Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Undertaker: leave and maybe STAY gone?

I've been thinking about this a lot the past couple of years, and I know with all the 'Taker marks, I may get some flak, but here goes...

Undertaker is no longer entertaining to watch. There, I said it. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for legends and traditions (I had a freaken Taker sign at my first Raw in April 1999) but there comes a point where you just have to hang it up. His streak is cool, but becoming less and less believable. I mean, a sweaty, winded undertaker with a beet red face, saggy beer gut, and some cheap MMA gloves just isn't entertaining. They give him a 20 minute epic entrance so people don't notice the fact his opponent has been carrying the entire match, with Undertaker panting in the corner like a beagle with no water bowl on a Louisiana July afternoon.

He shows up for a couple of weeks a year to get the marks drooling, big woop. I can't remember the last undertaker match I was into. My viewing experiences are usually 'Oh look, old school. Oh, chokeslam. Some punches, didn't see THAT coming. Oh, better tombstone him before you have a stroke, you're not in the shape you used to be.''

I'm kind of a fan of GOOD, technical wrestling...therefor, I've never really been a huge fan of his. He's big, and never had much real skill. If I wanted to watch fake punches for a half hour, I would put an episode of the Adam West "Batman" series on the telly.

So, you can't deny the fact undertaker is not a good wrestler. At all. Never has been. What are some other reasons to like him? And don't worry, he only shows up for a few weeks around WM season, so you have a while to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal_ßunny View Post
    I've been thinking about this a lot the past couple of years, and I know with all the 'Taker marks, I may get some flak, but here goes...

Undertaker is no longer entertaining to watch. There, I said it. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for legends and traditions (I had a freaken Taker sign at my first Raw in April 1999) but there comes a point where you just have to hang it up. His streak is cool, but becoming less and less believable. I mean, a sweaty, winded undertaker with a beet red face, saggy beer gut, and some cheap MMA gloves just isn't entertaining. They give him a 20 minute epic entrance so people don't notice the fact his opponent has been carrying the entire match, with Undertaker panting in the corner like a beagle with no water bowl on a Louisiana July afternoon.

He shows up for a couple of weeks a year to get the marks drooling, big woop. I can't remember the last undertaker match I was into. My viewing experiences are usually 'Oh look, old school. Oh, chokeslam. Some punches, didn't see THAT coming. Oh, better tombstone him before you have a stroke, you're not in the shape you used to be.''

I'm kind of a fan of GOOD, technical wrestling...therefor, I've never really been a huge fan of his. He's big, and never had much real skill. If I wanted to watch fake punches for a half hour, I would put an episode of the Adam West "Batman" series on the telly.

So, you can't deny the fact undertaker is not a good wrestler. At all. Never has been. What are some other reasons to like him? And don't worry, he only shows up for a few weeks around WM season, so you have a while to answer.
    Everyone is untitled to there own opinion's, but The Undertaker still has a few year's left in the tank. I could see him retiring after he reached the milestone of 25-0 and his last match either between John Cena (hopefully at Wrestlemania 30) or Kane (last Wrestlemania).

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS

I couldnt agree more, his matches have been great still at Mania because of his opponents but if he fights a Cena or a Kane the matches will just be boring, the build up this year was one of the worst for a Taker feud and his character is overly predictable, I wish next year would be his retirement against someone worthy like The Rock

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinBlade View Post
    Everyone is untitled to there own opinion's, but The Undertaker still has a few year's left in the tank. I could see him retiring after he reached the milestone of 25-0 and his last match either between John Cena (hopefully at Wrestlemania 30) or Kane (last Wrestlemania).
    Really? 25-0? I can only see him going another 2 at most. Make sense for mania 30 to b his last. He is on the decline but huge props to him going this long. I reckon he should retire nxt yr after beating cena for wwe title. He deserves it and what you on about not a good wrestler. He's had many classic battles with the likesof hbk (not just at wm), stone cold, rock ( no way out nd vengence 02), angle (no way out 06), y2j (smackdown nd ec10), bret hart, edge ...

I still think that when the Undertaker is finished, the lights go out and the ring gets struck by lighting very fitting way to finish the character.

Blog Entries
    I can see where you're coming from. However, you're talking about the greatest big man of all time, and easily one of the top 5 ever on any smart list (I'd put him top 3). He has sacrificed his body and his ability to walk comfortably for the rest of his life to entertain us. The decision is his.

The most important letter in WWE is the E. Show respect to a legend. If you knew about Taker's love for this game and his badass real-life persona, you would know that he bleeds for this business. I say let him keep going.

for me, the undertaker is the reason is started watching WWE,
    for years the only reason i went online and watched smackdown was undertaker, he was, and still is, the best gimmick in the wwe

he is getting old, and it starts to show yes, because he works part time, well, only one ppv, the storylines aren't that well build anymore, but the punk vs taker match was one of the best on the card of the biggest ppv of the year

the HHH vs taker match was the match of the year past year

the HHH vs taker the year before that was the best match of that wrestlemania

i get why you like technical wrestlers more, but this is one the best best superstars off all time, even past his prime he is still damn good and he deserves to get his match at WM
    the day there is no taker match at WM, i will not watch the damn ppv

Quote Originally Posted by kakarot786 View Post
    Really? 25-0? I can only see him going another 2 at most. Make sense for mania 30 to b his last. He is on the decline but huge props to him going this long. I reckon he should retire nxt yr after beating cena for wwe title. He deserves it and what you on about not a good wrestler. He's had many classic battles with the likesof hbk (not just at wm), stone cold, rock ( no way out nd vengence 02), angle (no way out 06), y2j (smackdown nd ec10), bret hart, edge ...
    The Undertaker is capable of going on for another 4+ year's. It would make complete scene for him to go on until Wrestlemania 30 it's just why end the Streak at 22-0 when you could end it at 25-0 which in my prospective is a feat that no one is able to withstand or beat. The Undertaker is able to do it and the only person that can stop when he wants to is the deadman himself; and hopefully that is not soon. The only reason I reckon that Stone Cold should face the deadman is because there is not a lot of history between the two and either between the Rock and Undertaker. It is certain that The Rock might challenge for the streak and John Cena.

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere View Post
    I can see where you're coming from. However, you're talking about the greatest big man of all time, and easily one of the top 5 ever on any smart list (I'd put him top 3). He has sacrificed his body and his ability to walk comfortably for the rest of his life to entertain us. The decision is his.

The most important letter in WWE is the E. Show respect to a legend. If you knew about Taker's love for this game and his badass real-life persona, you would know that he bleeds for this business. I say let him keep going.
    At the end, The Undertaker know what is best and the streak would be one of the most historical focus point's in professional wrestling.

Blog Entries
    Exactly, he calls his own shots when it comes to his storylines.