Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    Huge over hype, big push, peak to early, jobbing with 12 months.
    They've not even debuted yet and here you are taking a massive dump on them. Nice.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    I think they will come in and dominant for a few weeks coupled with a few random attacks for no reason at all. And plenty of creepy promos to get them over.
    So nothing new there, just same all heels debut in the WWE...
    Respect the beard !

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    I think they will get involved in the hhh,Steph & Vince segment next week

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    They've not even debuted yet and here you are taking a massive dump on them. Nice.
    They have virtually debuted though! They've had more screen time than 80% of the roster for the last month. Worst case of over hyping in years. They can't possible live up to expectations. Failure is on the horizon. I actually pity them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    They have virtually debuted though! They've had more screen time than 80% of the roster for the last month. Worst case of over hyping in years. They can't possible live up to expectations. Failure is on the horizon. I actually pity them.
    Have the videos really got you that hard for them? Really? They haven't for me.
    I'm expecting great things from them, but I'm not expecting them to be pushed to the moon. I expect them to feature in the tag team division. I see people saying that they're going to be involved in the McMahon vs HHH feud. HA! No chance in hell. They'll be in the tag tram division, where they'll be best used.

They haven't been more hyped than Sin Cara, ADR, Fandango etc. etc. were. The big difference being that these guys actually have the ability to live up to the hype. If you've been watching them work in NXT and in FCW before that then it's clear to see that these guys have 'IT'. You don't think so, then all the more power to you. I'm not here to tell you who you should/shouldn't like. But shooting them down before they've even debuted isn't really keeping an open mind. Saying that they've already debuted because you've seen a slight variation of the same video package played countless times is stupid frankly. There's a LOT more to them than what's been shown in the video package.

Have the videos really got you that hard for them? Really? They haven't for me.
    I'm expecting great things from them, but I'm not expecting them to be pushed to the moon. I expect them to feature in the tag team division. I see people saying that they're going to be involved in the McMahon vs HHH feud. HA! No chance in hell. They'll be in the tag tram division, where they'll be best used.

They haven't been more hyped than Sin Cara, ADR, Fandango etc. etc. were. The big difference being that these guys actually have the ability to live up to the hype. If you've been watching them work in NXT and in FCW before that then it's clear to see that these guys have 'IT'. You don't think so, then all the more power to you. I'm not here to tell you who you should/shouldn't like. But shooting them down before they've even debuted isn't really keeping an open mind. Saying that they've already debuted because you've seen a slight variation of the same video package played countless times is stupid frankly. There's a LOT more to them than what's been shown in the video package.
    I actually don't expect them to be involved in the tag team division that much. They'll have tag matches, but mostly I think they will focus on Wyatt as a singles star and use the other two as his heavies, like Big E Langston or Cowboy Bob Orton.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay_Allison View Post
    I actually don't expect them to be involved in the tag team division that much. They'll have tag matches, but mostly I think they will focus on Wyatt as a singles star and use the other two as his heavies, like Big E Langston or Cowboy Bob Orton.
    I expect it to be the other way around. I expect to see Harper and Rowan in the tag division with Wyatt acting as their manager, while having singles matches here and there. that's what they've been doing in NXT, and that's what I expect them to continue doing.

I expect it to be the other way around. I expect to see Harper and Rowan in the tag division with Wyatt acting as their manager, while having singles matches here and there. that's what they've been doing in NXT, and that's what I expect them to continue doing.
    I think a lot of that was done while Wyatt had some kind of injury and they wanted to keep him on screen and use his mic skills while he recovered. He's been doing a lot more wrestling in NXT lately.

I don't think the Wyatt Family should be pushed that hard. While Bray Wyatt himself may have star potential, his two lackeys Rowan and Harper are nowhere near close to that level and they shouldn't be pushed to that point.

Part of the problem with WWE nowadays is that they're trying to make too many people into "big deals". The roster is too top heavy, which makes everyone else look that much weaker by comparison by making them out to be jobbers. Trying to make the Wyatt Family a "big deal fairly quick" will only make it worse.

Every stable doesn't HAVE to be a "biggest threat to the company". They shouldn't be thrown at Cena, Punk, Sheamus, Orton, the McMahons, etc. right away, because then there's nowhere to go but down and we'd just complain that they've been "buried" because they aren't World Champions and won't be any time soon. We've already seen that with The Shield to some extent.

If all they do is squash Zack Ryder or whomever for the first few weeks and then immediately go into a feud with a main eventer, all they've served to do is further perpetuate the "Non-main event faces don't matter" environment that we've been subjected to for the past few years, and thus their presence is no real improvement to the product.

Ideally, they should be firmly in the midcard, but they should be feud with the midcard faces. Not squashing them, but always winning. Put them over as a force in the midcard, with midcard faces stepping UP to challenge them. Just keep attacking guys like Tons of Funk, Ryder, Gabriel, Yoshi, A-Ry, etc. until they band together and try to take on the Wyatt Family in various six man tags, where the Family just keeps winning. Wyatt has his gimmick and his weird promos to keep him afloat, and thus doesn't need the rub from beating up a guy like Cena, or being thrown into the McMahons' orbit off the bat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay_Allison View Post
    I think a lot of that was done while Wyatt had some kind of injury and they wanted to keep him on screen and use his mic skills while he recovered. He's been doing a lot more wrestling in NXT lately.
    While that's true, I think there's potential to use the Wyatt family as a focal point of the tag division by using them the way I suggested. i think that would add a very interesting dimension to the tag division.