View Poll Results: Who do you think the 2.21.11 vignettes are for?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Undertaker

    0 0%
  • Sting

    0 0%
  • Someone Else

    0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57
  1. #1
    Fresh Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Saucon Valley, USA
    Posts
    18

    The Possibilities of 2.21.11

    Speculation.

    This is the type of thing I love. When the vignette for 2.21.11 first aired on RAW, i found myself shouting at my screen "holy shit, the son-of-a-bitch did it!," in reference to my immediate thinking that the vignette was for Sting. In the days since, I've constantly searched the internet for any signs of clues as to what 2.21.11 could bring, if nothing more than the simple fact that WWE throws a better curveball than Cliff Lee (Who saw him going to the phils over the yanks?). I've watched and analyzed the 1997 Starcade Sting promo a thousand times, searched some of the most obscure and horrible, and also great, wrestling websites that the internet has to offer, with absolutely no luck in getting any closer to the truth. So, like everyone else, it appears I too will have to wait it out another 2 weeks and 3 days to find out what happens, unless this site breaks some news, which I wouldn't put out of the question as we near the date its self.

    The last hour I've been sitting here, speculating, on what might happen, or who might be coming to WWE on 2.21.11. The Save Us vignettes were rather straightforward, I think everybody knew that Jericho was coming back to WWE, even though he was playing it off. So far there's been absolutely no word from Borden himself, nor do I think there will be. But the two vignettes are so very similar in the way they've been presented, which is virally, and that has me intrigued. Typically the WWE only airs vignettes when a wrestler from the past is returning, or a new talent is arriving. If a talent comes back from injury, it is usually a surprise with no prior hype, or they push him with a small video a few weeks before hand in order to get some higher ratings for that particular show.

    Obviously some think 2.21.11 will bring the return of The Undertaker. But there are a few facts that completely negate that idea, such as how the current idea is for a Wade Barret/Undertaker match at WrestleMania. Then there's also the fact that The Undertaker is on the Smackdown! brand. I understand why WWE would hype an Undertaker return on RAW, but they typically seems to air a small vignette that says "Undertaker returns in two weeks to get revenge" etc. Of course there is still the chance that the card may yet change, and WWE has decided to take The Undertakers' WrestleMania match in a different direction. So clearly The Undertaker returning on RAW is not out of the question. In fact, I for one, DO believe The Undertaker will be returning on 2.21.11.

    I also believe Sting will make his WWE debut on 2.21.11.

    Imagine this:
    Its finally Feb. 21st, and we're all eagerly waiting to see who comes down the entrance ramp (Assuming Ryan Clark hasn't figured out if Sting is really coming to WWE or not). The show is going along, typical night, opening in-ring segment, interruption by the GM, Cole douche's it up a bit, crappy diva's match, Santino and Kozlov win in what can hardly be called a match, so on and so forth. Then I would assume Undertaker would come out somewhere toward the end of the show, WWE fans weep a bit, and angel dies, TNA fans rejoice, Undertaker cuts his promo. We all think that the night is pretty much over, and Undertaker was what the 2.21.11 vignettes were about all along...and just when you give up all hope, WWE pulls a Sammy Sosa, sticks some cork in a bat and hits you in the face, dropping your jaw for at least the next hour as WrestleMania pre-order's fly through the roof, because Sting just debuted in WWE.

    Financially, it would make sense for Sting to finally come to WWE. With the actions figures, the t-shirts, gloves, a sting bat or two, etc...Steve Borden would be set for the rest of his life, if he isn't already. Also, I dont think anybody wants to end their wrestling career having never wrestled on the biggest stage of them all in front of 90,000 fans at WrestleMania.

    Even if its not Sting who debuts on 2.21.11, the wide spread excitement from fans is far more than the WWE could have hoped for. Im sure most of you, like myself, were on the internet the second that vignette aired, we probably even all typed "Sting" and "WWE" in Google news just to see if anything popped up. I even saw one person who was so excited about the possibility of Sting coming to WWE, that he made a WrestleMania poster hyping Sting Vs. The Undertaker.


    Pretty cool huh?


    So, open discussion as always.

    Dont forget to vote in my poll!

  2. #2
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

  3. #3

    How will 'Sting'....

    If Steve Borden a.k.a. Sting really is the man behind the 2.21.11 phenomena. How he will be injected into the UNDERTAKER - WADE BARRETT situation for wrestlemania...I'm still figuring out what is the best possible scenario that he can be put into a match with taker who's return is to have a revenge on NEXUS (especially the former leader Wade Barrett).

    Guys post your best opinions. Thanks.
    WHY SO SERiOUS?

