Page 1 of 12 123 11 ... LastLast

John Cena vs Daniel Bryan WWE championship

Hey guys, basically my idea to setup what would be one of the top matches at the Summerslam PPV between John Cena and Daniel Bryan for the WWE title. With the now official match between Cena and Mark Henry, we have to take into account that there is atleast a chance that Mark Henry walks out of Philly the new WWE champion. I would there is atleast a 60-70% chance this happens. However, lets pretend that we already know that John Cena is walking out as the WWE champion. We have all heard the plans for Daniel Bryan being involved in the title picture and that it could happen around Summerslam time. Here is my idea: John Cena retains the title against Mark Henry at mitb. In the Raw mitb match, Bryan wins the briefcase and on Raw the next night announces that he is cashing on John Cena for a match at Summerslam. I say he announces his intentions because cashing in "cheap fashion" would certainly be the heel thing to do.

At this point, Bryan is best booked as a face but that 'could' change. However, this setups the much anticipated match between Bryan and Cena, which has been talked about allot as of late. I do not think Bryan goes heel, it would be a mistake and will probably end up cheered over John Cena anyway. This match deserves to be on a grand stage and there no better place to do it than Summerslam in the city of Angels. I would love to see other ideas and other fans views on the possibility of this match even taking place!

It would make sense for Cena to retain the title and DB to win the MITB. Then next night on Raw DB will challenge Cena to a match at Summerslam, cashing in his briefcase. He will do a promo how he says he doesnt want a sneaky win over Cena, he wants to beat the biggest man in the company 1 on 1, to prove once and for all he is not the weak link.

Something like that

The thing I don't get is that Henry has just cut a monster Promo and he is going to be in one PPV for the title and lose. Then DB is going to come in. I would rather Henry win the title and DB challenge Cena at SummerSlam because Cena is the top guy and he wants to prove he isn't the weakest link.

But Cena would need a rematch, The timings of everything is all over the place right now.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan McQueen View Post
    Bryan wins the briefcase and on Raw the next night announces that he is cashing on John Cena for a match at Summerslam. I say he announces his intentions because cashing in "cheap fashion" would certainly be the heel thing to do.
    He should cash in like always, there is no problem with that
    The crowd will 100% go completely crazy with it !

Blog Entries
    There is no way it will be as straight forward as just having Cena beat Henry and DB win a briefcase. No f'n way man.

That could work because it ties well into the whole "weak link" storyline. Bryan wants to prove to everybody that he's not the weak link by cashing in the briefcase fair on the second biggest stage in WWE. Makes sense so it probably won't happen. On the other hand, it's not really that creative so it's still possible.
    Forum section back on the front page? Sweet!

I would like to see Bryan win the Raw MITB and cash in on Henry who wins the title from Cena. This leads to a Bryan-Henry match at SS and frees Cena to have a match with The Shield. Cena, Taker and Kane v/s The Shield.
    IMO, the BoD with Cena v/s The Shield match would be bigger than the WWE Championship match.

Blog Entries
    Yeah and let us go a step over the edge a little a speculate...have the MITB match earlier on where DB wins the briefcase and of course Cena has to be in the main event no matter the gimmick of the PPV so it is a brutal match but Mark Henry wins and holds his hand high with the title...only to have DB come out, cash in and win the title...would thus make a rematch at Summer Slam a good bet

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

I just keep thinking that John Cena vs. Mark Henry will be a great match at Money In The Bank, where Henry will claim the victory. While before him D-Bry will win the Money In The Bank Ladder match (start of his long due push) only to cash in on Henry becoming the WWE Champion. Then going into Summerslam against whoever the WWE damn well pleases to win the match and have a decent meaningful run with the biggest gold in the company.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle1809 View Post
    I just keep thinking that John Cena vs. Mark Henry will be a great match at Money In The Bank.
    The match was like I expected. Boring ! There was abolutely nothing interesting in it.
    Respect the beard !