Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why MEM does make sense.

So a couple weeks ago I think a few of us had a bit of a debate on a forum about how Sting recruited people to MEM despite those people not helping him at Slammiversary.

Well I think Bully ray pretty much put this to bed -

"I find it very interesting that nobody wanted to come to Sting's aid at Slammiversary but now everybody wants to be buddy-buddy with him. I'll tell you the reason why. You guys haven't figured it out, have you? It's been a big question mark in the minds of wrestling fans for a couple of weeks now. Let me tell you something about pro wrestlers. They are amongst the most selfish people you're ever gonna meet. Ok? What was the stip of that match? The stip was that if I beat Sting, he could never wrestle for the TNA world heavyweight championship again. Right? So why would any wrestler wanna help Sting win because if Sting would have won, he would have become the world heavyweight champion. Which would keep him in the world heavyweight title picture forever. Thus having to wrestle those guys who didn't come down to save him."
    Now I do realize that someone will come with " But that doesn't explain why Sting let them in " and yes that's a good point. However I think there is two explanations for this, first of all I think Sting could forgive his fellow Main Event Mafia members if they gave the reason Bully gave if it meant he could end Aces and Eights. Also while a few people made it clear they want everything to make sense and be completely logical sadly your not always going to get that...if you want it your looking in the wrong place. ( and yes I realize it's not a great excuse on TNAs part but it's the way they do things)
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

i havent been watching TNA as of late but all this sounds very interesting. I think I should get back into watching it. I have an off topic question though. Is their a way to follow threads. Like for example if someone replies to this thread is their a way to get a notification of this?

What Bully said makes sense, and Why Sting allow the guys that did not helped him, enter the MEM, is also a question we could ask ourselves. You're right when you say that some of us, me for example, always want logical things to happen, but we're not going to get that always so we have to deal with it.

For me, it does not make sense that Sting has recruited all these new MEM guys, but I can do nothing, so I'm waiting for next Impact
    Respect the beard !

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    What also doesn't make sense is two of the guys aren't main event...

Quote Originally Posted by Scholars View Post
    What also doesn't make sense is two of the guys aren't main event...
    Be careful of spoilers.....
    Respect the beard !

Sorry if someone saw my post there...forgot that was spoilers.
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Yeah sorry pso didn't think before I sent ha

So.. basically..

they don't want to have to face the old man... they'd rather face the guy with the gang behind them?
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Bully should be writing the stories for TNA. I bet viewership would double if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    So.. basically..

they don't want to have to face the old man... they'd rather face the guy with the gang behind them?

Yes, they would rather face the guy with the gang that has been easily beaten by one man, over an old man who beaten said gang easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassling_Fan View Post
    Bully should be writing the stories for TNA. I bet viewership would double if he did.

Yes, they would rather face the guy with the gang that has been easily beaten by one man, over an old man who beaten said gang easily.
    All it takes is a weapon.

The Biker's ultimate weakness.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter