Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    The Great Khali.
    I simply don't get why he's still employed. He's taking up money that would be better utilized elsewhere or on another talent. He offers nothing in the ring, and doesn't have any value at all. I mean even someone winning against him isn't an achievement any more.

He is still employed because he is marketable to the 1.2 billion people that live in India. Having a character, no matter how ridiculous, marketed to 17.3% of the earth's total population over rules the lack of interest in his character by the common wrestling fan. I don't like it either, Tommy, however I do understand why he is employed.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    He is still employed because he is marketable to the 1.2 billion people that live in India. Having a character, no matter how ridiculous, marketed to 17.3% of the earth's total population over rules the lack of interest in his character by the common wrestling fan. I don't like it either, Tommy, however I do understand why he is employed.
    They should have him tag team with Jinder Mahal. That way he can come out to the ring but be in the ring as little as possible.

Haha! I'm not oblivious to that DRG! I understand that part of why he's still employed. I'm questioning why he's still utilized as a competitor lol!

He tried retiring from competing a couple of years back and wanted to stay on in an ambassadorial role, but WWE insisted on carrying using him as an in ring competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay_Allison View Post
    They should have him tag team with Jinder Mahal. That way he can come out to the ring but be in the ring as little as possible.
    They tried doing that already, and they failed miserably, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Clay_Allison View Post

I'd much rather have Daivari back and have Khali destroy Swoggle and Santino. Only I'd keep Natty with them as to give her some edge to her character like she had with the Dynasty. Khali in the mid-card / Tag division makes sense as he can be given a mouth piece and just be used to help up and comers have a bit more to work with.

Haha! I'm not oblivious to that DRG! I understand that part of why he's still employed. I'm questioning why he's still utilized as a competitor lol!

He tried retiring from competing a couple of years back and wanted to stay on in an ambassadorial role, but WWE insisted on carrying using him as an in ring competitor.

It's because if he isn't seen on WWE programming in the wrestling role, how else are they going to use him on WWE programming? He can't be anywhere near a mic so no commentary, interview segments, or GM role. We could bring the Punjabi Playboy's Kissing Cam back I guess. Regardless, to make him marketable to that region, he has to be on WWE in some form or fashion; not just as an ambassador for every time they tour that area. Sure, it makes people like us unhappy to have to watch him on RAW, but that kid in India who doesn’t see anyone of his nationality on WWE marks hard when he bumbles down to the ring at a leisurely pace.

DRG hates everyone

Uuuuuh a thread where you are encouraged to hate. I dig it.

These days there are no doubt about my number one. Sheamus! With his fella and his, now I'm just a cocky bastard"! Oh no now I'm a fiery angry redhead and his Oh! I make fun of everyone and always come up on top.

Number 2 these days are The Miz. If that guy says "Really" one more time. My Tv will be thrown out the window...Or well maybe I will just shake my fist at it.

Number 3. Cena! even though he has grown on me he is still pretty god damn annoying...Well the reasons you'll find at my reasons to hate Sheamus.

Number 4. DB. Hold on hold on, put down your pitchforks. I like him in the ring, I see that he is great...But his promos man...His god damn promos...Look at me all I do is yell!

They tried doing that already, and they failed miserably, remember?
    I forgot about that, but what a waste of Natalya making her be his zookeeper, walking around behind him with a push broom for when he takes a dump on the floor.

It's because if he isn't seen on WWE programming in the wrestling role, how else are they going to use him on WWE programming? He can't be anywhere near a mic so no commentary, interview segments, or GM role. We could bring the Punjabi Playboy's Kissing Cam back I guess. Regardless, to make him marketable to that region, he has to be on WWE in some form or fashion; not just as an ambassador for every time they tour that area. Sure, it makes people like us unhappy to have to watch him on RAW, but that kid in India who doesn’t see anyone of his nationality on WWE marks hard when he bumbles down to the ring at a leisurely pace.
    There's several ways for him to be on tv in a capacity that doesn't require him to be in pointless singles matches. Your tag team idea for example is one.

Or here's an even better idea; scout and sign a new Indian talent to replace him.

There's several ways for him to be on tv in a capacity that doesn't require him to be in pointless singles matches. Your tag team idea for example is one.

Or here's an even better idea; scout and sign a new Indian talent to replace him.

Can you name one that is worthy of a WWE contract?

At least with Khali, he has ties to the India Film Market which helps his case. Name another Indian Pro Wrestler with the same ties that is worth more money and worthy of putting on WWE TV

DRG hates everyone

Can you name one that is worthy of a WWE contract?

At least with Khali, he has ties to the India Film Market which helps his case. Name another Indian Pro Wrestler with the same ties that is worth more money and worthy of putting on WWE TV
    The Great Khali isn't going to be around forever, at some point he's not physically going to be able to go in the ring, I mean he's struggling right now.
    It's a case of WWE sending scouts out to India, picking out a couple of guys they think can make it in WWE, sending them through developmental, and then when the time comes (and it will come sooner rather than later) Khali can't wrestle any more, then they'll have a replacement.

There isn't another Indian wrestler who has the extra credentials of Khali, the acting and so on. But when Khali isn't around any more, what are they supposed to do?

As for names, I don't have any. But from what I recall, there were a few decent looking Indian talent son show during TNA's Ring Ka King project. One of those would suffice, surely.