Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is Sting the link to a TNA/WWE cross promotion?

When Paul Heyman was recently asked the question about WWE possibly entertaining the idea of a cross promotional event with TNA, Heyman quickly shot the idea down saying that WWE has nothing to gain from it. Not so fast Heyman, WWE actually does have something to gain from it. Its that one big fish that Vince Mcmahon has never hooked; Sting. The column on the news page about Sting never signing with WWE over the recent years because he's so loyal to TNA got me thinking. The only way I could see Sting signing with WWE is if he could be assured that TNA would benefit from it and if TNA gave him their blessing. The answer would be a swap involving Sting for a cross promotional event. TNA would obviously benefit from a cross promotional event because it would give them huge publicity and WWE would finally land the wrestler they have coveted over the past decade. Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    I can't see a WWE/TNA cross promotional event happening anytime in the foreseeable future. Foreseeable being 10 years.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I already posted that this would be a great business venture for WWE...However, I don't think Sting is that coveted anymore. That may have been the case ever since the WCW buyout, and even a few years ago, but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    I already posted that this would be a great business venture for WWE...However, I don't think Sting is that coveted anymore. That may have been the case ever since the WCW buyout, and even a few years ago, but not now.
    Personally, I think Sting would produce Rock type ratings, possibly even higher. Sting's career stretches across so many generations of wrestling fans that if his signing with WWE was publicized enough, could attract people who havent watched professional wrestling in years.

Blog Entries
    And what would WWE do with Sting? Eh? Have him wrestle The Undertaker I hear you say? Well now, I don't think that such a great idea. I personally think that ship sailed a long time ago.

If this was to happen, it would likely be after a year+ negotiations. If negotiations started today and lasted say, a year and a half, then they could build towards Sting vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania 31 (where this TNA vs WWE thing would take place of course). Taker will be pushing 50 and Sting will be pushing 56.
    It's a stretch to think that Taker will still be able to go by then, but it's an even bigger stretch to think that Sting will still be going.

I see so many fans, even hardcore sting and TNA fans saying these days that Sting can't go any more, so do you think he'd still be able to go when/if a WWE vs TNA event is worked out? I don't think so.

It's a stretch to think that Sting vs Taker would be a good match if it happened this year, and every year that goes by, it looks like a less and less appealing match. so I don't think that 'hooking the big fish' of Sting is really that appealing to Vince any more. The only thing he'd gain would be the ability to use Sting for pushing merchandise, DVD's and such.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

If they make it happen, more power to them. I just don't see it being a possibility. The only way I see them getting Sting is for one match against Taker at mania, then a HOF induction later on. One match. Not on weekly tv, not wrestling on weekly tv, not even monthly at ppvs. Just one match and the buildup for it. And, at this point, it seems more unlikely than ever due to the ages of both sting and taker. As far as a WWE/TNA crossover event, I don't think it would happen even with Sting being used as part of the deal.
    "What was dat honey? Oh dat was da dragon screw leg whip!" -Dusty Rhodes on commentary during Rey Mysterio jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc '96

After years of shrugging it off, Cena's beginning to get annoyed by his haters.

Vince wouldn't do it. Sting isn't what he would need to be to get Vince to do it. If I was really trying to indulge this fantasy (and that's me saying that) I'd hang my hat on this...WWE has a network they want to start. What better way to get people talking than going totally left field in that direction?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Vince wouldn't do it. Sting isn't what he would need to be to get Vince to do it. If I was really trying to indulge this fantasy (and that's me saying that) I'd hang my hat on this...WWE has a network they want to start. What better way to get people talking than going totally left field in that direction?
    Sorry to disappoint you and everyone and even me but the WWE network seems to already to be a failure..... Esp if it a pay for channel not everyone willing to pay out 10 to 15 dollars a month.....

As for Sting and the WWE vs TNA possible...
    I think Sting could be one of a last kind.... I think he has lots to offer yet.... and could draw some major ratings, even some major dream matches.... I could picture HBK coming out of retirement to face Sting at Wrestlemania 30.... As for Undertaker vs Sting 3 times... 1 being Summer Slam 2014, 2 being Survivor Series 2014 and 3 being Wrestlemania 31.....
    As for the Sting I think he could the deal breaker of any TNA vs WWE kind of event.... It isn't likely right now as long as Vince McMahon holds power in the WWE.... Things have change alot since Vince took over the WWF/WWE in the early 1980s.... I remember many cross promotional events in the early 80s with NWA champion vs WWF or AWA or etc...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Blog Entries
    Why would Sting wait 25 years only to jump ship and embarrass himself? And don't say money cuz that's obviously not his main concern.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere View Post
    Why would Sting wait 25 years only to jump ship and embarrass himself? And don't say money cuz that's obviously not his main concern.
    How would he embarrass his-self showing up Undertaker once or twice??? Showing up some other WWE wrestler as well??? Sting can still go, and he one of the best talkers and minds in the business to this day...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???