Page 1 of 21 123 11 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Wyatt Family Debut!!!

I thought it might be interesting and fun to dissect the NXT roster a little bit, discuss who's got promise, who doesn't, take a look at some of their matches and each give our impressions.

Since I'll be doing this in no particular order, I'll start this first episode with a personal favourite of mine - The Wyatt Family. (It's possibly just called 'The Family' but I'm unsure)

As a big fan of the Windham/Rotunda family legacy, I'll begin by addressing....Windham Rotunda! Or as he has come to be called, Bray Wyatt. Formerly known as Husky Harris, most familiar to WWE viewers from the first season of NXT. Unfortunately, the Husky gimmick didn't really work for Rotunda and he was relegated back to FCW/NXT, where after trying another gimmick very briefly (I think it was one match!), he was repackaged as the fedora-wearing, Max Cady-esque character, Bray Wyatt.

Due to injury, his in ring performances are few. However this has allowed him some time for character development and he subsequently formed The Wyatt Family - consisting of Luke Harper(L) and Erick Rowan(R):

Erick Rowan's(Joseph Ruud) previous gimmick was as a Norse giant but as far as I can tell, they have abandoned that. From the info I can garner, he has been wrestling for 9 years and was trained by Eddie Sharkey, who also trained The Road Warriors, Austin Aries and the Steiner brothers, among many others. Luke Harper(John Huber) has been wrestling for 9 years as well and has appeared in CZW, DGUSA and ROH and received training from Tony Mamaluke.
    Their current gimmick appears to be redneck monsters who are controlled by Wyatt's character to do his bidding. Here;s a couple of fan shot matches I could find of theirs(if anyone can find more, please post them);

I see huge promise in these guys and their gimmick. I think with a bit more time and maybe given a run as the first NXT tag champs, they'll be ready for the main roster. What's your impression?

Good thread Robbo! I need something like this as I'm so far behind in Nxt and have no idea who is doing what or anything.

Big fan of Harris or Wyatt as he's called now. Not heard of the Wyatt family before, anyone know how exactly that trio came together?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    Good thread Robbo! I need something like this as I'm so far behind in Nxt and have no idea who is doing what or anything.

Big fan of Harris or Wyatt as he's called now. Not heard of the Wyatt family before, anyone know how exactly that trio came together?
    Far as I remember, Wyatt talked about his family and shot promos and whatnot. Then started introducing them before their matches, at the end of which, he'd say they were a part of his family.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    Wyatt had a similar theme going when he was 'managed' by Eli Cottonwood. But since Wyatt got injured, but was obviously still useful on the mic (which he's great at), I'm thinking it was the void left by The Ascension that prompted them to put this one together.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    Far as I remember, Wyatt talked about his family and shot promos and whatnot. Then started introducing them before their matches, at the end of which, he'd say they were a part of his family.
    Ah cool cheers.

May have to look back on some clips, seems a very interesting storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Wyatt had a similar theme going when he was 'managed' by Eli Cottonwood. But since Wyatt got injured, but was obviously still useful on the mic (which he's great at), I'm thinking it was the void left by The Ascension that prompted them to put this one together.
    I don't think so, he's been running in this character for a while; and Luke has been with him since November 7th.

Nonetheless though the gimmick is great; Bray sitting in that rocker adds to it a lot.. I was hoping TAC would get added instead of Erick Rowan.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    I don't think so, he's been running in this character for a while; and Luke has been with him since November 7th.

Nonetheless though the gimmick is great; Bray sitting in that rocker adds to it a lot.. I was hoping TAC would get added instead of Erick Rowan.
    I was referring to the TEAM being brought up to replace Ascension, not Wyatt himself. If you noticed, my mentioning of Cottonwood is a nod to him using the character almost 2 years ago. But since I need to spell that out....there you go.

Anybody else get a Charles manson like vibe off this team thats probably why i like it so much haha and i loved the Cape Fear film.

But definitely after Paige and Ohno these are my favourites to be called up .

Blog Entries
    I'll probably do one of those guys next breakdown.

If WWE do bring The Family up, they need to get behind them with a sustained push. Either Rowan and Harper with the tag belts or Wyatt with a healthy IC run would do.

Blog Entries
    Anyone else got an opinion on these guys?