Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

WM XXX Gimmick Battle Royal?

For those of you who don't know, during Wrestlemania X-7, the WWF/E featured a battle royal that had WWF/E wrestlers/managers from the past all come together in one big match. A few notable names include, Jim Cornette, The Iron Sheik and Doink The Clown. If you want to get an idea on what this match was all about, just watch the following video below.

Now, I was thinking that since WM XXX is coming up soon, why doesn't the WWE do it again? I mean, I know the match itself wasn't all that great but wouldn't it be nice for the WWE to give their past talent one more chance to bask in the spotlight on the 30th anniversary of Wrestlemania? It doesn't even have to be featured on the main card. It can just be a dark match or something. So if you're all up for this idea, who would you like to see in that battle royal? How many competitors would there be?

I'm against past talents matches. OK to have 2 or 3 maximum in the RR match, no problem with that. They had their time, now let's have the young hungry talents have theirs. The locker room is full guys who are waiting for just a TV match, or even non TV, especially at Mania, so THEY are the ones who should be in a match at Mania and not retired guys. Of course this is just my opinion, but if I was Vince, I would never do this, I would always use the locker room 1st

I would love it , BUT PSOJedi is right..there's too many young hungry Starving! Talent to pput on tv right now. A Wrestlemania battle royal is sumthin they deserve to be in. All year long wrestlemania is the dream destination.

With that said

I want to see Iron Sheik on wwe tv again as a manager

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.27,2011-March.6,2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    I'm against past talents matches. OK to have 2 or 3 maximum in the RR match, no problem with that. They had their time, now let's have the young hungry talents have theirs. The locker room is full guys who are waiting for just a TV match, or even non TV, especially at Mania, so THEY are the ones who should be in a match at Mania and not retired guys. Of course this is just my opinion, but if I was Vince, I would never do this, I would always use the locker room 1st
    You gotta realize that some young talent just isn't ready to be on wrestlemania. For some old pros, its like riding a bike. So i would in joy like an attitude era battle royale.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunkie View Post
    You gotta realize that some young talent just isn't ready to be on wrestlemania. For some old pros, its like riding a bike. So i would in joy like an attitude era battle royale.
    You don't have to be ready for anything to be in a battle royal match. It's just like the Royal Rumble match.

Black Ninja!
    No thanks use the fifteen minutes in a better way. That's the sort of thing that makes people rage about how disappointed they are at having paid to watch mania.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries
    Why not have a "Legends" tourney with specific past stars who can still go in the ring a little and crown a first ever "WWE Legends Champion" complete with title belt and it can be defended once or twice a year and only on a big PPV...I could see Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels or a number of contracted "legends" going for this....

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Would be better than some of the "PPV" matches we get these days.

Blog Entries
    Love the idea; I'm always game to see the legends back on TV.
    I'd love to see a pinfall/ submission only battle royal featuring WWE/ WCW/ NWA champions of the past...
    LONG LIVE ROCK 'N' ROLL!

It depends on which ones they involve. I think the idea of a legends tournament would be cool. Have the final match at WM for a legends belt like scribbler suggested.