Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand split ?

Quote Originally Posted by ItswrestlingIwantblood View Post
    I love the brand split. Made both shows seem more important and gave more opportunities to everyone on the roster. The belts seemed to matter more as well as there was a main champion of both shows. Would go back in a heartbeat if up to me.
    Sums up my thoughts exactly.
    I also miss the draft. The very fact they shuffled the roster every 12 months helped keep things fresh.

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by lewism173 View Post
    The discussion is strong in this one.
    But he wrote Nah and then exactly 7 . to reach the 10 character minimum!!

I always loved the brand split and hope that someday they will go back to it!

I'd love to see the brand split back for two reasons;

1, the draft was my favourite moment of the year in WWE.
    2, makes it more exciting having two shows with seperate stars, titles and storylines.

Blog Entries
    Well, the draft and the brand exclusivity is what made it work most. Unfortunately, when it became apparent to WWE that Smackdown and later ECW were never going to sustain the ratings numbers of Raw, they shit canned the idea. The resurrection of ECW probably deflated SD a lot quicker than it normally would have gone down, if at all. Then Raw numbers started falling and they decided they needed to throw all their shiniest jewels in the one basket in order to recover but it just made those jewels more tarnished.

Let me bring back the brand split WWE! I'll write it correctly!

The Brand Split and Draft died when Cena got drafted to Smackdown, then back to Raw on the same night. Plus, with Raw being a 3 hour Supershow, it doesn't make sense anymore. They need the Smackdown talent to be on Raw to fill the 3 hours.

well one thing I will say... the brand split sure did let guys shine. At least on Smackdown. King Booker, JBL, MVP, Morrison, etc were FAR better utilized on Smackdown than they ever were on RAW. MVP essentially carried that brand for a year and it was really entertaining. I actually think the nail in the coffin was trying to make Randy Orton the face of a brand. He can not carry a show on his own. Depleting the Smackdown roster besides Orton was a bad idea.

I think with all the new talent debuting a brand split is possible. If I remember correctly the reason the brand split ended was because of the thin talent roster the WWE had at the time. I also think it would be a great way to produce some new main event talent which the WWE lacks at the moment. I would definitely welcome it back!
    BTW great sig Robstar!

All for it. It permits more talent to be feutured whether a tag team, diva, etc. Brings storylines and rivarlies seperately to Smackdown, NO RAW REBOUND, titles are given more meaning, the draft, and if they would be willing, seperate PPVs. Really gives that Brand Warfare deal. Plus it makes 2-Branded PPVs even better.
    "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."-Matthew 28:6

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl View Post
    well one thing I will say... the brand split sure did let guys shine. At least on Smackdown. King Booker, JBL, MVP, Morrison, etc were FAR better utilized on Smackdown than they ever were on RAW. MVP essentially carried that brand for a year and it was really entertaining. I actually think the nail in the coffin was trying to make Randy Orton the face of a brand. He can not carry a show on his own. Depleting the Smackdown roster besides Orton was a bad idea.
    Without Smackdown during the brand split, there would be no JBL as we know him. He would be just another also ran whos best days were in the APA. Smackdown used to provide another (almost) level platform that gave guys like JBL and MVP a chance to shine - now it's just a supplementary show featuring reheated leftovers and occasional new treats but it's in no danger of breaking new ground and I'm just amazed that WWE cannot see how wrong their approach to this is.

to completely derail the topic for one post, Robstar, I would like to say I'm glad to see someone else enjoyed Layla's and AJ's fine wrestling performance
    Diamond Dallas Page: The TRUE Peoples Champion

CM Punk: YOU HAVE A VAGINA, YOU HAVE A VAGINA!!!!!!!