Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Why Heyman needs to disappear for a while.

I have been an avid watcher of Mr Heyman since the old days of him being Mr Dangerously. He always had such impressive screen presence. But with Punk super reign, his pet pitbull Lesner and now his new project Mr Perfect Jr he is starting to get to much screen time. You only need to look at these forums to see people wanting him to have more associates/clients. Really? Heyman works well (for me) when he appears and you think to yourself "Ahhhh shiiiiiit. Things are about to get interesting!!". But when he comes out 2 or 3 times per Raw it just loses his impact. If Vince wants him on screen that much then make him the GM and we'll try that angle for a while. But 3,4 or 5 clients? No thanks.

I don't know where this Punk/Heyman "I don't need you" storyline is going. Or whether it is just a vehicle to get us to Punk/Lesner. But personally I'd like to see him step back a little. Have him accompany Mr P J for PPVs and talk for Lesner on the odd occasions the big lump is in a feud. Lets get back to "FUCK! It's Heyman" and away from "Oh loo, Heyman again."

Blog Entries
    I get what you're saying too. I mean having 3 clients on the go really is over exposing him in all honestly. I wouldn't say I'm sick of seeing him on my tv, since he's still entertaining to me, but there is a danger of over-killing something that's good in small doses for sure.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I get what you're saying too. I mean having 3 clients on the go really is over exposing him in all honestly. I wouldn't say I'm sick of seeing him on my tv, since he's still entertaining to me, but there is a danger of over-killing something that's good in small doses for sure.
    Exactly. I really don't get why people want him to expand his 'stable'. Personally I think Mr PJ was a mistake. I just don't find him on the right level to be a Heyman guy. It seems to forced. I wonder if they have held off of assigning him to Heyman if they'd known RVD was returning. Because RVD would have made a far better option.

I've just come back from holiday so haven't been up to date with it all but hasnt Heyman split with punk now? Leaving him with 2 clients one of which is a part timer. I dont really think overkill is a danger in this scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

I disagree some with being tired of Paul.
    Paul E convinces Punk he is his friend and at money in the bank Brock and Curtis Axel give him a beat down with Heyman giving him the bad mouth. Punk does an interview saying Paul is not and was not his best friend and introduces his real best friend Colt Cabana.

I think that Heyman gives the Punk/Lesnar angle a another interesting dimension. Remember, Punk will destroy most on the mic and Lesnar isn't much of a talker so Heyman fits well in this case.

Plus, Lesnar makes few appearances. How else would the story develop if not for Heyman?

"I am not a NUGGET!"

Blog Entries
    I don't think Paul Heyman should disappear but this whole 'Paul Heyman guy' has been milked, especially now it's become a storyline thing to just progress a wrestler Vince and HHH are high on.

Reserved for when Arsenal lift the FA Cup

It is great seeing him back on screen but i agree the more he appears the less impact he will make.

Blog Entries
    I think it can still work. He can show up on RAW to work with Punk, but I'd like to see Axel be used more on Smackdown, and just have Paul show up with him there. That way, you don't see him more than 2 times per show.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I don't think Paul Heyman should disappear but this whole 'Paul Heyman guy' has been milked, especially now it's become a storyline thing to just progress a wrestler Vince and HHH are high on.
    I agree. The whole Heyman Guy storyline has been becoming stale but it is not reason for Heyman to leave. This would lead young Curtis Axel out of direction in which many of the IWC would complain about and Brock Lesner (so boring) would becoming someone without a mouthpiece. Can anyone remember one time that Lesner has spoken without Heyman because he language and his promos are definitely in need for a manger or an mouthpiece and that is where Heyman comes in. Without Heyman guidance, Axel and Lesner would be loss because Punk does not need a mouthpiece after excellent promo's and non-rusty ring work since returning to the WWE after WWE Payback.
    If Heyman would leave WWE, I believe he should not completely disappear from the company but become General Manager in NXT because Dusty Rhodes is indeed boring or he can become a powerful commentator as he was during the Invasion angle with powerful and fast pace J.R. When someone says Heyman should leave WWE they must be have something wrong with them.
    Yes, the Heyman Guy saga has reached a boiling point but has reached to interesting television and helps elevate young superstars that become championship like C.M Punk, Brock Lesner(boring) and Curtis Axel. It has helped bring some spark back to the Intercontinental Championship picture and has also elevate the usage and the revival of Heyman. If you do not believe me look at Zeb Coulter, who has been grooming the up and coming Antonio Cesaro and has become relevant again. If the WWE was sick and tired of Heyman they would get rid of him already. We nag on all of WWE common mistakes but this one might be something that can groom the future of the Sport's entertainment.

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS