View Poll Results: Is RVD vs. CM Punk at MitB appealing to you?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 25.81%
  • No

16 51.61%
  • It could be

7 22.58%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Its a dream match for me,its better to have this match while RVD still in his top shape,both Punk and RVD have history with Heyman is add to the bonus.

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    While I agree with your thought in that my initial thought was that RVD would be utilized in one of the MITb matches (due to his high flying spot monkey shizz). But, there's 2 issues with this:

1) It's been announced that EVD will debut at the ppv itself. The tradition is that the MITB match participants have to qualify for the ladder matches, but if RVD isn't debuting until the ppv itself then one could arguably rule him out of being in the matches, that is unless he's given a spot, which doesn't make much sense to me, given that everyone else will probably have to qualify. why shoULD RVD just be given a spot in the match?

2) Cm punk has started a feud with Brock Lesnar, but they're not expected to face until Summerslam. So the question is; what does Punk do at the MITB ppv?

Taking both points into consideration, it kind of does make sense to have Heyman use one of his other Heyman guys; RVD, to face Punk at MITB.

As for if it's a match I want to see or not, then yes, it's definitely got the potential to be a great and entertaining match.
    Miz came back from an absense in a mitb match so its not out of the question for RVD to do the same

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Rob Van Dam has always been one of my favorite wrestlers. So yea CM Punk Vs Rob Van Dam would be awesome. Also Daniel Bryan Vs Rob Van Dam, and hopefully another RVD Vs Christian feud.

So, all the people that are now hard over the RVD return...are these the same people bitching that RVD was X Division champ? All the people that said he's old and slow when in TNA?

What are the RVD expectations now?

I'm not looking after a Punk vs RVD match.
    For me RVD is not as good as he was (captain ovious^^)
    and he is too slow in the ring now, we saw him in TNA, especially in the X Division.
    He is not entertaining anymore for me.
    I would prefer to see superstars who are waiting in the locker room such as Tyson Kidd, Hunico, Curt Hawkins, or Ted Dibiase

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    So, all the people that are now hard over the RVD return...are these the same people bitching that RVD was X Division champ? All the people that said he's old and slow when in TNA?

What are the RVD expectations now?
    Why would the same people who said he was old and slow be getting excited over his return? There are a differing opinions here on this site. I get what you're getting at but that is a bit of a narrow minded comment. Not everyone is out to take a shot at TNA.

Blog Entries
    I think a lot of it has to come really from the Punk/Jeff Hardy feud. To me, that was the feud that really got eyes on Punk to start (pre 2011) and it's where he refined his style in the WWE as a heel. Also, the matches were fucking great, and showed how well Punk can work with someone who is more of a high-flyer and risk taker (also his work with Mysterio, but honestly I think at this point Mysterio could get a good match out of anyone) RVD follows a lot of the template of Jeff Hardy ring-wise, he just does it better.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Not right now if they put some build behind it then i think it could be a good match.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JLionsault View Post
    Why would the same people who said he was old and slow be getting excited over his return? There are a differing opinions here on this site. I get what you're getting at but that is a bit of a narrow minded comment. Not everyone is out to take a shot at TNA.
    I get exactly what you're saying. And I'm not really saying "everybody" but I'm sure there are some...if not many...who go out of their way to hate TNA. So 6 months ago, I'm sure those haters, who are now hype about a possible RVD vs CM Punk match, were the same ones saying "How is RVD still X Division Champ".

i think they should bring Rock back and do RVD vs Rock, that way i have a good 10 min to go make a sandwich and hit the head. not a fan of rock never have been, even LESS of a fan of RVD respect the hell out of his skill set but he bores me. His moves are too slow compared to the people he admittedly inspired, his promos are just plain bad, and one of his signature maneuvers is easily in the top two dumbest moves of all time (rolling thunder i think it's called). no RVD your a good guy never heard bad about him from the locker room. relax move to a legal state and keep fighting for legalization because you actually do that very well... please ( cause i do think he deserves respect)
    just because i didn't agree doesn't mean i didn't listen, it just means you were wrong. Now go away please.