has fandango impressed you yet

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 62.50%
  • No

8 33.33%
  • I will never be impressed with Fandango.

1 4.17%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Wrong. He has an annoying gimmick with zero entertainment value and I hate him. There's a difference.

I'm at the point of my life where instead of hating wrestlers for being heels/faces, I like/hate them for entertainment value.
    You hate him. So hes being a good heel, you want him to lose all of his matches.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CM_SUXX_NOT View Post
    If there was a generic response which summed up the attitudes of wannabe smart marks, this is it. Why do you think people cheer heels such as Ziggler before his turn, but boo guys like Sheamus to the hilt?

I personally find him very entertaining, as do the majority of fans, hence his huge reaction in that opening segment.
    What form of expression do fans give Fandango? The correct answer would be 'Fandangoing'. When is the only time 'Fandangoing' makes any sort of logical sense to the crowd? When it's accompanied by his music. When is his music featured? When he first comes out aka when he's not in the ring cutting a promo or when he's in the ring. Conclusion: his MUSIC is the most over thing about him and the reaction "he" got is a clear indication of this in my opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    You hate him. So hes being a good heel, you want him to lose all of his matches.
    Oh look, it's this response again.

You know, where instead of attributing a fan's disdain of a wrestler to said wrestler's inability to be a compelling character based off of tangible, credible criteria, you blame it all on alignment.

Fandango is doing a great job given the circumstances he's under. Just imagine having to portray a ridiculous and effeminate character such as his.

I also think that this will not be his character in the long-term. I really don't see how such a ridiculous character can last.

"I am not a NUGGET!"

What form of expression do fans give Fandango? The correct answer would be 'Fandangoing'. When is the only time 'Fandangoing' makes any sort of logical sense to the crowd? When it's accompanied by his music. When is his music featured? When he first comes out aka when he's not in the ring cutting a promo or when he's in the ring. Conclusion: his MUSIC is the most over thing about him and the reaction "he" got is a clear indication of this in my opinion.
    I kind of disagree. I think that Fandago's character gets a pretty decent reaction by the crowd not just because of his song. He got brutally criticized by fans when he first showed up with the "you can't wrestle" chants.

He survived two unmerciful crowds in Philadelphia and Brooklyn. Now I am not saying these are the representative of the entire fan base, but they are brutally honest crowds who voice their displeasure loudly any chance they get. You can argue that they are heel crowds also, but I just think that people are (overall) entertained by him.

(I think I saw someone use breathe in the a's as a twitter name.)

"I am not a NUGGET!"

I like Fandango. If he stopped using that voice, I think his promo ability would shoot up significantly. I prefer him a 'Dirty Curty'. Especially when he goes around talking about 'Lets get weird' or taking people out with chloroform.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    ''

This is BS.
    Outside of the Fandangoing he received a good reaction overall last night.
    Besides, people have Fandango'd when his music didn't hit and they didn't do that last night.
    You say you hate his gimmick, well when you hate a heel they're doing something good, it's when you're disinterested that things go wrong.

Yeah he's a good throwback character from the 80's late 90's and it's working today. His match with Orton was the second best match of the night. But being second to RVD vs Y2J isn't a slap in anyones face.

Would have selected kind of if it was available.

I still haven't seen anything that has impressed me yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by timfeyenoord View Post
    ''

This is BS.
    Outside of the Fandangoing he received a good reaction overall last night.
    Besides, people have Fandango'd when his music didn't hit and they didn't do that last night.
    You say you hate his gimmick, well when you hate a heel they're doing something good, it's when you're disinterested that things go wrong.
    That, IMO, is pretty lazy and uninspiring reasoning to explain why a fan hates a heel. It doesn't always come down to whether or not he's a face or a heel. As I've explained before,when I give my opinions on a wrestler, ENTERTAINMENT VALUE COMES FIRST.