Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fan Chants

I don't mind fans chanting what they want. If they want to chant "what" during the first bit of a superstars promo, then by all means. After about 2 mins straight it gets very old and prevents one from being able to hear what the superstar is actually saying, plus it makes the wrestling show annoying to try and watch from home. I would prefer superstars to just continue talking over them without a pause so the fans don't have a point to say it. Construct your dialect in a way that results in longer sentences without so many dramatic pauses will prevent the fans from having the chance to say it, and will also eliminate that "reading lines" aspect that some many superstars come across as doing when cutting a promo.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Also i feel yes/no chants are going to be the whats of the future, there going to keep going even after DB has left.

Quote Originally Posted by browne81 View Post
    While that maybe true at least its contained. You don't hear yes chants thru daniel's entire promos

That is true...but it did after last year's Wrestlemania, spawning the whole "Yes" phenomenon to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by The Piper View Post
    I find it really annoying, like, really annoying. It completely takes away from a promo.
    Exactly, it makes the promo less enjoyable and ruins the vibe of a superstar's momentum!

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS

Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    Also i feel yes/no chants are going to be the whats of the future, there going to keep going even after DB has left.
    I agree. Even I would prefer Yes/No over "What!"

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS

I agree, i hate the what chants. But im being hypocritcal i went to watch a small show here in Bristol last Saturday and found myself saying what during a heel promo. I just got dragged into it when everyone else started.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

Out of place crowd chants are fairly annoying alright.

The what chant doesn't bother me at all. It shows me how effective Steve Austin was, he has been gone about a decade now and they still chant "WHAT".

I agree with the majority that these chants are way overdone. Austin himself has even stated he regrets starting them. Even though I don't care for them it is something I have come to accept and can deal with while watching WWE.

Now what really annoys me is when TNA's fans chant "WHAT." To me it screams desperation, and adds to the stigma that TNA is WWE light.

Blog Entries
    I think it's immature and reflective of the absolute minimal intelligence of most wrestling fans. The fact that they are stuck on a one word chant that is so old speaks volumes to their density.