Abyss/Joseph Park

I must say, in the history of TNA there have been a lot of amazing wrestlers that have come and go. Usually when someone brings up "TNA Original" names such as AJ Styles, Chris Sabin, and Daniels are the names that pop up. But I've been looking back at the history of TNA, and I've noticed that Abyss is just as important as the characters mentioned. If one remembers his monster's ball matches, his bare-wired match with Sabu, these matches helped to bring in the hardcore fans to TNA. Abyss at 6'8 should be considered one of the best big man in not just TNA, but in the professional wrestling business. I mean for his size, he has shown to be agile, strong, and has given some great matches with the likes of AJ Styles, Mick Foley, and Jeff Hardy.

Then he became Joseph Park, At first I wasn't fond of the idea. But after awhile I've grown to actually like the Joseph Park character. Abyss has given the Joseph Park character a personality, a loveable one at that. Someone that the fans can get behind. It shows how truly talented he Abyss is, to switch from being this monster associated with thumbtacks, and tables, to this lawyer character whom when I watch wrestle I almost forget that this use to be Abyss.

I was watching his past match with Hardy on the impact a week ago, and I absolutely loved when he black-hole slammed the ref. I thought his facial expressions was absolutely amazing. I think Joseph Parks is the best character in the company, and I'm excited to see the character continues to transform.

Abyss is one of my favorite wrestlers in TNA history. I think he is on of the greatest big men in the wrestling business in general. And in a sense he kind of reminds me of Mick Foley (My favorite wrestler of all time) in the fact he can turn into this monster. Putting people through thumbtacks, and putting himself through harm. But in a second, change into a loveable character that knows how to get the whole crowd behind him. To me that shows real talent.

Thoughts on the monster Abyss/Joseph park.

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I must say, in the history of TNA there have been a lot of amazing wrestlers that have come and go. Usually when someone brings up "TNA Original" names such as AJ Styles, Chris Sabin, and Daniels are the names that pop up. But I've been looking back at the history of TNA, and I've noticed that Abyss is just as important as the characters mentioned. If one remembers his monster's ball matches, his bare-wired match with Sabu, these matches helped to bring in the hardcore fans to TNA. Abyss at 6'8 should be considered one of the best big man in not just TNA, but in the professional wrestling business. I mean for his size, he has shown to be agile, strong, and has given some great matches with the likes of AJ Styles, Mick Foley, and Jeff Hardy.

I was watching his past match with Hardy on the impact a week ago, and I absolutely loved when he black-hole slammed the ref. I thought his facial expressions was absolutely amazing. I think Joseph Parks is the best character in the company, and I'm excited to see the character continues to transform.

Styles vs. Abyss from Lockdown 05 is one of my favorite cage matches in the past decade; excellent match with great storytelling...

That being said, I disagree with the bolded only because I think there are better characters, but undeniably, Parks is over with the casual (and to an extent the "die-hard" fans of TNA) fans. Abyss is Parks is amazing to watch for a man his size and he definately should be remembered as a TNA Original more when the topic comes up. Chris is very impressive because he plays the "greenhorn" role of Joey Park so well, especially for a guy who we all know has the in-ring abilities shown over his past 10+ years in TNA.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Jo Park started off great and then when he first wrestled I went off him, now he's learnt how to wrestle a bit I'm liking him again. I love the idea of this green as grass guy who can pull tricks out the bag when needed and I think it's genius to put a talented veteran like Abyss in that role. At this stage I'd like to see Jo develop into a more credible competitor over the next year or so or maybe get "injured" and have Abyss return while they run a rehab angle for Park who can return Rocky Balboa-esq to win triumphantly.

Divas to believe in.

He is one of those guys that just doesn't get the credit he deserves possibly because of all the monster's ball matches and hardcore styled matches he has worked but he can wrestle as well.

For a while I was thinking I'm the only one who forgets he isn't really a rookie. Just the other day I caught myself thinking, damn he's terrible. That takes skill, to pretend you know nothing about what you are doing. I guess he figured he HAD to make it work. I believe it would have hurt him badly if Joseph Park would've flopped.

Blog Entries
    When ever I think of Abyss, first thing comes into my mind is Lockdown 05....

Initially I thought Abyss is a poor man's Cactus Jack...but the more I saw him the more I went into his character...he's great at what he did as Abyss....Abyss is one of those people who is not credited as GREAT by contemporaries but will go on to cement his name in the History...

Coming to Jo Parks...until I read about him here..I never know that he's the same guy who played Abyss...I mean who can believe it??? He's so amazing and his promos/acting/character/ everything is so great as Parks..it takes a lot to act like a rookie n pretend to be not knowing anything about the game when actually he is an in ring vet...

Blog Entries
    Actually when i introduce my friends to TNA, I show Lockdown 05 Aj vs Abyss to every one because in my opinion it is THE BEST STEEL CAGE MATCH in the past DECADE...

once when i was showing the match to my cousins, they loved Abyss more..then I just showed them a match of Jo parks...they enjoyed his antics n non-wrestling ability n the sudden outburst....but they got shocked when I said he is Abyss...

Parks on his own can also get so many casual fans to TNA even if people are not aware that he's Abyss...when the same people comes to know that he's Abyss they'll enjoy him more...

I do not see any value with the two, Abyss should leave TNA and come to WWE to have a dream Wrestlemania match with Kane!

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinBlade View Post
    I do not see any value with the two, Abyss should leave TNA and come to WWE to have a dream Wrestlemania match with Kane!

Why would you want him at WM against Kane when you "do not see any value with the two"?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone