Exclamation New details on the Jimmy Snuka & Nancy Argentino death story! Must read!

Forgive me if I posted this in the wrong thread as I believe Ewrestlingnews may not report this

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_71180.shtml#.Uba4rfmTiSq

This week, new information has surfaced on the case, which is still considered an open case.The Morning Call publication in Pennsylvania unearthed documents from a Philadelphia federal archives warehouse, which includes the coroner's autopsy on Nancy. In the document, forensic pathologist Isidore Mihalakis suggested the case be "investigated as a homicide until proven otherwise."

The case never went to trial, though. Snuka was close to being prosecuted, but the prosecutor felt there was not enough evidence to put together a case for trial. A contributor was that Snuka changed his story about the events that happened on the night of May 10/11, 1983, which is supported by a transcript of Snuka's interview with police.

"I think what happened here is they were just unable to put the case together," says then-Assistant District Attorney Robert Steinberg. "Dr. Mihalakis couldn't give us the forensics to put the case together."

Snuka eventually presented a simplified story of what happened: Nancy hit her head near/around a truck-stop on the way to a WWF TV taping in Allentown, Pa. on May 10, 1983, Nancy went back to the hotel room, Snuka went to the TV tapings, Snuka had a few drinks with Don Muraco and Mr. Fuji after the tapings, and Snuka returned to the hotel room, where Snuka claims he found Nancy having a hard time breathing and foaming at the mouth. Nancy was then pronounced dead at 1:50 a.m. on May 11, 1983.

But, the story is not that simple, according to the newly-discovered autopsy report. In the autopsy report, Dr. Mihalakis noted that cause of death was "consistent with a moving head striking a stationary object, but it is not consistent with a single simple fall." The report continues, "In view of the multitudeness (of) other scalp, facial, and bodily bruises and abrasions." Also, Deputy Coroner Wayne Snyder told police at the morgue that Nancy's body had "several black and blue marks."

Dr. Mihalakis added that upon examination of Nancy's person, he found "no evidence of dirt or tears of the fabric" or "gravel or other similar dirt particles" consistent with a fall near a truck-stop.

The findings support an alternative theory that Nancy was struck or there was an altercation that led to her becoming unconsciousness. This is supported by Dr. Mihalakis's autopsy opinion that "the multiplicity and magnitude of the injuries may even be suggestive of 'mate' abuse."

However, Mihalakis told Morning Call in present-day that he "did not have a clear-cut case" at the time.

"The clear-cut forensics weren't there, but the suspicion was there," said Dr. Mihalakis. "I did not have a clear-cut case. It was a very worrisome case. Obviously, there was enough there to arouse my suspicion, but not enough to take it to trial. Just because she was beaten doesn't mean she was beaten to death."

This brings the story back a few months to January 1983 when Snuka allegedly struck and "beat up" Nancy in a hotel room, establishing a history of alleged abuse. When police arrived on the scene, they reported being met by "almost superhuman resistance from Snuka" before he was subdued. An officer on the scene reported seeing Snuka "grab Nancy by the hair when she ran out of the room and drag her face against the drywall." The police reported that Nancy's injuries included "a bruised right thumb, a contusion to the neck, possible fractured ribs, and injury to the lower back."

However, Nancy later told police that Snuka "never struck her or intentionally harmed her." Snuka was charged with assault and resisting arrest, but a plea deal was struck in exchange for Snuka pleading guilty to a lesser charge of harassment in April 1983. This was shortly before Nancy's death in May 1983.

The timeline of events following May 10/11, 1983 took numerous twists and turns that led to Snuka never going to trial and the case officially "going cold" on June 1, 1983 after Snuka and Vince McMahon met with local police.

After the police investigation was shut down, a civil suit was filed by Nancy's family. In 1985, the Argentino Family won a $500,000 wrongful death judgment against Snuka. However, Snuka claimed to be broke and he never paid. Click on the link below for the timeline that captures how everything changed in May 1983.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/W...l#.Uba4rfmTiSq
    ==============================================
    I have always thought something was extremely fishy about Jimmy Snuka homicide murder because his story does not add up. Since he was considered a celebrity back then, it is easy to see why he could make up something so easily and get away with it. Most of all I feel bad for Snuka daughter because I am sure she will defend daddy even though Jimmy changed his story a few times about Nancy.

I really hope more people open their eyes about this case because I believe Argentino family deserve the truth and justice.

What is you're thoughts on this new updated news/details about the murder/homicide of Nancy Argentino? Are you still a Jimmy Snuka fan? etc

thank you for taking the time to read this thread and may Nancy Argentino family/relatives get the truth and closure soon.

Blog Entries
    Interesting, but I fail to see how this is "new" evidence. It is common knowledge that Snuka murdered Nancy and has so far got away with it. People bash one Chris Benoit for supposedly killing his family, but praise Jimmy Snuka even tho he did kill Nancy. Quite the double standard so often seen under the management of one Vince McMahon.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Snuka was a drug fuelled maniac back in the day. It wouldn't surprise me one little bit.

Another case that is interesting to say the least. While I agree with Dr. D that this isn't a "new development" in the case outside of it being a new interview stating autopsy facts that have been stated before, I do think that it isn't past the common knowledge of most people that Snuka had a direct hand in the death of Nancy than what the court system has judged thus far. At this point, I don't think anything will ever come of this which makes me sad for Nancy's family. As you said, they were seeking closure and the idea of know the man that killed your daughter is still free would be more than infuriating to me. Sure, I might think that Snuka was able to get away with murder, but I know only of what I read, not what truly happened that night. As Rob said, Snuka was one of those "old school" guys to which drugs were not foreign to them... And we all know that Steroids are a helluva drug.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Don't forget the massive cocaine and alcohol abuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Don't forget the massive cocaine and alcohol abuse!

No way; the wrestlers in the 1980's would NEVER use, let alone abuse cocaine and alcohol! That was left to the Greasers, not the Social Elites like Jimmy Snuka.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone