View Poll Results: Should True Wrestling Fans Lower Their Standards To Be Considered True Fans?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

5 25.00%
  • No.

11 55.00%
  • Hard for me to say.

4 20.00%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    I didn't use the word "hate" once. Nor did I mention that you complain anymore than anyone else. It's not a matter of the stories being rehashed from the past. It's a case of you getting older and responding differently to various storylines. Like i've said you have seen them as you grew up and had the perspective of a child whilst viewing them previously. Now as an adult, you see similar things and they may or may not be less appealing. You also have a little more common sense and things that happen don't take you by surprise the way they would have when you were younger. From your experiences in the past as a viewer you have a better knowledge of what is happening and what possible twists and turns can be taken... By being a fan for so long and simply by gaining more life experience you lose your innocence and things don't have as much impact on you. Hence why you find yourself watching and enjoyig the shows less and less.

Fair enough. You've made some good points.

This is where I post recent videos. This week's video:"
    WWE's Top 20 Future MUST-SEE Blockbuster Matches!"

Lets me honest. Most of IWC standards are way to high, even the AE was not as good as there standards.

The only thing that the attitude era, and even previous eras, had that the current era doesn't is the chance for the heels to really be offensive. This era where even the bad guys can't really be bad is a problem that makes heel heat really hard to legitimately earn from the audience.

Shouldn't have to lower your standards to be a fan it just means you expect more out of your favourite company.

Being a wrestling fan is more like cheering for a sports team rather than watching a TV show. You continue to support them even when they suck. You complain about them for sucking and want them to get better but even when they are better you are still going to complain about the things they do badly.

I think the big difference is that in sports your personnel are forced to be better than others to succeed. In wrestling, assuming you have enough talented wrestlers, everything is right there for you to succeed.

Then it comes down to the stories you create, which to me they have done a poor job of lately. The Attitude Era even in its prime had disgusting and unnecessary moments but the show was just so fun to watch. You really expected something big to happen every episode.

I say this all the time. When people bring up the Attitude Era, they fail to bring up the fact that there was a second wrestling company. A full blown legit one and wrestling was the most popular show on television every week. The combined ratings for Nitro and Raw during the AE was upwards of about 8 or 9 points, which equates to close to 17 million weekly viewers. Not 3 million like it is today.

I don't think it's so much lowering your standards. It's accepting the change and dealing with it. Relate it to a tv show. I was hooked on Walking Dead. Then it started to get a little stale as the 2nd season winded down. I found myself not watching many of season 3's episodes but more importantly, I didn't care that I missed them. I eventually caught up with it and will continue to watch, though I feel it was so much better in season one and the first half of season two. The same goes with the show Lost. the first 2 or 3 seasons were fantastic. Then it got really bad. But I watched it until the end, just based on principle.

I don't think you're lowering your standards. You either want to watch the new direction the show goes, or you bail on it. Sometimes its just habit, other times, you just learn to like the new product. I personally am watching out of habit. With DVR, I think I watch a total of 30 minutes of Raw a week.

Your always gonna dislike something that happens in every wrestling era or just weekly show, some weeks its better than others and people dont complain about it as much

The obvious big problem with todays wwe is that its pg so it limits them on what there aloud to do

In my opinion the problem with tna is that when ever i watch it i cringe because it just looks so cheap so i think it effects the standards to me even if im watching something that has quality

Someone else has wrote that most things have already been done, so that takes away the big surprise of storyline or something else
    Hawow welcome to city wok take ur order pwease

shitt spent time smoking weed am nervous

pass the ball to pagey hes on his game tonight

To still have high expectations after all these years, ugh! Let's face it, WWE has changed a lot since that time. Company name, lack of competition, targeting kids, among other things. I'm just critical of how good it can be with what they have.I don't expect to get entertained like I once was back in the day. I keep my expectations low though most of the time mainly because I don't want to get to emotionally invested where I get angry about some show on TV. I'm emotionally invested, just not as much as I once was. Isn't just WWE either, TNA as well. Some things I like, other things I don't.I hate their use of Ryback(heel) should have stayed face vs Cena, glad Ziggler is world champion, and I could go on.

Fresh Member
    Oh god not another AE vs PGE, please can we stop talking about this? It wasn't as good as we thought it was. FACT. We know it was better in some areas than today product. FACT. We know wrestling is an aging empire that will never be what it once was. FACT. Maybe if we all stopped comparing this era, to every other era, we would all be less angry wrestling fans. Case in point, Daniel Bryan is just as over now as stone cold or the rock were back in the day, except many of you will disagree with me because at that time Austin and Rock were mega stars and transcended wrestling when they were ontop. DB does that every night, he's not a superstar, or an entertainer. He's a wrestler, he doesn't care if we say his name here, or in the real world. He does this because he loves it, thats why we should watch it, not because its popular, but because we love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous Fool View Post
    Oh god not another AE vs PGE, please can we stop talking about this? It wasn't as good as we thought it was. FACT. We know it was better in some areas than today product. FACT. We know wrestling is an aging empire that will never be what it once was. FACT. Maybe if we all stopped comparing this era, to every other era, we would all be less angry wrestling fans. Case in point, Daniel Bryan is just as over now as stone cold or the rock were back in the day, except many of you will disagree with me because at that time Austin and Rock were mega stars and transcended wrestling when they were ontop. DB does that every night, he's not a superstar, or an entertainer. He's a wrestler, he doesn't care if we say his name here, or in the real world. He does this because he loves it, thats why we should watch it, not because its popular, but because we love it.
    I agree that the comparing eras is a tired concept. Gotta disagree in a major way about DB being as over as Rock or Austin. I think you're way off on that one.