Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand split ?

Brand split ?

I'm talking pre-2008 brand split where Smackdown! had their own PPVs and Raw had their own PPVs and there was very rare interpromotional matches. Honestly I think this would be great for feuds as it would give more time to develop feuds between guys because there would be no two week intervals between PPVs. Plus their would be more time on certain PPVs to get lower card guys on the PPV.

I liked the brand split better than how it is right now. You watched RAW for the stories & SD for the matches but now they use the good wrestlers on SD to put over the RAW guys.

Also it made the draft relevant & it was awesome...EPIC when a superstar showed up on the opposite show. Honestly, if they stick with Super Shows & end the split then I see no point for 2 main titles.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen View Post
    I liked the brand split better than how it is right now. You watched RAW for the stories & SD for the matches but now they use the good wrestlers on SD to put over the RAW guys.

Also it made the draft relevant & it was awesome...EPIC when a superstar showed up on the opposite show. Honestly, if they stick with Super Shows & end the split then I see no point for 2 main titles.
    Agreed because what's the point of two world champions if they are both on both shows. Also if you separate the brands again titles will have more time for feuds and matches. I remember when the IC and US title where defended regularly.

Blog Entries
    Yes CM PUNK We want Ryder
    I'm jus sayin...

There is a pros and cons on this. It gives 2 shows on building up feuds considering there is like 3 weeks between each PPV. The way everything moving faster than the fans can keep up. The bad thing is it takes away t.v. time on potential new stars, anyone on the main roster will not have a chance to show case what they offer!

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am for the divided roster just not divided PPV. I think sharing the PPVs is works out fine. Also with two rosters more people get showcased
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    I am for the divided roster just not divided PPV. I think sharing the PPVs is works out fine. Also with two rosters more people get showcased
    I use to prefer it when they had there own then every 3 months you had a combined PPV. If they do increase the amount of rosters they have they need to add alot of new superstars but i cant see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by AOF666 View Post
    There is a pros and cons on this. It gives 2 shows on building up feuds considering there is like 3 weeks between each PPV. The way everything moving faster than the fans can keep up. The bad thing is it takes away t.v. time on potential new stars, anyone on the main roster will not have a chance to show case what they offer!
    If there were less PPV's there could have been much more time to establish feuds. There are 13 PPV's. That more than the months we have. If they are cut down to 11 and treat as separate PPV's, like when the Brand split first happened, and had the major ones have both. Also, if some PPVs were moved around it could also help the flow of the PPV schedule.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Subject Zero View Post
    I use to prefer it when they had there own then every 3 months you had a combined PPV. If they do increase the amount of rosters they have they need to add alot of new superstars but i cant see that happening.
    I agree with this. I think WWE is still talent heavy enough to have 2 seperate brands, I'm tired of these combined shows - but at least they bit the bullet and went one way with it instead of keeping up with the farce. Still I preferred it when you'd really long to see how a wrestler would fare on the other brand. The inclusion of ECW helped wreck it as any wrestler drafted there was viewed as a demotion - that wasn't necessarily the case with SD and Raw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AOF666 View Post
    I disagree I feel that it would give others more tv time and air time, that they don't normally get. It would defiantly make the storylines better. I feel that it would give others more tv time and air time, that they don't normally get. It would defiantly make the storylines better.