Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rob Van Dam versus Ryback at Summerslam

So I was sitting here thinking: what if the WWE pull a swerve on us and decide to go with RVD vs Ryback at Summerslam? I think this would be an interesting match and feud and a great way to start RVD's big return. RVD could help establish Ryback as a top heel in the company just for being one of the most over babyfaces on the WWE roster. This would be one of the top matches for Summerslam on an already potentially stacked card for Summerslam:

John Cena (c) vs Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton for the WWE title
    CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar
    Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Alberto Del Rio for the World title
    Mark Henry vs Big E Langston
    Rob Van Dam vs Ryback

They could make it a winner takes attire match.

I would much rather see Rob Van Dam face Curtis Axel. With RVD formally being a "Paul Heyman guy", I think a program between the two would be a great way to not only establish Curtis Axel as a true Intercontinental Champion, but bring some much needed prestige back to the title. There could be great build up for these two as well with Heyman involved as RVD refuses to align himself with Heyman in which Heyman will use Axel to seek revenge.

As for SummerSlam card...

Main Event
    Daniel Bryan (c) vs John Cena vs Mark Henry "Triple Threat match for the WWE Championship"
    (Cena will defeat Henry at the MITB PPV and Henry will attack Cena after the match for revenge. Bryan will then come to the ring with the briefcase in hand and cash it in to become the New WWE Champion! Cena and Henry will then have a match or 2 to determine the #1 Contender but they will both go to no contest which forces Vickie Guerrero to name a #1 contender match for SummerSlam)

Other Matches
    Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Alberto Del Rio "Ladder match for the World Heavyweight Championship"
    CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar
    Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins (c) vs The Undertake & Kane "WWE Tag Team Championship match"
    Dean Ambrose (c) vs Christian "United States Championship match"
    Custis Axel (c) vs Rob Van Dam "Intercontinental Championship match"
    AJ (c) vs Kaitlyn "Diva's Championship match"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan McQueen View Post
    Rob Van Dam vs Ryback
    Thats a match I really don't want to see. It sounds already boring to me. I liked RVD back in ECW, but I did not really enjoyed him in TNA, because he tries to put the same matches than before, but, the problem is that he is not as fast as he was. It's like he gives a phone call to his opponent before doing a move...Not interesting for me.
    Respect the beard !

I could see the match happening but i don't think it will be any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick BoA View Post
    They could make it a winner takes attire match.
    You beat me to it! Haha

I don't think this would help Ryback at all. He's already going to go over Jericho, a feud to have him go over Van Dam will make it look like he's playing exclusively in the Seniors Tour. He needs someone fairly young and relevant to feud with, like a move over to the WHC picture and a feud with Ziggler, maybe after crushing ADR in a #1 contender match.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of the Voiceless View Post
    I would much rather see Rob Van Dam face Curtis Axel. With RVD formally being a "Paul Heyman guy", I think a program between the two would be a great way to not only establish Curtis Axel as a true Intercontinental Champion, but bring some much needed prestige back to the title. There could be great build up for these two as well with Heyman involved as RVD refuses to align himself with Heyman in which Heyman will use Axel to seek revenge.

As for SummerSlam card...

Main Event
    Daniel Bryan (c) vs John Cena vs Mark Henry "Triple Threat match for the WWE Championship"
    (Cena will defeat Henry at the MITB PPV and Henry will attack Cena after the match for revenge. Bryan will then come to the ring with the briefcase in hand and cash it in to become the New WWE Champion! Cena and Henry will then have a match or 2 to determine the #1 Contender but they will both go to no contest which forces Vickie Guerrero to name a #1 contender match for SummerSlam)

Other Matches
    Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Alberto Del Rio "Ladder match for the World Heavyweight Championship"
    CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar
    Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins (c) vs The Undertake & Kane "WWE Tag Team Championship match"
    Dean Ambrose (c) vs Christian "United States Championship match"
    Custis Axel (c) vs Rob Van Dam "Intercontinental Championship match"
    AJ (c) vs Kaitlyn "Diva's Championship match"
    Title prestige waaa waaa waaa.

I hope not, Layback is a joke and has no place in the company. Unless they try something that appeals to everyone

Just let him leave
    LET ME REMIND SOCIETY THAT I AM A LEGEND. AND ALSO I AM THE ONLY TRUE ENTITY THAT CAN CROSS TWO DIMENSIONS, AND STILL BE RELEVANT ​AMONG MY PEERS

I had booked him in the World Title match with ADR and Dolph

But something tells me they might go with Ryback

John Cena (c) vs Daniel Bryan

CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar

Shield (c) vs Taker and Kane

ADR (c) vs Dolph in a Ladder Match

Rob Van Damn vs Ryback

AJ (c) vs Kaitlyn

Mark Henry vs Big E Langston

Dean Ambrose (c) vs Christian

Pre Show

Curtis Axel (c) vs Fandango vs Wade Barrett vs The Miz