Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should TNA have stayed on Monday nights?

I was wondering what would have happened to TNA if TNA stayed on Monday. I remember the first night I believe they went head and head you actually heard TNA chats on Monday Night Raw. And I thought to myself this may have been the perfect for TNA. Think about it, when WWE has horrible segments, many fans would have the choice to switch over to the TNA product. All TNA would have had to do was to keep putting on great segments. I felt if TNA had stayed on Monday they would have eventually gained a lot more viewers in the long-run if they had stayed on Monday Nights. Maybe not immediate but if TNA would have put out an amazing product on a week to week basis (they have the ability to do so) they may have been able to take some viewers from the WWE.

Thoughts?

TNA did horrible on Mondays and it would have been horrible through out that time. Especially with its "genius" at the time. TNA isn't big enough to go head to head with RAW and MNF and other sports held in Monday nights.

#REAL!

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I was wondering what would have happened to TNA if TNA stayed on Monday. I remember the first night I believe they went head and head you actually heard TNA chats on Monday Night Raw. And I thought to myself this may have been the perfect for TNA. Think about it, when WWE has horrible segments, many fans would have the choice to switch over to the TNA product. All TNA would have had to do was to keep putting on great segments. I felt if TNA had stayed on Monday they would have eventually gained a lot more viewers in the long-run if they had stayed on Monday Nights. Maybe not immediate but if TNA would have put out an amazing product on a week to week basis (they have the ability to do so) they may have been able to take some viewers from the WWE.

Thoughts?
    I think it was better for them to move back. They have no competiton from another wrestling show, good time slot(if a shitty channel).

Plus, they'd have to contend with WWE.. /and/ the NFL when it was on. We saw WWE breaking below 3.0, I can only surmise TNA would have went lower as well.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking if they would had change time slots.... Maybe something like 730 till 930.... or something like that....
    But of course it didn't work, IMPO, I think competition of the TV audience is what hurt them and even hurt them now... plus the fact of having less hours of programming ..
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

I think they should try it once a month, with one of those big PPV style episodes they have. Not that it would matter, because it'll only get the wrestling marks who already watch TNA, while the regulars will have no clue IMPACT is on.

No. Having to compete with Raw is already hard to do but then you have to add the fact of Monday Night Football.

They are doing much better on Thursdays then they would have ever down on Mondays.

Blog Entries
    Although the Monday time hurt ratings initially, i think it could still potentially work. Plus I'd like to consolidate my wrestling viewing from 3 nights to 2 nights anyways.

There's a reason why the went back to Thursday nights; their ratings were plummeting week by week, i remember them struggling to get 0.8's and 0.7's. They tried to restart the Monday Night Wars because they had Hulk Hogan's ego telling them they could but TNA isn't WCW and Thursday night's are where they belong.

I believe TNA can do special shows on Monday night, but every week means suicide
    Respect the beard !

Let's say that by some miracle tna grew to be almost as big as wwe. I still wouldn't advise that they go head to head, the amount people watching wrestling period is dwindling every year. I think it is also a different climate than all those years ago. Heck I would have tapped raw and nitro on my dvr if they were on now. I could have fast forwarded every time a Mcmahon came out for a 35 minute talk fest to open raw or the 25 minutes for goldberg to get to the ring ect ect.

Tna's true challenge is where to grow or get more fans in a world where the art form known as pro wrestling is slowly declining. I know when I was a kid tons of elderly people used to like to watch wrasslin, and kids too. WWE is trying to market to kids but they grow up. IMO TNA has to aim for two groups 1# WWE's fan they like wrestling they can watch a second show if you appeal to them. #2 long lost fans I know many people who stopped watching years ago most will reference a wrestler or two and they all seem to go on about how "silly wrestling has gotten. IMO TNA putting out a product that is on par with WWE is not enough they need to fire on all cylinders and be 100% better to even start to get some of WWE additional fans also to get people talking to give it a try. The story's need to make since the wrestling needs to be way better than the wwe. Every impact should feel like a ppv with big things happening on a semi regular basis and, every ppv should take it to a level that no one can seem to touch. A good episode of impact or a pretty good ppv are not going to cut it. I do watch impact every week and really enjoy TNA's current product but there is always room for improvement and if they want to seriously compete they need to step it up.