1 1.61%
  • Ryback

1 1.61%
  • Randy Orton

0 0%
  • Daniel Bryan

22 35.48%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I like how people are over looking The Rock. The guy increased ratings, which is what the aim of the business is! They say one man isn't bigger than WWE, but without The Rock (and Lesnar even) the Rumble, mania and the Chamber wouldn't have sold like it did. For anyone to Pick Bryan, Ambrose or reigns is unfathomable. Yes, all three have had solid runs so far, but "in form" does not = ratings nor does it make you the best - this rings true in any sport.
    Besides Cena, The rock is the only other choice here.

This is fact; this year's Royal Rumble garnered 512,000 buys, up 69,000 from last year's 443,000 buys the previous year, This is the highest buyrate the Royal Rumble has scored since 2008, where the event was bought by roughly 533,000 people worldwide.

Elimination chamber
    The event garnered 213,000 pay-per-view buys, up from 178,000 buys the previous year's event received.

Raw ratings jumped when the rock appeared, and now he's gone, the ratings are slowly dropping again - this is not a coincidence unfortunately.

WrestleMania XXIX garnered 1,048,000 ppv buys, 205,000 buys fewer than the previous year's event.[11][12] The event set a new record for the highest grossing live event in WWE history, grossing $67 million.

Who was hyped as making his big return last year? The Rock.
    WrestleMania XXVIII garnered 1,217,000 buys,[49] making it the most purchased wrestling event in history, surpassingWrestleMania 23's buyrate of approximately 1.2 million, with global gross sales in excess of $67 million.[50] The event also set a new record for the highest grossing live event in WWE history, grossing $8.9 million.

The Rock and Cena are leaps and bounds above everybody listed (when i first saw this thread I quickly voted ambrose, unfortunately I can't change my Vote).

Before I get hated for what i've posted, I'm not saying the Rock is solely responsible for the ratings, but he's undoubtedly the reason they increased. Wrestling fans are nostalgic people. The Rock's run wasn't anything special, but people WANTED to watch him, he won the WWE title and held it for 3 months. He was in three out of the first 4 ppv main events of 2013.
    Here's an unofficial vote for the Rock.

**PS can anyone change my vote

As reference, I know they are wikipedia sources, but everything quoted on there is WWE given - I've checked.
    Last edited by Lowki; 06-02-2013 at 09:46 AM.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Of the people listed, it has to be Cena. I think Daniel Bryan is great, but come on people, they lost the tag team titles. If the Shield was listed as a trio as opposed to individuals, I would've voted for them. Brock's the man, but anyone taking an L at WM is NOT the MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    I like how people are over looking The Rock. The guy increased ratings, which is what the aim of the business is! They say one man isn't bigger than WWE, but without The Rock (and Lesnar even) the Rumble, mania and the Chamber wouldn't have sold like it did. For anyone to Pick Bryan, Ambrose or reigns is unfathomable. Yes, all three have had solid runs so far, but "in form" does not = ratings nor does it make you the best - this rings true in any sport.
    Besides Cena, The rock is the only other choice here.

This is fact; this year's Royal Rumble garnered 512,000 buys, up 69,000 from last year's 443,000 buys the previous year, This is the highest buyrate the Royal Rumble has scored since 2008, where the event was bought by roughly 533,000 people worldwide.

Elimination chamber
    The event garnered 213,000 pay-per-view buys, up from 178,000 buys the previous year's event received.

Raw ratings jumped when the rock appeared, and now he's gone, the ratings are slowly dropping again - this is not a coincidence unfortunately.

WrestleMania XXIX garnered 1,048,000 ppv buys, 205,000 buys fewer than the previous year's event.[11][12] The event set a new record for the highest grossing live event in WWE history, grossing $67 million.

