Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Will WORK for a PUSH?

Ok there are a lot of names in the WWE that spring to mind when I think of the phrase "Future Endeavors" or "Endangered Species" but has the inevitable yearly house cleaning started yet? Sure Matt Striker is gone and the basic feeling is more will follow but is that a good idea or a bad idea?

Actually I tend to lean on the side that SOME cuts in the WWE ranks are overdue at this point. While I do applaud the seemingly forward thinking of the new "development center" and what that might mean to NXT and the real up-and-comers of the future there is perhaps too many chefs in the main roster kitchen to really have enough room for growth there...

I still maintain everyone who is underused or lost in the shuffle have to make their own breaks and need to get off their tails in order to PUSH themselves but I also do not work in the business and can only speculate about the reality of what it takes to make a dent in the profession of sports entertainment. To that end here are a few names I personally think the WWE should say so-long to at this point:

Sin-Cara: poor masked guy never had a chance really...ok he never really found his legs in a WWE ring and the top brass seemed to lose faith in him very early on but he does obviously have talent and would be better off trading in his mask for one that is familiar and better fitting.

David Otunga: yeah the guy has the typical wrestler build that VKM seems to love but does anyone else agree he seems to only have been around at all so the WWE can say he is a ivy league educated lawyer and married to Jennifer Hudson? He really has not been interesting since the early days of the Nexus and while he may be touted as a "great ambassador" for the WWE how relevant has he been this last year?

Ezekiel Jackson: Another great build and a big man who has somewhat of a following in the foreign markets but has never proved very charismatic and/or impressive enough to keep him around on TV for a very long time...

Ted Dibiase: With this one I will admit I am conflicted...I want to like him as the "million dollar prince" but frankly he has never really found his footing in the WWE like his peer Cody Rhodes and what he does seem to posses some talent and charisma it has never been enough to get him over for very long...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    I think this topic does hold interest - especially with NXT seeming to be on the rise. One person in particular I'm wondering about to get the next FE is Zack Ryder. Especially after that little "1-800-WWWYKI" video came out. We haven't really seen Ryder a lot lately - unless he's being jobbed out - and from what I understand, he's been unhappy with his current place in the pecking order and has vocalized it.

The Star Signs
    IWA - JBW - TWE - BITW

Sagittarius Blue - 1st Ever JBW United States Champion

#WhereIsPiscesPink

WWE Fed...
    Kharma/Awesome Kong
    Lei'D Tapa, The Queen of the Rings
    Kenny King, The Prettyboy Pitbull

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scribbler_jones View Post
    I think this topic does hold interest - especially with NXT seeming to be on the rise. One person in particular I'm wondering about to get the next FE is Zack Ryder. Especially after that little "1-800-WWWYKI" video came out. We haven't really seen Ryder a lot lately - unless he's being jobbed out - and from what I understand, he's been unhappy with his current place in the pecking order and has vocalized it.
    I've heard that WWE have something planned for Ryder, which is why he's growing his hair out.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I've heard that WWE have something planned for Ryder, which is why he's growing his hair out.
    Thats what i have read but is it true i wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Thats what i have read but is it true i wonder?
    Yea, I wonder too. With the tag division struggling, I would love to see Ryder and Hawkins reunite. Last week on Raw Tons of Funk and the Usos were involved in a #1 Contenders match. That's BAD. I know people love the Usos, but they've been in this company for too long to have so little personality and to physically look as sloppy as they do. Between guys in NXT, Gabriel, Evan Bourne, Tyson Kidd, Kofi, Truth, Ryder, Hawkins, and others (and I know some of them are hurt)... there HAS to be some combos that they can use to spice up the tag division.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Quote Originally Posted by scribbler_jones View Post
    These superstars do not have the potential for a real push. Zack Ryder needs to change his gimmick in order to be taken serious enough and Sin Cara botches every move! Most of these superstars that were listed in this forum have no potential and in a few months we will see how they do in their future endeavors.

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinBlade View Post
    These superstars do not have the potential for a real push. Zack Ryder needs to change his gimmick in order to be taken serious enough and Sin Cara botches every move! Most of these superstars that were listed in this forum have no potential and in a few months we will see how they do in their future endeavors.

Sin Cara has gotten loads better, and was pretty much thrown to the wolves. They did nothing to get him ready for a trip to the main roster, outside of one month of training. He pretty much had to learn on his own.

----

Otunga is a pretty good ambassador for WWE. He's great for press, and they CAN levy his relationship, and why shouldn't they? If you got it, use it.

Zeke is injured. Should go back to NXT like Mason Ryan.

Ted, I like Ted, I think he could be a good midcarder, but everytime WWE goes to push him he gets injured.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    Sin Cara has gotten loads better, and was pretty much thrown to the wolves. They did nothing to get him ready for a trip to the main roster, outside of one month of training. He pretty much had to learn on his own.

----

Otunga is a pretty good ambassador for WWE. He's great for press, and they CAN levy his relationship, and why shouldn't they? If you got it, use it.

Zeke is injured. Should go back to NXT like Mason Ryan.

Ted, I like Ted, I think he could be a good midcarder, but everytime WWE goes to push him he gets injured.

That is exactly my point. WWE needs to make talent instead of breaking them. Big Zeke is injured and could of been a superstar such as Ahmed Johnson was back in the 90's. Unfortunately, he is boring to me and every match he has is sluggish. Ted is a superstar with a great family background but a change in his style would benefit him because remember you are not building around someone else legacy but your own. Indeed Otunga is a great superstar ambassador and he should stay that way because he is a boring wrestler and his only career highlight was being Tag Team Champions with Justin Gabriel and John Cena. In my opinion, give Otunga a backstage role and make him stay away from the wrestling ring. Sin Cara is a jobber to me and personally I do not see him making it into the WWE without a mouthpiece or someone that can carry him. He was eventually lost in the ruggish and struggling mid card WWE Superstars after Rey Rey was injured.

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinBlade View Post
    That is exactly my point. WWE needs to make talent instead of breaking them. Big Zeke is injured and could of been a superstar such as Ahmed Johnson was back in the 90's. Unfortunately, he is boring to me and every match he has is sluggish. Ted is a superstar with a great family background but a change in his style would benefit him because remember you are not building around someone else legacy but your own. Indeed Otunga is a great superstar ambassador and he should stay that way because he is a boring wrestler and his only career highlight was being Tag Team Champions with Justin Gabriel and John Cena. In my opinion, give Otunga a backstage role and make him stay away from the wrestling ring. Sin Cara is a jobber to me and personally I do not see him making it into the WWE without a mouthpiece or someone that can carry him. He was eventually lost in the ruggish and struggling mid card WWE Superstars after Rey Rey was injured.
    Zack Ryder also deserve a push. Even through his gimmick is stale, he is definitely a workhorse just to become champion again! After Tyson Kidd returns he should reform a team with Justin Gabriel and win the Tag Team Championship.

Blog Entries
    With so man part-time "legends" coming back through the proverbial revolving door (for better or worse in some cases) the opportunities seem smaller and smaller but they are there and I expect many superstars in the WWE are feeling equally frustrated and lost as the next guy...I hope they do indeed something new with Zack Ryder soon as well as a dozen others...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain