Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Actually, I tend to just look for Dennis.
    Nice shot at that Dennis idiot!

Oh wait.
    #BeJelly

Mic-wise yes... in the ring, I've never been that impressed. He's a very good worker, but he's no HBK, Daniel Bryan, Benoit, Dynamite, etc.

I don't think CM punk will be remembered as much as guys like Sammartino, Buddy Rogers even yes Hulk Hogan and ric flair.

CM Punk only thrives because the WWE has done such a piss poor job of creating new top guys. 10 years ago he would have been a midcarder.

Punk will be remembered for 2 things in his career - The Worked Shoot and the longest title reign in what many disgruntled fans will call one of the poorer era's in wrestling (even though it's really not). What's funny to me is that for all those who HATE John Cena and love CM Punk, just remember that when punk goes down in the history books he's name will be attached to John Cena because without him, Punk wouldn't have risen as high as he has thus far. At least Big Show, Kane, and Mark Henry have factions, tag teams, and some major pushes to help accelerate their memories in the minds of the WWE fans; Punk has John Cena to tie himself to and that's about all (MAYBE the Taker angle leading to Mania but that was more about Paul Bearer's death than what fans will remember CM Punk for).

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    If CM Punk retired today/tomorrow/yesterday I don't think he is worthy of a WWE HOF slot.
    I know there are some less than stellar guys showing up in the HOF but my point is he's only had 3 WHC reigns and 2 WWE and most of those were instantly forgettable. He's not Edge or Eddie, who pretty much are only in the HOF already due to their tragic career ends, he's just hypothetically walking away.

Don't get me wrong CM Punk is most of the way to a deserved HOF place but if he retired now I think he'd fall short. Compared to Kane, Jericho, Undertaker, HHH, or Cena he doesn't have the pedigree in WWE and as it's their HOF he needs to stick around longer or have his career end tragically (God forbid) to get in.
    Have to agree. As much as a fan I am of his- he has to stick around a little longer to offered a slot. If he walked away tonight. he'd probably get in years and years from now- like 5- 10 yrs down the line and would deserve it then. Sad thing is if Cena walked away or had to end his career tomorrow- he'd go in next year even though he's not as great a wrestler as Punk- Cena is WWE's golden boy and he'd get the star treatment

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Retired as in never wrestle again? Or become a part timer? I think he would still be a hall of famer if he continued to be around about half the time.