Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    The way I see it is, he is the next John Cena. Kids and fat women love him. He's a limited move power wrestler. He has corny catchphrases and average signature moves. You can all stop looking because he is the next face of the WWE. Sad to say, but it's true - at least while VKM still draws breath.

Well you've changed your tune!
    A few months back you said that you'd be surprised to see him still employed in 2 years time!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post

Well you've changed your tune!
    A few months back you said that you'd be surprised to see him still employed in 2 years time!
    No I didn't. I didn't say the same thing about AJ Lee either.

Truthfully, I don't see anything else on the horizon that Vince would be willing to maintain a push on. I think Ryback is it for the time being.

Blog Entries
    No I didn't. I didn't say the same thing about AJ Lee either.

Truthfully, I don't see anything else on the horizon that Vince would be willing to maintain a push on. I think Ryback is it for the time being.

I'd say Ryback's definitely the most likely candidate right now. However, Cena still has about 5 years left at the top. by then, Ryback will be 35 or thereabouts, giving him 5 years as 'the man'. I think WWE ned to build towards someone who will provide more long term cover as their main man. I'd say that Roman Reigns is the most likely man in that respect. You need to look at the guys WWE have that are in their 20's if you want to find their next John Cena. At least that's my take anyway.

Blog Entries
    I seriously have no idea why everyone is saying Roman Reigns. The guy has showed absolutely nothing in the way of big star potential, he's really riding on the coattails of the other two. Now I am not saying that there is nothing to him but he's shown very little to contribute to this point of view of many fans and I think that this circle of fans are suggesting a lot that isn't there or seeing what they want to see. He might be a "big guy" () but his performances thus far have been nothing more breakout than anything Drew McIntyre or Jack Swagger have ever offered. Talk about creating an expectation that will be nigh on impossible to live up to.

Blog Entries
    I seriously have no idea why everyone is saying Roman Reigns. The guy has showed absolutely nothing in the way of big star potential, he's really riding on the coattails of the other two. Now I am not saying that there is nothing to him but he's shown very little to contribute to this point of view of many fans and I think that this circle of fans are suggesting a lot that isn't there or seeing what they want to see. He might be a "big guy" () but his performances thus far have been nothing more breakout than anything Drew McIntyre or Jack Swagger have ever offered. Talk about creating an expectation that will be nigh on impossible to live up to.
    I agree, but given that he's 27 (or 28, can't remember), and given that Ryback hadn't showed anything to show that he would be the next John Cena either until this year (even though he'd been on the main roster for a while before then), then it's feasible to make the assumption that he's a future face of the WWE. He has time to improve. He's been on the main roster less than a year, so there's still time.

I'd rather then invest in someone that actually has talent too, but it's not likely to happen is it? John Cena showed nothing when he initially started out, as did Ryback, but Cena is one of the most charismatic guys in the business now, and Ryback is very over. I'll judge Reigns once he's gone solo.
    But I agree that he's not shown anything thus far to suggest that he can live up the the hype that so many, including JR have built up for him.

38833163.jpg

That ^

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

I think WWE needs Face-Ryback more than they realized when turning him heel in the first place. Sure, there is a tease of a Ziggles face turn, but the fact is there are far too many sitting on the fence of "where do they stand". Mix that with how top heavy the heels are in WWE right now and you are looking at a very weak face division. Ryback was able to offset that a bit, and people took to D-Bry and Kane to fill more of that void. Now with D-Bry in his current state, they have a great face in the making but too many are sitting on the edge waiting for a turn from one of these guys. Add Orton in the mix (who I still view as a tweener, but with so many heels they have to place him in the face category). WWE needs a few more faces in the mix to balance their universe, which is why I didn't understand the Ryback turn in the first place; where they just trying to keep the Shield away from Cena for a bit and ran out of ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

The way I see it is, he is the next John Cena. Kids and fat women love him. He's a limited move power wrestler. He has corny catchphrases and average signature moves. You can all stop looking because he is the next face of the WWE. Sad to say, but it's true - at least while VKM still draws breath.
    John Cena does power moves, and he's a freakishly strong dude, but he's never been presented as a true powerhouse (mainly due to his shorter stature).

Ryback is not the next John Cena. As much as Vince loves his big monsters, those guys are never #1 in WWE. Vince doesn't push the big guys to be the main attraction. The powerhouse brute is the ultimate enhancement talent, the dragon for the "little guys" like John Cena to slay and look like the big hero.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
    John Cena does power moves, and he's a freakishly strong dude, but he's never been presented as a true powerhouse (mainly due to his shorter stature).

Ryback is not the next John Cena. As much as Vince loves his big monsters, those guys are never #1 in WWE. Vince doesn't push the big guys to be the main attraction. The powerhouse brute is the ultimate enhancement talent, the dragon for the "little guys" like John Cena to slay and look like the big hero.
    Yeah I suppose you're right. Vince never pushed Hogan, Warrior, Nash, Vader, Yokozuna or anyone like that for the big belts.

Everyone has the wrong Reigns in mind.