Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Debuting Faces

Blog Entries
    I know it is easier to debut a heel.....I stated that in the original post. What I'm asking is does anyone see the heel-heavy roster as an issue?? I do because us fans end up being relegated to suffer through the same rehashed matches & feuds. Plus, one of the innate desires of a wrestling fan is wanting to cheer for someone, so much so that now we cheer the heels, & yes some of them are awesome, but in part because there's not too many faces (most of whom have been shoved down our gullets) to root for.
    I am Rebel Lion. Come, now....I shall set you free!!

Jesse and Fetus came in faces, so did Cryme Tyme I wanna say. But yes, do something with the got dang heel to face ratio! You can't do nearly as much as you could with an unbalanced roster as you could with a more even one.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Beth Phoenix debuted as a face. So did Layla. And Primo. And the Prime Time Playas. And the Daniel Bryan. And Kaitlyn. And Santino. And Justin Gabriel. And Evan Bourne. And other people I'm surely forgetting.

Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    Beth Phoenix debuted as a face. So did Layla. And Primo. And the Prime Time Playas. And the Daniel Bryan. And Kaitlyn. And Santino. And Justin Gabriel. And Evan Bourne. And other people I'm surely forgetting.
    On RAW or SD I think, not NXT so technically Daniel Bryan debuted as a heel in the Nexus. No ?

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    On RAW or SD I think, not NXT so technically Daniel Bryan debuted as a heel in the Nexus. No ?
    If you're going with that, Justin Gabriel and Darren Young debuted as heels.

The old NXT was technically part of the main roster, so Bryan debuted as a face.

If my memory suits me right, then I believe CM Punk debuted as a face as well...

Blog Entries
    I debuted as a face here, now I'm heel !
    Me too.

What's happening with Bo Dallas. He snuck onto the main roser and now he's where? Justin Gabrieland?

Edge... Angle debuted as a face, but the crowd turned on him quicker than I have ever seen. His debut match I believe.

Evan Bourne, Drew McIntyre (back with his original kilt wearing gimmick), the Miz with that awful "Hoo-rah"... to name a few more that havent been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
    The old NXT was technically part of the main roster, so Bryan debuted as a face.
    No it wasn't. They were called rookies and, until the debut of the Nexus, everyone believed only one of them would be bought up to the main roster and that one was Wade Barrett who, as well all know, debuted as a heel.

As for the issue of balance on the roster, I think WWE would do well to turn and establish as a long time face a few guys. The biggest issue is for them to find someone who can be universally over and has the right look.
    When you think about Hogan, Warrior, Stone Cold, The Rock they had the whole WWuniverse on their side. The all American hero, nutter from parts unknown, the blue collar boss hater and...whatever Dwayne brings (I never saw it myself). Now look at Cena and he's clean cut and family friendly but that doesn't resonate with some people (males over 20).
    I don't know who would be right for now, CM Punk has been heel too often for the kids to get behind him, Daniel Bryan is a great face but he'll never be the poster boy, The Miz has a more marketable face (literally, not babyface) but will never be accepted by everyone.
    Of the current roster I think Ziggler and Kingston have the best shot of taking the top face crown but I doubt WWE will ever manage either of them correctly to get them there. Ambrose and Reigns have 'IT' but until they have a face run it's hard to say whether thay can be 'the man'.

Divas to believe in.