Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GutCheck (from a different angle)

I have to link this here incase some missed it in the news page.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...appearance-roh

This right here is so very refreshing. In a time where it seems like most who get released from a WWE developmental contract take straight to Twitter to create a buzz around their name for Indy bookings, it is amazing to see someone like this actually write such an in-depth piece on the experience they had. Most (if not all) would say that Pearce was "fkd by tna" and rightfully so. I didn't expect him to get the contract due to his age, yet I fully expected him to at least move to the final round before being turned down.

That being said, I am glad to see that Scrap Iron sees the positives that his time on GutCheck gave him. The match was not the best, but by far Pearce’s abilities stand out. What I find most interesting is that he even notes to fans that it was his in-ring that got him the opportunity, but he is also using it as a chance to get his name out there for something behind the scenes; something that would be very appealing for Pearce as I think he could make an excellent trainer.

I only wanted to pass this along because it helped my respect for the man to grow and helped to confirm that GutCheck isn't just about signing guys to a contract immediately as it is/can be used to also help guy further advance from Indy talent with potential to a positively used wrestler (even if it's not in the ring).

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Everyone has pretty much wrote off Gutcheck as a failure, and for TNA yes maybe it was, but for me the entertainment and angles and storys like Adam's ( guessing guys like big o will get the same) make it worthwhile.
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Big O should have won!

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS

I've started to just ignore gutcheck, ever since they went to rookie VS rookie, they have gotten every single one wrong, of course that is just my opinion, turning down Velez was stupid, i can forgive them for not signing Pearce with his age but to not even put him to decision is stupid, not signing Big O is stupid, there is a reason that everytime they announce who is going to the decision they get booed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ziggles View Post
    I've started to just ignore gutcheck, ever since they went to rookie VS rookie, they have gotten every single one wrong, of course that is just my opinion, turning down Velez was stupid, i can forgive them for not signing Pearce with his age but to not even put him to decision is stupid, not signing Big O is stupid, there is a reason that everytime they announce who is going to the decision they get booed.

I wish I could give spoilers to change your decision, but I understand where you are coming from with this. I will just say that sometimes turning the talent down doesn't mean that they don't have interest in that talent (Joey Ryan for a prime example). My biggest issue with what GutCheck is doing (I like giving some exposure to two Indy guys but the only one I have liked since they did this was Jay Bradley vs. Brian Cage) is that they need to be looking for guys who they can plan for a future in TNA. I didn't see this with Silva, York, Lewie, Pearce, Magno, or Howe. I could see how Big O could have a future, as well as Cage. Shaw, Markopolous, and Ryan had seemed to be decent choices(X-Division depth). If they are going to bring someone in for a GutCheck, to make it a bit more believable, I'd rather them save people like Big O, Cage, and even Pearce for when they have a chance to actually make the segment suspenseful as we all knew Howe and Magno were "No" votes before they even went to the ring.

DRG hates everyone

I find it interesting that Scrap Iron was offered Joey Ryan's spot or gut check story line.

I like the idea and concept of GutCheck but I think they need to go back to where a they bring someone in to face someone already on the roster. I think this would allow for a more interesting concept and more interesting matches as you can have guys like Kurt Angle, Austin Aries, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, Bobby Roode, etc carry the matches that may not be as interesting with 2 indy guys that may end up clashing. Also, you could have a TNA guy lose here and there to help build a potential future storyline. For example, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards are free agents as of August 1st. I would love to see TNA bring these 2 in for a Gut Check match against Christopher Daniels and Kazarian and have the American Wolves beat Daniels and Kazarian. The American Wolves are then giving a contract and a feud between them and Bad Influence begins.

Also, I think the judges need to change. I have no interest whatsoever in listening to Bruce Prichard (Brother Love), Al Snow and Danny Davis. All are too old and boring and personally I think TNA needs to can Prichard and Snow and cut ties from OVW and Davis but that's just my opinion. Anyways, back on topic, I think they should use current stars like Kurt Angle, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Christopher Daniels and/or Kazarian... or bring in former TNA stars that the fans may be more interested in like Jeff Jarrett, Raven and Jerry Lynn.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of the Voiceless View Post
    For example, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards are free agents as of August 1st. I would love to see TNA bring these 2 in for a Gut Check match against Christopher Daniels and Kazarian and have the American Wolves beat Daniels and Kazarian. The American Wolves are then giving a contract and a feud between them and Bad Influence begins.

While you and I might enjoy seeing this and how the story pans out, I don't think that TNA would be wise to have one of, if not THE top tag team in their company lose to guys in a GutCheck segment. While I know Kaz and CD have the talent to spin it, to the casual or glancing viewer it makes TNA's talent look weak. Garrett Bischoff losing to Wes Brisco is one thing, but no one would have expected (or believed in) York going over Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of the Voiceless View Post
    Also, I think the judges need to change. I have no interest whatsoever in listening to Bruce Prichard (Brother Love), Al Snow and Danny Davis. All are too old and boring and personally I think TNA needs to can Prichard and Snow and cut ties from OVW and Davis but that's just my opinion. Anyways, back on topic, I think they should use current stars like Kurt Angle, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Christopher Daniels and/or Kazarian... or bring in former TNA stars that the fans may be more interested in like Jeff Jarrett, Raven and Jerry Lynn.

I agree in the change of judges. I appreciate Danny Davis for what he has done in the business, but I don't think he should be a judge. I would keep Snow for the jackets alone but Pritchard is trying too hard to be Simon from American Idol mixed with his personal Idol in VKM. I am all for a returning Jerry Lynn filling in one spot and maybe give the other to Sting after (if) he retires but their only other real option outside of Pritchard is Pat Kenny (Simon Diamond)... Although I might actually enjoy if they were to bring in Don West as the hype guy for the segment, or Hardcore Holly as the Hardass.

DRG hates everyone

It also becoming a joke as they are releasing most of the people that won Gutcheck.

After the recent releases i knew big o and ryan howe had no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    It also becoming a joke as they are releasing most of the people that won Gutcheck.

After the recent releases i knew big o and ryan howe had no chance.

How did you know that when the releases came after they were already denied the contracts?

DRG hates everyone