Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hogan's job is to come out at the beginning of the night and get the crowd stoked for the show, a job he does perfectly, getting rid of that would be stupid on their part

Quote Originally Posted by body slam View Post
    Mid card jobber? Really? I've been a Lil'Stinger since his days in days in Mid-South. He has lost a step more likely 3 or 4, but he's a icon for a reason. I'll be admit the he's no longer main event material in the ring, but his name still have great value. Before I would put him at the mid card level I'd put him at the co-main event level puttig over the established stars like Storm, Roode, Joe, Magnus, ect...
    Again it wouldnt be a mid card jobber, He would just be playing the Chris Jericho role, he would only lose matches that make sense tolose.
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Not saying I enjoy Hogan or Sting on my TV but I highly doubt taking them off will bump ratings, or any metric, significantly.

Hogan is on too much...I agree. But starting the show off with him like they did this past week, and many other weeks, isn't always a bad thing. The Aces & Eights storyline is driven by the group taking him down. Sting in the title match at Slammiversary isn't the worst thing either. There's no real other contenders right now, as they need to keep building the AJ storyline as well as keeping the title on Bully for the time being. He can't lose it yet or else Aces & Eights dies and they shouldn't kill a great angle like that, at least not right now.

Brooke is annoying though. I could do without her. And if Hulk only popped up once at the beginning of each "Live" broadcast, I'd be okay with that too. I'd like Sting to stay around though.

This was the issue with WCW back in the day as well they stuck with certain aged talent to long and never properly invested in younger up and coming talent and well WCW went under i can start to see it happening with TNA.

Isn't this the ol' "I really don't like Hogan, so I think he gets much airtime" rutine?
    Last TNA he was on screen in the beginning and that was pretty much it. Personally I don't think they are "ON" to much.

And another thing, maybe the problem isn't that they use the same stories as in WCW maybe it's you guys havn't taken enough breaks and been in to wrestling too long. I never watched WCW. So I like whats going on. If you watch any other soap which have been running for 20 years plus you are bound to see stuff happen again or something very similar. There are only so many ways you can make people feud in a square circle.

Quote Originally Posted by JoenK View Post
    Isn't this the ol' "I really don't like Hogan, so I think he gets much airtime" rutine?
    Last TNA he was on screen in the beginning and that was pretty much it. Personally I don't think they are "ON" to much.

And another thing, maybe the problem isn't that they use the same stories as in WCW maybe it's you guys havn't taken enough breaks and been in to wrestling too long. I never watched WCW. So I like whats going on. If you watch any other soap which have been running for 20 years plus you are bound to see stuff happen again or something very similar. There are only so many ways you can make people feud in a square circle.
    Don't get my wrong I enjoy the storylines right now. I don't mind Hogan that much I just feel that it gets boring watching him too much. I also feel like it gives TNA haters something to bitch and moan about. Overall he is good for the company I just don't need to hear his music and his voice Every single episode.
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Hogan and Hulk-a-mania are the draw that people frenzy over...gets the crowd pumped and is a good start...repeat start to the show! He needs to stay outta the way...his in-ring skills have sagged like his chest! Welcome the crowd...set-up the night's line-up and leave. Quit "threatening" to get back in the ring...not happening unless in he steps up, makes tag and comes in for a finish(no bumps). Sting is an ICON, with a great ring entrances that also frenzies the crowd, but he needs to be in feuds, grudge type matches...an equalizer/enforcer. He doesn't need to be in title contention!! Both should put over young stars like HHH is with Axel (eventual I assume). TNA has a talented roster of young and experienced wrestlers...they should focus on the X-Division, Gut Check winners and guys like Crimson, AJ Styles, Roode, Aries, Matt Morgan, Joe, Bad Influence, Magnus and Storm. Do things WWE isn't...emphasis on Tag Team, X-Division, new talent and use the old guys to put over young talent and main stays to hold interest and revolve titles and feuds around.!! I love TNA...always hated Hogan and loved Sting...but neither can/could wrestle...they just frenzy!!!

Personally, I just wish they would have never brought in Brooke Hogan. Except her 'marraige' to Bully Ray, she has brought zero to the table. Karen Jarrett did a much better job imo as being over the Knockouts division and the addition of the Jarrett/Angle angle added to it. Karen had personality- Brooke is just there. As for Hulk, as long as he never wrestles again I am cool with it. Sring- use him as a Jericho type- to put others over- I am cool with that. Big difference though, Jericho still has it(and should be rewarded with not having every single fued end up with him putting everyone over)

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

I've had this problem with Hogan since he arrived and Sting since 09 when he didn't leave after losing to AJ. That was just the perfect exit for him. Don't see how you are ok with Brooke. Brooke is the worst of the bunch if you ask me. Sting is in the main event because he is a draw. This is the first year TNA is on the road. Would more fans come to see TNA with Bully Ray vs James Storm on the poster for the world title or vs Sting? Obvious answer which is why I havn't been as against sting being in there because I understand it. Wish theyd just bring back KOTM match would bring far more intrigue. Way more than just a stupid Sting vs world champion every year at the same ppv.