Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Credit where credit is due (Payback Spoiler)

I thought the WWE did a great job with planting the seeds of a double turn between Del Rio and Ziggler. First time in a while I was shocked during a match. Well Done E!
    To Be The Man....

Blog Entries
    The only thing I can give them credit for is making a gd abortion out of Dolph. They might as well have stripped his title last month. I honestly wonder what could be going thru Ziggler's head right now. He better win that shit back tmrw night.

Quote Originally Posted by stinger13 View Post
    I thought the WWE did a great job with planting the seeds of a double turn between Del Rio and Ziggler. First time in a while I was shocked during a match. Well Done E!
    Unlike the previous poster and maybe in the minority of Ziggler marks, I liked it. If this isn't a double turn then I don't know what is. The whole announce team was talking about Ziggler's guts and talking about how they respected him. Ziggler kept fighting through out the whole thing. There is also the fact that Alberto kicked the Diva's title, a little touch in there as well. I can see the E turning Ziggler's entire stable since Kaitlyn seemed to be going heelish as well. And Alberto did it for the people, he did it for the Rock.

I get that it is annoying to see Ziggler lose, but I feel after so long as a heel, a face turn might do wonders for him. His style of wrestling is better suited to being a face either way. Now it's just important to see if the E is actually able to execute and keep this going.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio: DOUBLE TURN?

Is it just me -- or did we just pay witness to a DOUBLE TURN with Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler at WWE Payback 2013? Ziggler came across extremely sympathetic during the relentless beatdown by Del Rio. He didn't try to run away from Del Rio or even try to call for help. He took his beating and just kept on fighting, displaying some toughness. Two strong babyface qualities.

On the other hand, Del Rio came across in a dark light in this match. He seemed to revel in the jeers and the suffering of Dolph Ziggler. There was a point where Ziggler was literally trying to pull himself up by the leg of Del Rio and he looked down at him and smiled. He looked evil as hell, and it was kind of awesome. The cherry on top was his promo afterwards. You can interpret as him acting like a politican or wolf in sheeps clothing, someone who is pretending to care about the fans but is really all about himself, or you can see it in a more darker light. Although he may genuinely care about the fans, he is unaware of how violent and vicious he is and how sour he makes the fans. Hard to describe, but I like it.

If they do decide to go through with this double turn, it'd be a pretty sweet thing to see. Now, I'm not saying it IS one, but I can easily see it being one.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Wrestling_Deluxe_08; 06-17-2013 at 04:54 AM.

This is where I post recent videos. This week's video:"
    WWE's Top 20 Future MUST-SEE Blockbuster Matches!"

Probably, I'm just confused as hell as to why they didn't just strip Ziggler, if they were planning on him losing it straight away anyway.

Edit: just realised this gives him two WHC reigns without one successful defense, putting him in the same league as Christian.
    Last edited by Mr. Ziggles; 06-17-2013 at 05:29 AM.

Good psychology if indeed it was a double turn.

Black Ninja!
    Zigglet cant defend a title ever.:. Lol i love it

They won't go through with the turns. Ziggler will sook and whine on raw.

I'm a big Ziggler mark and I loved it, kinda.
    The whole match was uncomfortable to watch but it built a double turn beautifully. What will bexome of AJ and Big E if Ziggler's a face? Will he get the strap back anytime soon? What will become of the second most over man in wwe (Ricardo)?
    I'm not pleased that Ziggler lost but I'm hyped for what happens next.

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by stinger13 View Post
    I did not saw this coming ! Ziggler lost his title ! I would never have bet on this !
    This ppv was good overall
    The IC match was great, with, for me, a brillant end.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere View Post
    The only thing I can give them credit for is making a gd abortion out of Dolph. They might as well have stripped his title last month. I honestly wonder what could be going thru Ziggler's head right now. He better win that shit back tmrw night.
    If they'd stripped the title off him, then they wouldn't have been able to do what they did last night and plant the seeds for a Ziggler face turn and ADR heel turn.

That's the only logical reason I can think of that they decided not to strip Ziggler of the title a month back. One can only assume that this double turn tease was their plan all along, and they were adamant about going through with it.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!