  4. #4
    Black Ninja! THEKEVINBRAND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Now residing in an undisclosed location in Canada
    Posts
    7,949
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzy D View Post
    If Steve Borden a.k.a. Sting really is the man behind the 2.21.11 phenomena. How he will be injected into the UNDERTAKER - WADE BARRETT situation for wrestlemania...I'm still figuring out what is the best possible scenario that he can be put into a match with taker who's return is to have a revenge on NEXUS (especially the former leader Wade Barrett).

    Guys post your best opinions. Thanks.
    If Sting really is heading to the WWE, the only way for the WWE to put Sting over as a face is to have him side with The Undertaker and have him tag at WrestleMania. But if they really want to have the dream match, both must work as faces and then Sting should announce that "This is a match that has been 20 years in the making and all the old-school fans wanna see it. So what do you say 'Taker, you and me at WrestleMania?"
    The Journey of 1000 Miles begins with a single step!


  5. #5
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,599
    Blog Entries
    1
    They won't tag. WWE will never have Undertaker tag at Mania, as his streak is his own to defend, and nobody else. If Sting is coming in, then it has to be a on on one face vs face match.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  6. #6
    Black Ninja! THEKEVINBRAND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Now residing in an undisclosed location in Canada
    Posts
    7,949
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    They won't tag. WWE will never have Undertaker tag at Mania, as his streak is his own to defend, and nobody else. If Sting is coming in, then it has to be a on on one face vs face match.
    Uh never tag? WrestleMania XIX says hello
    The Journey of 1000 Miles begins with a single step!


  7. #7
    Just to see the Undertaker and Sting in the same ring.... That's how you implement that!!!

  8. #8
    Normal Member Rebel Lion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Apex of Existence
    Posts
    272
    Blog Entries
    2
    On the 2/21/11 RAW, have the lights go low....the thunder roars...the lighting strikes....and The Undertaker make his triumphant return!!! Let him come to the ring with a nice, drawn out entrance. let the fans mark OUT!! Let him get into his promo about Wade Barrett when......BOOM!!!! Lights go out....thunder roars....lightning strikes....but now the burning 2/21/11 comes up on the Titantron. lights back up......nothing. Look around, look around.....wait!!!! In the Rafters.....It's STING!!!!!! Undertaker face looks totally shocked. Sting comes down through the crowd, as the place explodes!!! Down to the ring.....the long-awaited face-off. Everyone on their feet!!!! Sting tells 'Taker he respects him. Big fan of his. Tells 'Taker that this is WM. Wade Barrett is small potatoes for the 'Taker at WM. He needs something bigger....something better....sonething epic. Like himself, versus 'Taker. the crow vs The Dead man. The Icon vs The Phenom. Sting tells him I'll be watching....& waiting. Lights off, Sting is gone. Whole place in pandimonium, both guys still faces. Wala!!!
    I am Rebel Lion. Come, now....I shall set you free!!


  9. #9
    Too much talking there I reckon. Sting shouldn't speak till the last minute of the last broadcast before wm

    "Taker, you really are a deadman"

  10. #10
    Black Ninja! The Brown One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Auckland, NewZealand
    Posts
    8,521
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by captainmoonlight View Post
    Too much talking there I reckon. Sting shouldn't speak till the last minute of the last broadcast before wm

    "Taker, you really are a deadman"
    I'd rather have him talk. It builds up great hype for the feud.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Lion View Post
    On the 2/21/11 RAW, have the lights go low....the thunder roars...the lighting strikes....and The Undertaker make his triumphant return!!! Let him come to the ring with a nice, drawn out entrance. let the fans mark OUT!! Let him get into his promo about Wade Barrett when......BOOM!!!! Lights go out....thunder roars....lightning strikes....but now the burning 2/21/11 comes up on the Titantron. lights back up......nothing. Look around, look around.....wait!!!! In the Rafters.....It's STING!!!!!! Undertaker face looks totally shocked. Sting comes down through the crowd, as the place explodes!!! Down to the ring.....the long-awaited face-off. Everyone on their feet!!!! Sting tells 'Taker he respects him. Big fan of his. Tells 'Taker that this is WM. Wade Barrett is small potatoes for the 'Taker at WM. He needs something bigger....something better....sonething epic. Like himself, versus 'Taker. the crow vs The Dead man. The Icon vs The Phenom. Sting tells him I'll be watching....& waiting. Lights off, Sting is gone. Whole place in pandimonium, both guys still faces. Wala!!!
    Awesome scenario! But I think they need to tie up loose ends with Barrett. Maybe they can tag before WM..and take out Corre/Barrett, thus finishing up that storyline. And then they can go 1 on 1 at Mania!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.