View Poll Results: Would you want to see Santino Marella win the World Heavyweight title?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 45.45%
  • No

12 54.55%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    For the record: I'm not necessarily on board with him actually winning it. I just think he could and should be credibly reestablished on Smackdown, and his old heel character would be a hell of an addition to the cast of characters they currently have occupying the world title scene.
    This is what I was aiming at too.
    I just think he needs a heel turn to re-establish him as a legit guy.

I'm not opposed to sticking him in the main event, providing that he does well again, but as far as winning a World title goes, I think I'd have to reserve judgment on that until I actually saw how he does in the main event scene.
    I mean I'll use Christian as an example; when he was a heel in WWE years back, he was great. His latest heel run however sucked balls.
    Santino's first heel run when he was IC champ was awesome, can he replicate that if given the chance again? Who knows. The way things are going, there's nothing to indicate that he'll ever get the chance to show us to be honest.

Would I like to see him as a WHC though? Providing that he's a heel and plays a heel as well as he did when he was IC champ, then yes, why not.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    Santino and his actual idiot gimmick : NO
    Santino with a real wrestler attitude, and hopefully heel : YES
    He's a good wrestler, he has real potential, but his actual gimmick is shit and boring.
    Exactly what I think. Ditch the cobra, beat Del Rio in a non title match we all expect to be a squash, win MitB and cash in later that night after Ziggler takes the strap back from Del Rio. Instant credibility, instant heel turn cemented with a promo on Raw. Alternatively cash in on Del Rio and stay face but with a new attitude and better finisher.

Divas to believe in.

Ah yes, everyone should be serious stiff heels. The perfect fix for all "stale" gimmicks.

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I was reading a thread I made yesterday, and I noticed guys like Tommy Thunder and IronApe saying Santino could be a great main-event heel. I agree with these two. Santino when he first came in was the most entertaining intercontinental champion in quite a long time. He was a great heel, with many hilarious moments ranging from his whole honk-a-meter thing (which should have last longer) to his little feud with Stone Cold Steve Austin. Santino Marella has proven he can be in the main-event to me, and make it believable as well. If one remembers the Smackdown Elimination Chamber from 2012, Santino had the whole crowd behind him. And for a second actually had many believe he a had a shot of winning the match. He took some punishment, and he didn't seem out of place at all in that match. Also at the end of the 2012 Royal Rumble when Santino came back into the ring and attempted to eliminate Del Rio the whole crowd went crazy. They where behind him. Know while I believe Santino could be a great face champion, I know he could be an amazing heel champion.

Imagine Santino going back to his cocky, aggorant heel. I would give him a roll up finisher, and put him in crazy matches where he has no chances of winning. Scramble matches, and Elimination Chamber matches. Where he keeps pulling off wins by the skin of his teeth. I actually believe people would pay to see him lose. He should also do a few comedy segments as champion. Maybe have him try to beat Triple H's first title reign as World Champion. You can even give him a manager like Paul Heyman, though I doubt he would need it.

For me I can see Santino pulling out an upset in maybe a Money in the Bank match, and win the World Title. After I would turn him heel by having him win all his matches cheaply. Roll-ups, and count-outs. I would have him do funny segments like he did when he first came in, and have him just be a complete asshole.

So what do you guys think of a Santino world title reign?
    Do people never get bored of seeing heels win cheaply? I know its the easiest way to gain heat but when you see it from 99% of the heels its rather boring. He is actually a good wrestler and does have potential and I would love to see him up there with the best but I don't think we will ever see it. There are too many ahead of him and WWE wont put him above these.

He will forever be around (Heel/Face) as a comedy act.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

Not a hope!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayoholic View Post
    Ah yes, everyone should be serious stiff heels. The perfect fix for all "stale" gimmicks.
    I don't mean to miss your point but in some cases yes, being a serious heel is the right thing to do. Look at Sheamus as a good example of the opposite, he was a vicious heel and became a popular face. Santino really needs either a new gimmick or heel turn to be taken seriously. From my point of view there's just as many heels who need a face turn.
    "Stale" was the perfect word for Santino at the moment hence all the calls for a change.

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayoholic View Post
    Is that really what people are asking for, though? I mean, his first heel run was neither stiff or particularly serious, and I'd be perfectly content to see a return to that form.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

I think he can pull it off. Kurt Angle used to be one of the funny guys on the roster and everyone takes him seriously now. I think with proper story-lines, and a careful character change could make Santino Marella seem like a big deal again. Make him start being more serious and give him a few surprise wins here and there.

With all that said.. Where IS Santino? I have not seen much from him all year long.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    I think he can pull it off. Kurt Angle used to be one of the funny guys on the roster and everyone takes him seriously now. I think with proper story-lines, and a careful character change could make Santino Marella seem like a big deal again. Make him start being more serious and give him a few surprise wins here and there.

With all that said.. Where IS Santino? I have not seen much from him all year long.
    I think he's been out with an injury. He's due back soon though from what I've read in online reports.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!