Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My problem with TNA

Okay so I've finally accepted the major problem with TNA is The hogans and sting. I've always tried to say that they don't ruin the show and people over react. However now I realize I can't stand to hear hogans music or his promos. He takes up way to much air time. Brooke I don't have much of a problem with but I feel she drives away a lot of fans. Sting I like I just can't bear to have him in Main events.

Impact provides a class show every week in my opinion. The wrestling the promos the storylines all work well and I think it's close to the perfect show. But hogans little promos make me want to turn off. Basically what would you REALISTICALLY do to TNA and the Hogans and Sting to make it better. They won't be firing people that is clear.

Personally I think a mid card role where he puts over up and coming talents would fit Sting well. Also Hogan just being a fair GM who takes up way less air time would be nice. You can hear more about this in my video below

I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Blog Entries
    I can't argue with your point that Hogan and Sting are becoming unwatchable, but I don't think that the general paying public agrees. I think if you took Hogan and Sting and made a show with just those two, it would yield higher ratings than TNA ratings without Hogan and Sting on the show. It's hard to see your former heroes in such a reduced physical state.

best role for hogan i believe would be official couch sitter in his own very nice house, sting is a dilemma for em because i think he can still go, but putting him in as a mid card jobber essentially is a dishonor to his legacy, make him the GM let him keep his mystique, but keep him out of the title hunt, use his matches as a rare thing realizing he need to go over in the end , but he IS good enough to win the match and STILL give the other guy a boost in the process.
    just because i didn't agree doesn't mean i didn't listen, it just means you were wrong. Now go away please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere View Post
    I can't argue with your point that Hogan and Sting are becoming unwatchable, but I don't think that the general paying public agrees. I think if you took Hogan and Sting and made a show with just those two, it would yield higher ratings than TNA ratings without Hogan and Sting on the show. It's hard to see your former heroes in such a reduced physical state.
    Obviously keeping them there is important, But if you busy them with promotional work and give them backstage skits and not use them as such massive parts of the show I think it's best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Stihltygre View Post
    best role for hogan i believe would be official couch sitter in his own very nice house, sting is a dilemma for em because i think he can still go, but putting him in as a mid card jobber essentially is a dishonor to his legacy, make him the GM let him keep his mystique, but keep him out of the title hunt, use his matches as a rare thing realizing he need to go over in the end , but he IS good enough to win the match and STILL give the other guy a boost in the process.
    I wouldn't say a jobber.....Basically a Chris Jericho role.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lewism173 View Post
    Obviously keeping them there is important, But if you busy them with promotional work and give them backstage skits and not use them as such massive parts of the show I think it's best of both worlds.
    Personally, that would be ideal for me but those ticket payers wanna see the Hulkster, brother. Sting should definitely start putting people over more. Maybe team him up with a young star and put over stars in the tag division?

They could try Hogan on Commentary? But he'll probably turn that into something about him to.

I know I'm in the minority but I think Hogan and Sting are not that bad, Sting is going to lose and never get a world title shot again. As for Hogan I like the fact that the GM plays a major role, rather than just popping out and making matches then disappearing into the night.

Couldn't agree more m8 but do you seriously think sting will be mid card ? Tbh I can't think of a time sting got pinned clean .. If hogan left and sting retired were do you see the company heading ?? Jarret ?? Carter ??

Mid card jobber? Really? I've been a Lil'Stinger since his days in days in Mid-South. He has lost a step more likely 3 or 4, but he's a icon for a reason. I'll be admit the he's no longer main event material in the ring, but his name still have great value. Before I would put him at the mid card level I'd put him at the co-main event level puttig over the established stars like Storm, Roode, Joe, Magnus, ect...

I hate that every Impact starts with Hogan. I have such amazing memories of Hogan from my childhood. He was larger then life and now I feel like they are all tarnished and at this point it's just sad. There has to be a believability factor for me and when hogan or sting is in the ring or taking out Aces and 8s all alone I say to myself come on, give me a break. It's literally insulting. Tna has a lot of talent and I agree that too much time is spent on the hogans and stings. I'll still take them over Cena anyday though.