Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nWo and Sting

nWo and Sting

Err... I mean the Aces & 8's and AJ Styles...

Can we all please stop the whole crap about so and so is copying so and so? Wrestling ideas are re-created and re-packaged all the time! The latest example being AJ Styles as the loner (late 90s Sting) and the Aces & 8's (nWo).

Or AJ's belly (Matt Hardy's belly)...

Who's complaining? If they're going to copy something, at least make sure to copy the good ideas. I just wish Aces and Eights copied the good aspects of the nWo.

I like the Aces and Eights and hope it carries on for some time, but I wish they wouldn't make every single show completely centered around them, it seems that the only matches that don't concern them are the X-Division and Knockout matches.

Even when WWE is focusing around Cena, there is other stuff actually going on, break it up a bit TNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassling_Fan View Post
    Who's complaining? If they're going to copy something, at least make sure to copy the good ideas. I just wish Aces and Eights copied the good aspects of the nWo.
    At least they haven't added half the roster to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    At least they haven't added half the roster to it.
    lol! That's a great point. I dont watch TNA all the time, rarely if ever, but I was curious... is Taz the broadcast member of Aces & 8's? I thought his shtick was a bit forced last night while listening to him.

Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl View Post
    lol! That's a great point. I dont watch TNA all the time, rarely if ever, but I was curious... is Taz the broadcast member of Aces & 8's? I thought his shtick was a bit forced last night while listening to him.

Yes, and he is awful, I'm all for heel and face commentators but he just feels so forced, I can help but laugh every time he opens his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ziggles View Post
    Yes, and he is awful, I'm all for heel and face commentators but he just feels so forced, I can help but laugh every time he opens his mouth.
    I agree. Taz is terrible. He would've made a decent mouthpiece and manager role...but as an announcer? Terrible. He's so annoying and the commentary sounds very unprofessional when he argues and talks over people. I like heel announcers, but when they go the direction of where Taz is now, or where Michael Cole was 2 years ago, it ruins the show.

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    I agree. Taz is terrible. He would've made a decent mouthpiece and manager role...but as an announcer? Terrible. He's so annoying and the commentary sounds very unprofessional when he argues and talks over people. I like heel announcers, but when they go the direction of where Taz is now, or where Michael Cole was 2 years ago, it ruins the show.
    Yes. Heenan, Jesse Ventura, Mr. Perfect, Heel Jerry Lawler and especially JBL are/were the masters of the heel color commentary. Taz just comes across as soooo forced and annoying. He could learn a lot about "letting the game come to you", not force feeding his slant into everything.

I think I might be the only one that gets a laugh from Taz bullying Tenay and Todd. I can't recall which episode it was, but I remember him throwing assumptions that Todd got his job because he's secretly fooling around with Tenay.. Then he said something like "Don't touch me! You're too close. Touch Tenay, he likes that, trust me, I've sat next to him for longer than you have, but it's nice to see that you guys are comfortable with putting your stuff out in the open" something along those lines... I was like WTF?!?! Lmao. Then they had a far shot from the camera and you could see them laughing, which explained the random quietness.. Then Tenay was like "WHY DON'T YOU DO YOUR JOB!"
    Haha, I don't know, Taz makes me crack up every time. Funniest thing is, how the IWC hates him, yet he basically sounds like all of them.

He always makes pretty accurate points...
    "HOW DID ABYSS GET THE PIN?!?! He just gets out here and suddenly becomes a tag partner and ref at the same time?!?"

Last night...
    "What's Samoa Joe the new gm?!?! Since when does he get to make matches?!?! GM Samoa Joe?!?!"

Or.. My favorite quote about Hogan...
    "Shut up Tenay, you know that if you're Hogan's friend around here, you'll always get your way. Trust me, we've seen it happen. The guy's make careers out of it, and if he doesn't like you anymore, you won't be heard of ever again"

lmao so true.

Blog Entries
    He's rough around the edges, but Taz has his moments. Any ideas for a viable replacement?