Blog Entries

Should Glover Teixeira Get A Title Shot?

Glover Teixeira

There are fans and there are haters, but within the UFC's Light-Heavyweight Division many believe that Glover Teixeira, (pictured above), is the single most threat to current UFC Light-Heavyweight Champ Jon Jones's title. Is this in fact true? Well Glover Teixeira has won 19 consecutive bouts, finishing 17 of them, and posted a perfect 4-0 mark since joining the UFC in 2012. At 33 years of age, Glover still packs a punch and is a BJJ Black Belt. His last fight @ UFC 160 saw him submit James Te Huna in the very first round. Since then he has given some interviews, none more fitting than the exclusive interview with Sherdog.com which can be seen here - http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/12-Questions-for-Glover-Teixeira-53451.

Coming up @ UFC 165 on September 21, 2013 Jon Jones will try to defend his title against Alexander Gustafsson. The question still remains as to who the winner of that bout will have to fight next. With a stacked light-heavyweight division in the UFC, who do you think is more deserving of a title shot and why?

Personally I would love to see Glover Teixeira get a shot at the title for obvious reasons stated above. Machida has already had a chance and I believe Glover should be next in line. Please post your choice and why you believe they should get a shot at the champ.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

I say one more solid win and he should get a title shot. I think next in line for the winner of Jones/Gustafsson is Machida should he defeat Davis which I believe he will.

Blog Entries
    What he^^^said

Blog Entries
    I'm not so sure Machida's style is much of a problem for Jones. Sure Loyoto Machida beat Henderson to potentially be the number 1 contender, but just because he's the #1 contender doesn't mean that he's a good match up skill wise for the current champ. I believe Teixeira is a much better match up for Jones and would be a more exciting fight.

Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    This is a test and only a test. eWN and it's mods, members, viewers do not necessarily agree with the message of this post:

Ronda Rousey

Glover's next opponent is Ryan Bader and will be on the UFC on Fox Sports 1 #3 card.

Normal Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLWWEFan View Post
    Glover's next opponent is Ryan Bader and will be on the UFC on Fox Sports 1 #3 card.
    At that point he is 5-0 after a year and a half ... must be due a title fight or at least an elimnator but against who?

Quote Originally Posted by rossmiller84 View Post
    At that point he is 5-0 after a year and a half ... must be due a title fight or at least an elimnator but against who?
    If Rua is successful against Sonnen, then I see a Glover vs Rua fight in the future pending Glover wins of course as well which I think he will defeat Bader.