Who was hyped as making his big return last year? The Rock.
    WrestleMania XXVIII garnered 1,217,000 buys,[49] making it the most purchased wrestling event in history, surpassingWrestleMania 23's buyrate of approximately 1.2 million, with global gross sales in excess of $67 million.[50] The event also set a new record for the highest grossing live event in WWE history, grossing $8.9 million.

The Rock and Cena are leaps and bounds above everybody listed (when i first saw this thread I quickly voted ambrose, unfortunately I can't change my Vote).

Before I get hated for what i've posted, I'm not saying the Rock is solely responsible for the ratings, but he's undoubtedly the reason they increased. Wrestling fans are nostalgic people. The Rock's run wasn't anything special, but people WANTED to watch him, he won the WWE title and held it for 3 months. He was in three out of the first 4 ppv main events of 2013.
    Here's an unofficial vote for the Rock.

This is perhaps the gayest post i have ever seen on the internet in my life. As a wrestling fan i don't think 99% of us really give a shit how much money someone brings. And of course Rock is going to draw big time, hes like the biggest star in Hollywood, you don't need to tell us.

Pick Ambrose in ring and promo work is excellent and the Shield as a whole is just excellent!

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    This is perhaps the gayest post i have ever seen on the internet in my life. As a wrestling fan i don't think 99% of us really give a shit how much money someone brings. And of course Rock is going to draw big time, hes like the biggest star in Hollywood, you don't need to tell us.
    He just gave a valid opinion on why he chose the Rock. MVP can be looked at in different ways and the Rock has done a whole lot recently. Just because he is a Hollywood star didn't mean it helped the ratings, WWE has brought in actors plenty of times and no of them have helped the ratings that much as the Rock.

I chose ADR. On top of a nice world title run, he really has gotten over as a babyface, had some good matches, been putting over younger talent and has been pretty successful.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

It's obviously the Rock, I don't get how you can say otherwise. I'd love to say its Ziggler or Bryan, but it's not. MVP means most valuable to the company and that's either going to be the Rock or John Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    He just gave a valid opinion on why he chose the Rock. MVP can be looked at in different ways and the Rock has done a whole lot recently. Just because he is a Hollywood star didn't mean it helped the ratings, WWE has brought in actors plenty of times and no of them have helped the ratings that much as the Rock.

I chose ADR. On top of a nice world title run, he really has gotten over as a babyface, had some good matches, been putting over younger talent and has been pretty successful.
    Were they ever going to have a match? My opinion is that his opinion sucks.

Great response. I like how you actually debated what I said. Where in my response was I showing any signs of "gayness" - It surely wasn't a happy or homosexual tendancies in the post, just facts.
    I like how you critically discussed how another superstar has had a better 2013 than The Rock. Oh wait, you didn't. Matter of a fact is 3/4 PPVs were headlined by The Rock and only one was a loss. He won the WWE title AND defended it in TWO PPV main events, one being wrestlemania. It's not JUST about money, it's about ratings and what someone has accomplished. You clearly didn't read everything I posted, you just puffed your chest out, stuck a foil helmet on and turned into a keyboard warrior. Sit down, formulate a response, then reply before you make yourself look like an idiot, again.

Were they ever going to have a match? My opinion is that his opinion sucks.
    The Rock isn't just an actor, he is arguably the biggest name to come out of the attitude era. You may not care about "money", but I would say most 18-30 year old fans LOVE seeing old names back in the ring. He didn't just draw as an actor, he drew as a legend. Only an Austin final match would draw a crowd like The Rock has. Provide some facts about why the Rock shouldn't get it - without resorting to name calling this time. My opinion has a basis, yours is just childish.
    Last edited by Lowki; 06-02-2013 at 11:45 AM.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Roman Reigns, he really shines in the ring, and has an amazing presence outside of it. There's still just something about him that screams "WWE Champion". And, of course, he hasn't been pinned or submitted

Fresh Member
    The shield. No one has shaken up the wrestling world and created more buzz in 2013 then Ambrose Rollins & Reigns. They are the future of the company and they show why each and every week. BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!