Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Summerslam Thread

I'm gonna make a prediction about one match. The Shield's match, they are gonna get a match against The Brothers Of Destruction and Triple H. Why?

First of all: The rumors have it that Undertaker might work the August PPV. It has been posted here on EWN and on various other sites. And it has been teased enough by Undertaker himself by working more this year than he has been the past few years. And by Ambrose by constantly referring to him beating 'Taker and by using some moves. Like Old School at Payback. Plus it would sell.

Second: The McMahon family feud. All signs that we have seen in the past couple weeks have pointed out a Vince/Triple H feud. Most likely Vince will (like always) claim a vigilante to do his fights for him. But what about a whole team for once? Insert The Shield. The first hint, we received on this Raw, he said in a backstage clip that he likes them. That they remind him of himself. So take that for what it is. Plus, they could easily work on two enemies. Both Kane & 'Taker as Triple H for Vince. Plus, it would sell even more.

Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    I can see that, with another reason being the tag match will limit Taker's in ring time, a big plus logistically. They would need a massive stipulation for the match, and honestly, if the faces lose, it would be ridiculous.

Without a doubt, this would be a great idea. The brothers of destruction and Triple H vs The Shield would be a pretty big match on top of what we already have happening at Summerslam, which I believe the current match card would look like this:

WWE Championship:
    John Cena (c) vs Daniel Bryan in a singles match
    Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk with Paul Heyman involved in some fashion
    World Championship:
    ADR (c) vs Dolph Ziggler in a singles match
    The Brothers of destruction with Triple H vs The Shield
    Mark Henry vs Big E Langston

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan McQueen View Post
    Without a doubt, this would be a great idea. The brothers of destruction and Triple H vs The Shield would be a pretty big match on top of what we already have happening at Summerslam, which I believe the current match card would look like this:

WWE Championship:
    John Cena (c) vs Daniel Bryan in a singles match
    Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk with Paul Heyman involved in some fashion
    World Championship:
    ADR (c) vs Dolph Ziggler in a singles match
    The Brothers of destruction with Triple H vs The Shield
    Mark Henry vs Big E Langston
    So for the second biggest ppv of the year your only gonna have 5 matches? wheres the other half of the card?

John Cena(c) vs Daniel Bryan
    Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk
    ADR(c) vs Dolph Ziggler
    BOD vs The Shield(c)
    Dean Ambrose(c) vs Christian
    Curtis Axel(c) vs The Miz vs Fandango vs Wade Barrett
    AJ Lee(c) vs Stephanie McMahon

Not a bad idea at all and i can see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    John Cena(c) vs Daniel Bryan
    Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk
    ADR(c) vs Dolph Ziggler
    BOD vs The Shield(c)
    Dean Ambrose(c) vs Christian
    Curtis Axel(c) vs The Miz vs Fandango vs Wade Barrett
    AJ Lee(c) vs Stephanie McMahon
    If you take out Ambrose and have the BOD against the Shield 2 vs 2 it would have to be for the titles, Makes no sense not having the titles on the line, which would mean the Shield would win because they wouldn't put a title on the UT because he will most likely leave after SummerSlam and return for WM.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TNA 'The very best' View Post
    If you take out Ambrose and have the BOD against the Shield 2 vs 2 it would have to be for the titles, Makes no sense not having the titles on the line, which would mean the Shield would win because they wouldn't put a title on the UT because he will most likely leave after SummerSlam and return for WM.
    Precisely. Ambrose needs to defend his belt at SS, hopefully against Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Precisely. Ambrose needs to defend his belt at SS, hopefully against Christian.
    Yeah I agree but you can't have the tag team champions in a 2 vs 2 match on the second biggest PPV of the year and not have them defend the titles. I know the TT titles have little to no appeal lately but thats just a joke. If you put them against BOD then you know the shield will win because UT wont stay around long enough to defend them so they either give up the titles or have them lose them within a month, Seems pointless to take the titles off of, arguably the best thing in WWE right now for a month or two.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

Quote Originally Posted by TNA 'The very best' View Post
    Yeah I agree but you can't have the tag team champions in a 2 vs 2 match on the second biggest PPV of the year and not have them defend the titles. I know the TT titles have little to no appeal lately but thats just a joke. If you put them against BOD then you know the shield will win because UT wont stay around long enough to defend them so they either give up the titles or have them lose them within a month, Seems pointless to take the titles off of, arguably the best thing in WWE right now for a month or two.
    I think the 3 on 3 match makes more sense, the Shield are a bigger draw as a three man team.