View Poll Results: Is RVD vs. CM Punk at MitB appealing to you?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 25.81%
  • No

16 51.61%
  • It could be

7 22.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is this appealing to you?

I keep hearing people dropping the “RVD v. CM Punk” match over and over again. I am interested to know why people want to see this match so much. With Punk pushing now to be a face, the dynamic seems all wrong. Some are saying it’s because RVD is a “Heyman guy” but does that mean that a guy who is billed as One of a Kind would be defending the honor of Heyman against Punk (which in and of itself sounds like the act of a face).

I am asking this question because I want to know why this match would appeal to you or why you wouldn’t enjoy it. Personally, I think RVD would be better used in the MitB match before I start worrying about sticking him with Punk. Maybe 4-6 months down the line I can see an RVD v. Punk match being something special, but I’d rather the E continue building Lesnar vs. Punk and work something more to this RVD/CMP thing than just “RVD is a Heyman Guy; he should fight Punk!”

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    No, as much as I am underwhelmed by the thought of RVD in WWE, I think any clash he has with Punk needs it's own focus and not being simply used as a conduit match to Lesnar. Feed Axel to Punk at MiTB if anything. Or dredge up some other temporary Paul Heyman Guy for a novelty match. Have Heyman keeping a match between Brock and Punk from happening as long as possible in that Heyman still has a soft spot for Punk and he doesn't want Brock to break him.

Blog Entries
    While I agree with your thought in that my initial thought was that RVD would be utilized in one of the MITb matches (due to his high flying spot monkey shizz). But, there's 2 issues with this:

1) It's been announced that EVD will debut at the ppv itself. The tradition is that the MITB match participants have to qualify for the ladder matches, but if RVD isn't debuting until the ppv itself then one could arguably rule him out of being in the matches, that is unless he's given a spot, which doesn't make much sense to me, given that everyone else will probably have to qualify. why shoULD RVD just be given a spot in the match?

2) Cm punk has started a feud with Brock Lesnar, but they're not expected to face until Summerslam. So the question is; what does Punk do at the MITB ppv?

Taking both points into consideration, it kind of does make sense to have Heyman use one of his other Heyman guys; RVD, to face Punk at MITB.

As for if it's a match I want to see or not, then yes, it's definitely got the potential to be a great and entertaining match.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I want to see both CM Punk vs Brock and CM Punk vs RVD, but I'd like to see Punk vs RVD more. You'd have CM Punk in a match with RVD. Am I missing something here? How bout this? Punk loses to Brock, which sets up Brock vs Cena at Summerslam. Brock takes the belt off Cena. Punk works his way back to Brock and beats him, only to be cashed in on by RVD. They feud, and CM Punk ends up with the belt after an epic trilogy. Meanwhile, Daniel Bryan has won the Royal Rumble and we end up with Punk vs Bryan for the belt at WM 30. There you go, WWE creative. You're Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    While I agree with your thought in that my initial thought was that RVD would be utilized in one of the MITb matches (due to his high flying spot monkey shizz). But, there's 2 issues with this:

1) It's been announced that EVD will debut at the ppv itself. The tradition is that the MITB match participants have to qualify for the ladder matches, but if RVD isn't debuting until the ppv itself then one could arguably rule him out of being in the matches, that is unless he's given a spot, which doesn't make much sense to me, given that everyone else will probably have to qualify. why shoULD RVD just be given a spot in the match?

2) Cm punk has started a feud with Brock Lesnar, but they're not expected to face until Summerslam. So the question is; what does Punk do at the MITB ppv?

Taking both points into consideration, it kind of does make sense to have Heyman use one of his other Heyman guys; RVD, to face Punk at MITB.

As for if it's a match I want to see or not, then yes, it's definitely got the potential to be a great and entertaining match.
    You CANNOT bring back RVD and not use him in a MITB match. The WWE has some solid momentum going right now. It would be a shame for them to make such an oversight.

last year they didn't have to qualify for a MITB spot?
    they just announced who was in it, so i gues they will put RVD in the money in the bank match, since he is part time there is no way he can win but he will give us a show

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post

(1) When has RVD ever been "traditional"? It is very easy for RVD to be written into the match as one of his "perks" for signing back with the E. When VKM hears about it, more heat between Trips and VKM while RVD gets to do what RVD always does; walk in with the deck in his favor. *Rob's other perk is that he can't be subject to drug testing for the first 6th months*

(2) I don't see why having RVD AND Punk in the MitB match is out of the question Tommy. I also could easily see him going against Axel to further the Heyman/Punk saga and set up for his match with Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grave View Post
    last year they didn't have to qualify for a MITB spot?
    they just announced who was in it, so i gues they will put RVD in the money in the bank match, since he is part time there is no way he can win but he will give us a show
    Yes they did. Tyson Kidd for example beat Tensai for one spot in the match.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    (1) When has RVD ever been "traditional"? It is very easy for RVD to be written into the match as one of his "perks" for signing back with the E. When VKM hears about it, more heat between Trips and VKM while RVD gets to do what RVD always does; walk in with the deck in his favor. *Rob's other perk is that he can't be subject to drug testing for the first 6th months*

(2) I don't see why having RVD AND Punk in the MitB match is out of the question Tommy. I also could easily see him going against Axel to further the Heyman/Punk saga and set up for his match with Brock.
    1)When did I ever say that it was out of the question for both to be in the MITB match?

2) I think Punk vs Axel is another option. That would be an option to further the Punk vs Heyman storyline.

Not all of them require qualifying. In 2011, Rey, Del Rio, and Truth, were inserted when Punk was reinstated. I don't think anyone had to qualify then. So I suspect they may wave it when they need too.

2012, had all former WWE Champions in one.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter