Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello, My Name Is

Something I have noticed for a while and it has started to bug me a bit. For weeks on end, we see these guys such as Paul Heyman, Randy Orton, John Cena and the like come out, either walk around on the stage, or walk into the ring and I hear this as they address the WWE universe, "my name is *insert name*". What irks me about it, is that it gives me an idea that the WWE thinks its universe never have a clue who these guys are when they come out, never mind the fact that you just showed their name on the screen (granted the arena can't see that), some cases, the announcer will announce their name and the need to still start the promo with "My name is" to me, further contributes to the issue I have that the WWE feels like we are nothing but a bunch of folks with horrible ADD/ADHD.

Now I understand their audience is of the younger crowd, but even I would think at some point, they will know what happened 45 mins ago in the show, plus with the plethora of ways to recap yourself with technology unless you cut yourself off from technology and/or wrestling, it is virtually impossible to not know what is going on.

I know, I know, with some folks, it was apart of their catchphrase, but I feel they have gone to the well with this one too many times. I could be overreacting, but if I feel something like this has been brought to my attention, then I believe that it has happened one too many times.

Fandango should take leg drop lessons from Miguel

Paul heyman does it to draw heat. Randy Orton also used to do it for that very reason too.
    I don't really hear John Cena doing it often. It has nothing to do with WWE thinking the fans have forgot who "insert name" is.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    Paul heyman does it to draw heat. Randy Orton also used to do it for that very reason too.
    I don't really hear John Cena doing it often. It has nothing to do with WWE thinking the fans have forgot who "insert name" is.
    This.
    They're not doing it to remind people of their names, they do it to draw heat or get a pop or whatever.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Broadcast (RTVF) majors will tell you, always act like you are gaining new audience members every minute or every 15 minutes. So it's pretty common. I dont mind that as much as the cliche, "Each and every one of you". McMahon started that and it's like he forces everyone to add it into their promos. Ziggler just did it during his promo on Smackdown.

Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl View Post
    Broadcast (RTVF) majors will tell you, always act like you are gaining new audience members every minute or every 15 minutes. So it's pretty common. I dont mind that as much as the cliche, "Each and every one of you". McMahon started that and it's like he forces everyone to add it into their promos. Ziggler just did it during his promo on Smackdown.
    This. And the point about drawing heat. For me it's as if they're just bigging themselves up: "don't you know who I am?! My name is [bold spoken flashing lights]"
    It's an arrogance thing and/or it helps establish a new star "My name! My name is Ablerto Del Rrrrrrrrr-eeeeeee-oooooo!"

Divas to believe in.

Doooooo Youuuuu knooooooww whoooooooo IIIIIIIIIII aaaaaaaammmmm ?
    Respect the beard !

Blog Entries
    What annoys me is how Micheal Cole hardly relevant history with regards to what is happening during a match or promo but never stops reminding us of what happened "Earlier Tonight"

but the name thing, Randy Orton well over does that along with the "Emphasis Pause" every two seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Los Conquistador View Post
    What annoys me is how Micheal Cole hardly relevant history with regards to what is happening during a match or promo but never stops reminding us of what happened "Earlier Tonight"

but the name thing, Randy Orton well over does that along with the "Emphasis Pause" every two seconds
    I still remember when Orton paused and asked Sheamus what his lines were while he was in the middle of working a mic to the live crowd. lol
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

all these years later, we know their damn names lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    Exactly it is too piss people off and it works.