Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new stable

new stable

A quick question, with the increased amount of former ROH stars, like Punk, Bryan, Cesaro, Ohno, Rollins & El Generico, should WWE create another invasion angle featuring these superstars?

Blog Entries
    No. More. Heel. Stables.

That's all I gotta say on that one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    No. More. Heel. Stables.

That's all I gotta say on that one.
    Yea, that's pretty much my thought on it as well. Even a face stable might be too much at this point.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    I think WWE has gone as close as they are ever going to go in acknowledging ROH. Such a thing would require an explanation about their history and that's hardly a WWE thing to do

Okay, based on these three fast comments, it looks pretty clear then. I was discussing this with a friend.

I was thinking the same way as you guys, but he kept nagging about how it should be done. So thanks for helping me rubbing it in his face.

yay yet another nwo ripoff stable idea...

Quote Originally Posted by #BITW View Post
    yay yet another nwo ripoff stable idea...
    read the post before yours.

yeah, I think there are enough stables at this time
    with The Shield going strong and The Wyatt family getting ready to debut in the coming weeks
    anymore would just water down the idea, let these two small stables run their course first, then maybe look at something a little bit larger
    Diamond Dallas Page: The TRUE Peoples Champion

CM Punk: YOU HAVE A VAGINA, YOU HAVE A VAGINA!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jelle1809 View Post
    Okay, based on these three fast comments, it looks pretty clear then. I was discussing this with a friend.

I was thinking the same way as you guys, but he kept nagging about how it should be done. So thanks for helping me rubbing it in his face.

It's not so much that it "couldn't be done" as we all know that anything can be done in the wrestling realm (after all, Taker has been buried alive and is still performing at WrestleMania's every year). It's more along the lines of "should this be done". I don't think a ROH faction should be done because WWE wouldn't give them the credit and recognition for it to be effective; look at what they did with the talent of a company better known than ROH and think if they will use the "accolades" of an Indy company better than the accomplishments of individuals who were more widely known than what ROH is. An effective FACE stable might be something interesting because I can't think of the last time it has happened organically and not as a means to put down the evil they oppose. If there was one to come about, I would much rather have it be of some underutilized superstars showing the "band of brothers" mentality.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like the Usos with a Tyson Kidd/Justin Gabriel being led by another "upper mid-carder" being used as the leader (We'll say a Kofi or R-Truth here). Rather than have them attacking in a pack mentality, have them be more like fellow teammate; encouraging and pushing their counterparts to become better and better. When one of their fellow members is being attacked post match, they are there to stop the beat down because of their unity. When one wins a title, they all share in the victory. The point of this would be as simple as getting these guys beyond the point where they sit currently and into a main spotlight (the Uso's with the Tag Belts, Kidd/Gabriel with the IC title, and Kofi/Truth with the WHC). Basically this alliance would be used for each man to push the other to excel past what was thought possible for them as you see with stories like Remember the Titans or Miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I think WWE has gone as close as they are ever going to go in acknowledging ROH. Such a thing would require an explanation about their history and that's hardly a WWE thing to do
    WWE.com has posted articles containing pictures of Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk in ROH, and in the recent "What if ECW didn't shut down" article, they admitted that without ECW shutting down, ROH wouldn't have started.

They don't mind saying ROH by name, it just seems that they have troubles saying the ROH names of competitors