Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will Sting do it?

I do not mean will Sting win the TNA title. I also do not mean will Sting break a hip in the ring. What I mean is will Sting put Bully Ray over and in the process permanently removing himself from the TNA title picture until, how Bully puts it, the day he dies? I do not know for certain.

One half of me see this as an automatic Sting win or some cluster-fuck of a result that technically makes Sting the winner but let's Bully keep the strap. However, the other of half of me has some faith that Sting will not only put over Bully, but put over TNA as a whole. By removing all possibilities of himself being in the title picture he would be sending himself to midcard purgatory for the rest of his TNA career. With this comes a Sting that will have no choice but to be in feuds with midcard and upper guys eventually putting them over.

What are your thoughts? I can't say for certain. However, if Sting does take the loss it would show the depth of his character, his loyalty to TNA, and his desire to build future stars.

What is the wording of the stipulation?

Don't win the title, nevr get a shot again.
    or
    Don't win the match never get title shot again.

If it's the latter it WILL end in DQ.

I honestly do not know. But I severely hope he does. It would simply kill everything they have worked so long and hard to build with Aces and Eights, which would just be severely counterproductive to undo and cancel out one's own work. On one hand, it's hard to fathom Sting never getting a title shot again, but on the other, Maybe, just maybe, he really doesn't want any more shots. Who knows, maybe somehow a situation where Sting is needed could come up and they allow a loophole, but IDK. This kinda thing requires A LOT of continuity and follow up, which in turn would be majorly interesting and captivating. Say Sting loses. Then what? Who now? Enter Morgan and/or AJ.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

I think there will be a clusterfuck at the end of the match.

Sting will not put Bully over.

Here's a crazy, extravagant idea, that granted, would take some tying of loose ends, which I will get to after this, but...Digest this...In a way no one saw coming, what if Sting just laid down and took the pin because he's a higher power within ? Therefore "Ray will go onto remain champion FOREVER!" which is why he would no longer need a shot again, in kayfabe terms. Think about it for a second, at first, it just seems too much...but there would be an obvious reason he was high on Hogan trusting Ray...To set up what they needed to happen. Then that brings us to his determination to face him, to get the stage they need to really make Hogan look foolish. Also, there's gotta be someone else who isn't known yet. Fulll drawn out explanation or not, of months of planning, Raymond just couldn't have done it all himself, he's just not that kind of evil genius. Sting, on the other hand, has proven able to see things others couldn't (Immortal coming with Hogan.) Seems outlandish, but could work. I also, as many others, think Brooke's in on it too, as Hogan clearly could not be convinced by one of them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ziggles View Post
    What is the wording of the stipulation?

Don't win the title, nevr get a shot again.
    or
    Don't win the match never get title shot again.

If it's the latter it WILL end in DQ.
    Bully Ray: "When I beat you (Sting) in Boston, you never, ever wrestle for the World Heavyweight Championship again!"

Go to 3:20

That is a lot to digest! Regardless, I have to agree on the principle. If Sting loses I think it needs to come with another major development in the storyline. Sting being the higher power would be pretty unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    Here's a crazy, extravagant idea, that granted, would take some tying of loose ends, which I will get to after this, but...Digest this...In a way no one saw coming, what if Sting just laid down and took the pin because he's a higher power within ? Therefore "Ray will go onto remain champion FOREVER!" which is why he would no longer need a shot again, in kayfabe terms. Think about it for a second, at first, it just seems too much...but there would be an obvious reason he was high on Hogan trusting Ray...To set up what they needed to happen. Then that brings us to his determination to face him, to get the stage they need to really make Hogan look foolish. Also, there's gotta be someone else who isn't known yet. Fulll drawn out explanation or not, of months of planning, Raymond just couldn't have done it all himself, he's just not that kind of evil genius. Sting, on the other hand, has proven able to see things others couldn't (Immortal coming with Hogan.) Seems outlandish, but could work. I also, as many others, think Brooke's in on it too, as Hogan clearly could not be convinced by one of them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    That is a lot to digest! Regardless, I have to agree on the principle. If Sting loses I think it needs to come with another major development in the storyline. Sting being the higher power would be pretty unexpected.
    Yea, It's about that time again for something else huge to happen, Slamiversary being one of their biggest ones, I think it's the perfect stage for it. It all just seems to coincidental almost to not make sense. Why else would Sting and Brooke have been so adamant about Ray getting the shot? We saw what happened when Raymond himself got on Hogan's good side and tried to convince, I think those two are no different. I think the "Still love", is also some kind of hint that Raymond and Brooke( I just have a problem calling a man Bully like it's his name,lol.) are not as done as we thought.

I love Sting but I really don't want him to take the strap off Bully Ray, I think that would kill Aces and Eights right there. I am expecting a false finish of some sort, maybe a run in from a returning Hardy or AJ getting involved somewhere although a good old A&8s jump Sting collectively then the locker room empties then Hogan limps out to shout "brother" enough times for me to want to reach into my telly and pull his moustache off... sorry got lost there. A clean win for Bully would really make an (TNA) impact (wrestling) but as others have said I doubt Sting will put Bully over.

Divas to believe in.

I think Sting knows he doesn't need to have anymore title shot, they do nothing for him anymore, and his legacy has already been made.
    He always says he likes the brand, so to help the brand, he needs to lose.
    Setting up a young talent to be pushed like Magnus or Morgan, Aries and others, is what needs to be done, and that is what he should do.