Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fresh Member
    Blog Entries

Buy Or Sell: The Use Of Instant Replay in Sports Entertainment

Last Sunday at Extreme Rules, clear and out of the blue, Mike Chioda incorporated the use of LIVE instant replay based on the first result of the "I Quit" Match between Alberto Del Rio and Jack Swagger. A first in the storied history of Sports Entertainment.

My first reaction was: "What In The World?" But then it got me to thinking just how much this could change the wrestling world as we know it.

Do you the wrestling fans Buy Or Sell the use of instant replay in Sports Entertainment?

I think it's a bad idea to introduce this replay thing. Now what, we'll have instant replay for each match no ? Heels cheat 99% of the time, and it's obvious we won't have replay for al these matches, so this is already a non sense.

Sell. It could completely kill the need of being a heel. If they cheat, faces complain, ref sees replay - oh well, DQ or match restart.

I think this may have been a shot at some other sport that had a debacle about it.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    I could deal with it on occasions, just not all the time, because only faces would win. I believe Swagger shouldn't have won either way, with or without it though, because throwing in the towel is not saying I Quit, he has to say the words. I like the Miz, and do not hate Cena, I hated when Miz lost to Cena in I Quit match, when Miz used a voice recorder to make it sound like Cena sad I Quit when he didn't, Miz cheated, but still should have won.

P.S. Book Heel Randy Orton v.s. Face Chris Jericho

Blog Entries
    It will not work in the realm of professional wrestling and the WWE knows that which is exactly why they are using it to get us talking and as something new in the goo they can throw to the wall and see what sticks...same deal with this sudden "post PPV" show? Where did that come from? Obviously a dig into MLB or regular sports shows...at least they are trying something new...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Sell. While it has its advantages, It just makes everyone look stupid as hell for not ever using it for years until now. I mean, what, was it bought, THAT night? Where has the use of instant replay been during the controversy riddled matches that cause two champs?

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

One of the best parts of the business is deceiving the refs. I mean where would we be if the refs couldnt point to their eyes, shake their heads "no" and say, "I didnt see it?"

We have had changes at times... like when other refs would run down and get the main ref to change his decision.

Don't sell or Buy it, just burn it.

Will they start doing it in tag matches when ever the ref doesnt see a tag would they stop the match while they watch the replay, it is a slippery slop that is best avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by scribblerking View Post
    It will not work in the realm of professional wrestling and the WWE knows that which is exactly why they are using it to get us talking and as something new in the goo they can throw to the wall and see what sticks...same deal with this sudden "post PPV" show? Where did that come from? Obviously a dig into MLB or regular sports shows...at least they are trying something new...
    I think the post shows are a good deal. Especially the panels.

Keep Renee Young, a Hall of Famer(Possibly Foley) and 2 wrestlers that aren't on the card, and you have a solid panel of people.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Get rid of it!!!

Will ruin the cheating heel gimmicks!!