Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    That was, no joke, the best acting I've seen shown in recent memory in a wrestling ring, or in any medium.
    ^ that is not top 20 material? You said it yourself my man

it was a great moment.
    like most i suspected at 1st but when he was responding the crowds chants and even joking about mae young with one fan it was felt very legit. remember mark henry never normally shows any emotion on the mic when he talks so this was completly different from the WSS
    it wasnt as epic as the pipe bomb or some others but it was still a really good segment in its own right

Blog Entries
    I respectfully disagree that the pipe bomb was as impressive as this. Dozens of guys could have delivered an anti-establishment promo and take a few cheap shots to WWE. To do what Henry did, to trick even those who doubted him, for us to witness a monster cry, there is possibly no one on the roster that could've evoked such an emotion and such a feeling of shock than what Henry did. "you think it's that easy?? I got a lot left in the tank!!!!" Quote of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere View Post
    ^ that is not top 20 material? You said it yourself my man
    Haha. I suppose I did. I picture the Top 20 moments (for me at least) as big returns (Y2J, multiple Rock returns), big moves (Edge spear to Hardy while dangling in a TLC, Taker tossing Mick off the HIAC), magic emotional moments in matches (HBK retiring Flair, Taker retiring HBK), and other epic moments (Stone Cold has like 7, certain cash-ins, etc.)

I just assumed that I don't care enough about Mark Henry to put him in a Top 20 Moment. If I had to make an actual list (haha), it might be in there.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Mark Henry is a great actor that performance should be nominated for a grammy haha

I was also crying, but I am very relieved that he didn't retire! I think I had the same reaction as yours. BUT THATSWHATIDO!

I'm watching Raw right now, seriously Striker is interviewing Heyman, and even though I'd had the Henry segment spoiled for me slightly (posts on Reddit saying Henry deserved an Oscar) I was suckered in. Like others have said it was the jokes with the crowd about his jacket and Mae Young. I spent the whole segment waiting, just waiting for the swerve and even though I knew it was coming I bought it, I bought every word, every movement right up to the WSS! Then I actually applauded!

When I started watching WWE again (2009) I really didn't rate Henry but his WHC run in 2011/12 and more recent work has really won me over. Last night's promo was Henry's 'pipe bomb' and I hope he gets a run with the WWE title too.

Divas to believe in.

Blog Entries
    Kind of reminded me of that time when Cena acted like he was "headed home" for awhile no so long ago...talking about his family and sister that he never sees...the birthdays he has missed...of course we hoped it was so most of us but knew deep down it was bull...oh yeah Henry sold it better than Cena could ever dream and it was like we knew it was coming but did think it was possible...WOW WWE WOW...yeah I do have to give some credit to Cena for helping to sell the "Aww shucks give the man a hand!"

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

I think I'm the only one on earth who saw what Mark Henry was cooking !
    Hey guys, it was Cena in the ring !
    It's always the same things with Cena, acting like an idiot and like a guy who has a 3 weeks memory.
    And with all the rumors after mania that said Cena vs Henry feud.
    This was obvious ! I did not buy anything Henry said

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    First of all, I did think it was a work.
    But that doesn't take anything away from how awesome Henry's promo was. Legit tears, voice cracking up, that was very convincing.

I really hope that this leads to Henry capturing the one title that he hasn't won in his career.
    I don't recall Henry holding the IC, US or tag titles?

Also, this is already a thread. Prepare to be merged. Better get the vaseline