Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: TNA roster cuts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwt15 View Post
    I love how IWC jump to conclusions its too funny. You believe everything these "sources" say when they are wrong 98% of the time. Truth is this is just the typical cutting of the dead wait, TNA isn't dying, I doubt anyone is going unpaid. Everyone just loves jumping the gun in the IWC it's quite hilarious actually.
    Yeah..... Until we hear it from the horse's mouth it nothing but gossip... other then that all we can do is water cooler gossip over interviews or statements from the released...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    Could be Roode, they reportedly /did/ forget to renew his contract at one point.

I have seen 2 or different stories about Roode.. one being his contract... the other being work VISA issues.... other then that no but Roode could say what happen several months back...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

1.) Crimson would be good as number two face in TNA, but I can't see him being the number one guy. I see Crimson as more of a Batista or CM Punk, rather than a John Cena. For two reasons, the first reason is that his mic skills are okay, but not great. He is more likely to get over due to him being so intense in the ring sort of like Goldberg, Ultimate Warrior, and Batista. Reason two, and this might be trivial, but his tattoos. If you look at WWE and WCW most of their number one guys weren't tatted up. They had the clean look, and if they had tattoos it wasn't very noticeable. Before everyone says the Undertaker, while Taker was a WWE mainstay maineventer he was never the number one guy in the WWE. All in all I'd say that Crimson is the biggest lose in these roster cuts.

2.) Joey Ryan was a victim of Matt Morgan oddly enough. With Ryan "teaming" with Morgan after his initial feud with Al Snow he really never got a chance to shine or get the spotlight. Ryan should've been placed in a proper feud with someone like a Kurt Angle or Samoa Joe. Somebody where his Sleezey gimmick would have really shined. However with all that being said Ryan is good with a microphone and pretty good in the ring, he isn't good enough to cover up his size and age. Overall I think this was not that big of a loss for TNA.

I don't really care about any of the other releases as women's wrestling isn't a draw and women wrestlers are easily replaceable.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

You can't keep everyone. I really would like to see more short term contracts. Maybe 3 or 4 months deal. A revolving door of talent. Just to keep things fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by body slam View Post
    You can't keep everyone. I really would like to see more short term contracts. Maybe 3 or 4 months deal. A revolving door of talent. Just to keep things fresh.
    While that would be good, it would go against building the comapny, how can they build a Star to be like a Cena light, when they only have 4 months.

Don't you know the Hogans need more t.v. time?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ziggles View Post
    While that would be good, it would go against building the comapny, how can they build a Star to be like a Cena light, when they only have 4 months.
    Its basically a trial period. You are not building as much as you're just seeing what they got. If they do good, connect with the fans, or make a impact. You sign them to longer deal. If they don't do well you're not stuck with them and they can add former TNA star to their resume.

Kind of makes Gutcheck pointless if you think about it.

Madison Rayne - Contract expired. (She's also pregnant)
    Crimson - Big mistake was wrestling in OVW
    Joey Ryan - hired from Gutcheck well technically not but still.
    Christian York - Gutcheck
    Taeler Hendrix - Gutcheck (apparently requested her release)

Back to my Gutcheck point 3 people from gutcheck were released in this clear out.

Alex Silva was released on the 5th of June. (1st GC winner)
    Joey Ryan was technically the 2nd.
    Taeler Hendrix was the third GC winner.
    Sam Shaw still under contract. (4)
    Christian York (5)
    Wes Brisco still under contract.

In total there have been 8 signings from Gutcheck and only 4 of them are still employed.

Quote Originally Posted by body slam View Post
    Its basically a trial period. You are not building as much as you're just seeing what they got. If they do good, connect with the fans, or make a impact. You sign them to longer deal. If they don't do well you're not stuck with them and they can add former TNA star to their resume.
    They would actually need tO use them. It's one two short story lines for these gc guys and the they are gone, if they even have that
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Kind of makes Gutcheck pointless if you think about it.
    I was a fan of the concept, but not the execution.