View Poll Results: Would you want to see Santino Marella win the World Heavyweight title?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 45.45%
  • No

12 54.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Santino Marella. World Heavyweight Champion?

I was reading a thread I made yesterday, and I noticed guys like Tommy Thunder and IronApe saying Santino could be a great main-event heel. I agree with these two. Santino when he first came in was the most entertaining intercontinental champion in quite a long time. He was a great heel, with many hilarious moments ranging from his whole honk-a-meter thing (which should have last longer) to his little feud with Stone Cold Steve Austin. Santino Marella has proven he can be in the main-event to me, and make it believable as well. If one remembers the Smackdown Elimination Chamber from 2012, Santino had the whole crowd behind him. And for a second actually had many believe he a had a shot of winning the match. He took some punishment, and he didn't seem out of place at all in that match. Also at the end of the 2012 Royal Rumble when Santino came back into the ring and attempted to eliminate Del Rio the whole crowd went crazy. They where behind him. Know while I believe Santino could be a great face champion, I know he could be an amazing heel champion.

Imagine Santino going back to his cocky, aggorant heel. I would give him a roll up finisher, and put him in crazy matches where he has no chances of winning. Scramble matches, and Elimination Chamber matches. Where he keeps pulling off wins by the skin of his teeth. I actually believe people would pay to see him lose. He should also do a few comedy segments as champion. Maybe have him try to beat Triple H's first title reign as World Champion. You can even give him a manager like Paul Heyman, though I doubt he would need it.

For me I can see Santino pulling out an upset in maybe a Money in the Bank match, and win the World Title. After I would turn him heel by having him win all his matches cheaply. Roll-ups, and count-outs. I would have him do funny segments like he did when he first came in, and have him just be a complete asshole.

So what do you guys think of a Santino world title reign?

I agree he was a great heel, but to say I'd like for him to win the world title as a heel may be a bit much. As far as being a face I don't want to see him at all
    2011 Prediction Contest: 4th, 2012 Prediction Contest: 11th, 2013 Prediction Contest: 4th

Black Ninja!
    Santino as a heel WHC appeals more to me than Dolph Ziggler as WHC.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries
    Santino vs Daniel Bryan. For the WHC/WWE title. Make it happen.

No...just no. Maybe I would change my mind after a solid heel run with some good booking to build him up as relevant but as he stands now, no way. Personally I thought him as US champ was laughable so World champ seems rather ridiculous to me at the moment.

For the record: I'm not necessarily on board with him actually winning it. I just think he could and should be credibly reestablished on Smackdown, and his old heel character would be a hell of an addition to the cast of characters they currently have occupying the world title scene.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    For the record: I'm not necessarily on board with him actually winning it. I just think he could and should be credibly reestablished on Smackdown, and his old heel character would be a hell of an addition to the cast of characters they currently have occupying the world title scene.
    I know you said he should have a main-event run. I just added on that I think he could be a good world champion

if they brought back the original Santino heel then yeah i could see a WHC run. He's the perfect coward heel and I say that in a good way.

Blog Entries
    Can he? Will it amuse me? Oh yeah.
    Will he or should he? Probably not.

Santino and his actual idiot gimmick : NO
    Santino with a real wrestler attitude, and hopefully heel : YES
    He's a good wrestler, he has real potential, but his actual gimmick is shit and boring.