Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WM 30-John Cena vs CM Punk or Cena vs The Undertaker?

At WrestleMania 30, there are many possibilities for matches that could happen. A match that some feel could easily draw huge is a match between the two biggest stars of the past 5 years. Yes I am talking about John Cena and CM Punk, a main event at WrestleMania 30 for the WWE championship to determine who is the better man. To me, this match has intrigue and has plenty of potential to be a great match, on the other hand it could be a flop in terms of a getting a high buy-rate. It would also involve Cena winning the title back after Daniel Bryan holds again. Which means yet another title reign for John Cena, something which I feel he does not need at this point. What are your thoughts on this match?

John Cena vs The Undertaker on the other hand is a match that has been years in the making. When you think about all of the opponents The Undertaker has faced at WrestleMania, the one guy that he still has not faced is John Cena. John Cena is possibly the only threat left to the streak. Many may say that this match is the bigger draw and that it would more fitting for an event like WrestleMania. However, one has to question will the WWE let their biggest draw lose to The Undertaker at WrestleMania in a clean fashion? Or would the WWE have the clout to let Cena end the streak?

What do YOU think?

Cena's not ending the streak. I don't think Taker would let it end to a guy who doesn't need the rub, who is already over. Cena wouldn't even be a tiny bit hurt by losing to Undertaker. Punk's prestige wasn't affected by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan McQueen View Post
    At WrestleMania 30, there are many possibilities for matches that could happen. A match that some feel could easily draw huge is a match between the two biggest stars of the past 5 years. Yes I am talking about John Cena and CM Punk, a main event at WrestleMania 30 for the WWE championship to determine who is the better man. To me, this match has intrigue and has plenty of potential to be a great match, on the other hand it could be a flop in terms of a getting a high buy-rate. It would also involve Cena winning the title back after Daniel Bryan holds again. Which means yet another title reign for John Cena, something which I feel he does not need at this point. What are your thoughts on this match?

John Cena vs The Undertaker on the other hand is a match that has been years in the making. When you think about all of the opponents The Undertaker has faced at WrestleMania, the one guy that he still has not faced is John Cena. John Cena is possibly the only threat left to the streak. Many may say that this match is the bigger draw and that it would more fitting for an event like WrestleMania. However, one has to question will the WWE let their biggest draw lose to The Undertaker at WrestleMania in a clean fashion? Or would the WWE have the clout to let Cena end the streak?

What do YOU think?
    Who cares? It does not effect us what so ever if it's a flop, and anyway most people don't buy WM because of the matches about 90% of buys will be from people that buy every year no matter what.

I hope to see both of these matches at WM one day, but i would be more hyped to see Cena vs Taker (Mostly because Punk and Cena have fought so much times already)

I can't see a Punk vs Cena match at Wrestlemania 30

John Cena vs The Undertaker, why not. Actually it's only a rumor

Now Wrestlemania 30 is in 9 months and a lot of things can happen
    Respect the beard !

Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    Who cares? It does not effect us what so ever if it's a flop, and anyway most people don't buy WM because of the matches about 90% of buys will be from people that buy every year no matter what.

I hope to see both of these matches at WM one day, but i would be more hyped to see Cena vs Taker (Mostly because Punk and Cena have fought so much times already)
    Consider me well inside that 90%.
    Given the choice between paying to see Cena vs 'Taker or Cena vs Punk again it would be a pretty close call. Cena vs. Undertaker is a match we've not seen in years (and I've never seen) but I really wouldn't want to see Cena end the streak. Cena vs. Punk has delivered more than once but we've seen it a couple of times already now.
    I think I'd rather see Cena vs. Bryan, Punk vs. Austin and Undertaker vs Sheamus than either of OP's suggestions.

Divas to believe in.

Blog Entries
    This is awfully similar to your other topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    This is awful.
    Condensed by Tool inc.

All the matches machomanfan threw out were good, and Punk vs Cena is always the best match of recent memory when it occurs, but I'm someone who believes it should've been Punk's Championship streak vs The Taker's streak at WM 29. I like the idea of Cena going through Ryback, Mark Henry, Daniel Bryan etc. until he holds the belt for a the whole year to defend it against Taker at 30. I don't think they can top how epic that match would be unless they brought Stone Cold or Sting or something like that.

Blog Entries
    I like the idea of hyping up the WM match, but if Cena holds the title more than 2-3 more months, I'll stop watching WWE until WM.

Let john cena beat the undertaker down just to prove that although he kept the streak, john cena is the new mania king and will be for the next decade or until wrestling takes a catastrophic death.