Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BFG Series

BFG Series

So we're now getting going in the BFG Series and 2 things have already caught me off guard. (1) Magnus is leading the way and (2) Bobby Roode is 0-2. Now I think Bobby will regain traction rather soon and the loss to Hardy didn't set him back nor do I think the loss to Magnus did either. However, the win over Bobby made Magnus look solid and sold him as a stand out in the first few weeks of the Series. Some might not have liked the final outcome of the Joe/AJ match 2 weeks back, but I liked seeing them go to the 15 min time limit. Jay Bradley, while taking a loss to Aries, impressed me as I haven't seen much of him, but he had a solid showing (he reminds me of Barry Windham for some reason; a "modernized throwback" in style if you will). My expectations for a Styles/Aries match have me waiting for when they announce the match. With all this craziness going on, I am asking you guys to pick who you think will be in the Top 4 at the conclusion of this Series.

For me, I am guessing AJ, Magnus, Anderson, and Aries. My thinking is that it will be Magnus vs. Anderson and Styles vs. Aries in the Semi-finals. The DOC vs. Anderson for the VP position will cost Anderson his match while Aries vs. Styles will be a dream match with heavy implications for the winner, making it feel that much more special. From here, Styles will move to the finals and put a cap on the rocket that Magnus seems to be on at the moment.

Of course, this can all change at a moment’s notice and I could see Roode, Joe, (possibly) Daniels, or Hardy just as easily sitting in one of those top spots. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

I could see either Jeff Hardy or Samoa Joe winning the BFG tournament.

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS

My original final four were AJ, Magnus, Anderson and Hardy but with Joe now in the Mafia he's more likely to get one of those spots. The question is: Who is out? All four have their own reasons to be there: Anderson as the aces and eights member has to be there in order to make the group look strong, they're trying to build Magnus into this young talented babyface main-eventer, Hardy is the most over in the company and AJ is doing his own thing and stuff (don't know how to put it). With how AJ vs. Joe ended this could set up a potential semi-finals/final so Hardy gets the boot, making the final four: AJ, Magnus, Anderson and Joe.
    Forum section back on the front page? Sweet!

I can see Roode finishing the series as the big name close to the bottom.

If Joseph Park doesn't win I'm rioting.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    If Joseph Park doesn't win I'm rioting.
    I thought you wanted Aries to win and face himself at BFG when he trades the X Division title?
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    I thought you wanted Aries to win and face himself at BFG when he trades the X Division title?
    I still do.

But I don't think the world would be able to handle a match of that caliber of awesomeness.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I still do.

But I don't think the world would be able to handle a match of that caliber of awesomeness.
    True; hopefully it's Aries vs Bully Ray at BFG it seems that way after this Thursday Impact!

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS

Basically I see the final four being, Magnus because he is getting this push and having him in the final 4 could be vital to his push.

Joe - Just seems like him being in the Mafia now guarantees a spot in the final 4....the Mafia said there goal is to get rid of the aces and eights and highlighted they want to take the title from Bully. This makes Joe a more serious contender for the BFG series win, putting someone like Magnus or Roode in MEM however could make it interesting.

Anderson - I think they kind of have to throw him in there, him being in the final 4 just throws another possible storyline in the mix. While I doubt they will go with the Anderson winning and turning storyline they might have the possibility there just so make the final winner less obvious.

Aj Styles - Do I need to explain....not including him in here would just be moronic IMO.

One wild card I would throw out there is a possibility that Aries is dropped out of the series as he is now apart of a world title match at Destination x. This would allow Chris Sabin to take his place, Sabin then starts as the under dog having to start behind everyone else. Again Sabin wouldn't have to win but he would HAVE to atleast be in the final 4.

Another thing I think TNA are planting the seeds to is we will see Joe vs Styles in either the semi - final, Final or maybe even a match for a place in the final 4 if there are two guys on the same points in fourth and fifth. Having them draw made this possible.

I also think that if they do play the fourth and fifth on same points card ( would work best with Joe and Styles since they drew you can't decide it on head to head record ) they could have a final five rather than final 4, with one semi being a triple threat.

Should that happen I see it being , 1st vs 5th and 3rd and 2nd vs 4th .

I would then see it being

semi one -

Magnus ( 1st ) vs Joe (5th ) vs Sabin (3rd)

semi two -

Anderson ( 2nd ) vs Styles (4th )

Guys like Roode and Hardy won't be harmed by not being in the final 4 as they have enough history and merit behind them. Bradley and Hernandez don't need it because no one expected them to be there.
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

I would love for Aries to win the World Heavyweight Championship and then win the BFG series. I think that would be interesting.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!