Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MitB. Use it or move it.

I obviously can't speak for all of you, but I personally have started to find the MitB PPV a little on the boring side. The two MitB matches are normally ok, but have become a little forced at times. Then the rest of the PPV seems to be a bunch of fillers packed in around the MitB matches. Even the WWE title match is normally a little lower key than normal. It's like they can't let it over shadow the matches the PPV is named after.

So I'll propose two options. Use the PPV theme completely and have the entire PPV as MitB matches. One for each of the 6 titles. Yes six briefcases. WWE, WHC, IC, US, TT and Divas. I don't know if I like this idea or not. But it would be a total shake up of the PPV. Or option two is bounce it back to WM and just have one MitB match. The winner gets a briefcase he can cash in on any title he wants.

Any other suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Personally, I can name Punk vs Cena of 2 years ago as a WWE title match that definitely wasn't overshadowed. But that's just me.

I like the idea of the ppv consisting entirely of MITB matches. You could argue that it's a bit of an overkill of the gimmick, but think about it; 6 ladder matches on ppv, and then you'd have 6 people with 6 briefcases to cash in at any time. That adds a dimension of great unpredictability as to when all the cases will be cashed in and such.
    One problem with this idea though: what do the champions do at the ppv? Are they left off? I doubt you could fit in matches on top of 6 ladder matches, unless you drastically cut down the time allotted to each ladder match, which takes away from the match a bit I feel.

I'm also open to the MITB match moving back to Wrestlemania. Nothing more to add to that I don't think.

However, you say that the ppv has become boring, but it's usually one of the better selling ppv's for WWe, and has been since they started doing it. Plus, it's just been reported yesterday that this coming MITB is a sellout.
    I don't find the ppv to be boring at all, I've enjoyed each one that's been so far. So I'm happy to keep things as they are.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Moving the match to WM is the best option. Ladder matches for every title would be begging for multiple injuries. I don't see the MITB ppv lasting beyond 2-3 more years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere View Post
    Moving the match to WM is the best option. Ladder matches for every title would be begging for multiple injuries. I don't see the MITB ppv lasting beyond 2-3 more years.
    Curious to know why you think this?
    It's one of WWE's top selling ppv's. Why would they kick it?
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

There should not be a MITB Ladder match for each championship, it would kill the concept. I'm totaly against this idea.

The MITB Ladder match should be at Wrestlemania, like it was before.

Also, I'm not against a Divas MITB match also at Wrestlemania, it could really help the division to be more interesting.

The MITB ppv should be replaced by another gimmick ppv, perhaps King of the Ring or something else.

I think it's lost some lustre since the brand extension ended. Having two briefcases is a bit pap to me.

I'd go with the consensus of moving it back to WM, cutting it to just the one match and allowing the winner the freedom to choose either title to cash in on. This gives some added intrigue to which title they will eventually opt to cash in for, as this aspect has become monotonous too due to the cash in pretty much guaranteeing a title win (unless you're Cena!)

to me i think moneyin the bank has filled the void of a king of the ring its not on the par of a summerslam or a royal rumble but it stands above other ppvs like elimination chanber/hell in a cell/payback etc id like to see a divas money in the bank so it will give the division something id also like to experiment with merging the two money in bank matches together and have a 2 fall type situation with 2 briefcases at the same time just an idea prepare shoot it down if you hate it
    TNA PPV Prediction Contest 2011/2012 2nd

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Curious to know why you think this?
    It's one of WWE's top selling ppv's. Why would they kick it?
    Just bc the June/July ppvs always change and the concept is getting boring in my opinion.

hmm a mitb ladder match for the diva title, not bad,
    but for each title is a bit overkill,

of course the 2 mitb matches are the main events on this ppv, but with good booking the other matches don't have to be fillers

Quote Originally Posted by grave View Post
    hmm a mitb ladder match for the diva title, not bad,
    but for each title is a bit overkill,

of course the 2 mitb matches are the main events on this ppv, but with good booking the other matches don't have to be fillers
    So the WWE title match isn't the main event at MitB?