Page 70 of 85 FirstFirst ... 20 606869707172 80 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xAzureSkye View Post
    Wolfe maintained membership in the Alliance until 1957 and promoted women’s wrestling until his death on March 7, 1963. Near Opal, Virginia, Wolfe became sick and was taken to Fauquier Hospital in Warrenton where he died. His funeral was in Newark, Ohio and was attended by a number of his peers and a number of women grapplers. Billy Wolfe, Jr. died on August 8, 1964 in Newark.[5]
    Negative stories about Wolfe by the women who wrestled for him are legion. In her autobiography, (The Fabulous Moolah) recalls his extreme chauvinism (he turned to managing women wrestlers only after failing as a wrestler and as a manager of male wrestlers), his financial misdealings and routine sexual harassment of his "girls" before, during and after his marriage to Mildred Burke.

Due to his managerial contract with her he was able to leave Burke penniless when she divorced him, taking all of their marital assets and leaving her with nothing to show for decades of hundreds of wrestling matches per year. The horror stories of Wolfe led to the success of the far more ethical manager Jack Pfeffer and of Moolah herself. In her autobiography, Moolah ultimately felt great sorrow for Wolfe because of the number of personal tragedies he suffered later in life. Despite being highly criticized for his morals, Wolfe was responsible for making women’s wrestling profitable.
    Instead of being viewed as a sideshow, Wolfe tried to make it respectable. Part of Wolfe’s contributions to women’s wrestling was the creation of a tag team title and the integration of African-American wrestlers.

I never realised how much of an asshole Billy Wolfe was, Moolah also sold the title to the WWF because Billy told her he would bury her and every womens wrestler she was friends with.
    I've heard a lot of horror story's about Moolah as well. The fact that she didn't let herself get beat for her title in 30 years makes you wonder if some of them are true.
    The silverback alpha male needs no signature

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    And prior to that he was known as Scotty Flamingo and Scotty "The Body". I believe he may have worked mid-south at the time.
    Sid Vicious was the original Lord Humongous, a rip of a character in Mad Max 2 (not sure what that was titled in the U.S.)
    As Scotty the Body he wrestled at the of Florida's CWF days, and also did color commentary with Gordan By god Solie himself! He then moved on to Don Owens Portland territory and got over huge as a heel there before going to wcw as scotty flamingo.

Despite wrestling Lore Hulk hogan was not the first wrestler to pin Andre the Giant. Killer Kowalski was the first to do it in 72.

Blog Entries
    This is a fact I am just learning today. Scott Hall once wrestled a man's gun away and killed him with it. He was tried for 2nd degree murder but charges were dropped due to lack of evidence.

Blog Entries
    I just read that Billy Jack Haynes claimed in a shoot interview that Chris Benoit was set off on murdering his wife and child because he learnt Vince McMahon was Daniels actual father. Not sure how much truth there is to this, but it's a wild claim to make

I just read that Billy Jack Haynes claimed in a shoot interview that Chris Benoit was set off on murdering his wife and child because he learnt Vince McMahon was Daniels actual father. Not sure how much truth there is to this, but it's a wild claim to make
    I don't believe it, he had a DVD or something called Billy Jack Haynes Conspiracy Theory and he was probably just trying to promote it. Plus, Daniel looks just like Chris:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AM THE APW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION!!! (#HotBods #BodomIsMyBestie)

Former HWA Writer

Johnny Hot:
    HWA Supremacy World Champion (x1)
    APW World Champion (x1)
    (2x) APW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS (w/ Bodom)
    APW International Champion
    Award for Feud of the Year (2012)
    Award for Shocker of the Year (2012)

Sweet Jones:
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion

Cody McDerrell:
    HWA's Resident Redneck

Blog Entries
    Fair point. Plus, I'm sure Billy Jack was a 'roid freak himself, so he's probably a little damaged himself. Besides which I don't think Nancy Benoit was ever employed in WWE (not that that means anything)

Blog Entries
    Anything can happen, I mean Vince was Hornswaggle's father too.

Blog Entries
    Michelle McCool has had her nose broken 3 times, by Victoria, Melina and Layla
    Right to Un-censor!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphdogg4 View Post
    I've heard a lot of horror story's about Moolah as well. The fact that she didn't let herself get beat for her title in 30 years makes you wonder if some of them are true.
    Well her title reign wasn't 30 years straight, it was 30 in total but it was split between 5 reigns, everytime she lost the title she gained it back off the woman who beat her, I guess she loved the spotlight

She was beaten by Bette Boucher but won it back, then Yukiko Tomoe, then Sue Green, then Evelyn Stevens. Each girls' reigns were terribly short, Evelyn only held it for 2 days before losing it back to Moolah
    Right to Un-censor!