Page 41 of 85 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 51 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    BUMP!

UFC star Chael Sonnen had been accepted in the World Championship Wrestling training school before it folded.

MMA Japanese star, The Gracie Hunter, Kazushi Sakuraba is also a professional wrestler!

Japanese women’s MMA originated from pro wrestling.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    In 1996, HBK posed non nude for Playgirl magazine not knowing it was mostly viewed by homosexuals and then it became a backstage joke!
    lol He had the Kliq so he could't have gotten ribbed that bad!
    "Bring a knife to a fist fight, a gun to a knife fight, and a M134 to anything else."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WWTNA Mark View Post
    lol He had the Kliq so he could't have gotten ribbed that bad!
    I bet Triple H ribbed him some in a playful manner!

I met Sunny at a Meet & Greet before a show last July here in the UK and she was asked about Trent Acid. She said he was a known drug addict who had also in her words "spent time with Missy Hyatt" and then went on saying how any man who sleeps with Missy Hyatt is basically doomed or suffer the "Missy Curse" since alot of guys she's slept with are dead according to Sunny.

Andre the Giant once got heavily drunk before a match and was also suffering from diarrhoea. During the match he was doing the infamous butt bump in the corner on his opponent when he lost control of his bowels and crapped on the guys chest.

Gorgeous George left Randy Savage because he wanted them to move into a house with her sister who was 17 at the time and have a threesome.

Also something i noticed on Hogan Knows Best when they move to a new house is that they haven't a clue what Kosher is. Odd considering the amount of jewish wrestlers in the business.

I read on twitter from Kamala's official twitter that at Summerslam 1992 at Wembley he was paid $13,000 while his opponent the Undertaker received $500,000

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    BUMP!

UFC star Chael Sonnen had been accepted in the World Championship Wrestling training school before it folded.

MMA Japanese star, The Gracie Hunter, Kazushi Sakuraba is also a professional wrestler!

Japanese women’s MMA originated from pro wrestling.
    Sakuraba was a beast!
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

Blog Entries
    I bet Triple H ribbed him some in a playful manner!
    I would've liked to see that!
    "Bring a knife to a fist fight, a gun to a knife fight, and a M134 to anything else."

Blog Entries
    Super bumpage!

In 2006, Palmer Canon, who was given a gimmick on Smackdown as a rep of the opressive "Network" abruptly flew himself home from a WWE tour in Italy and gave his notice to WWE officials, citing harassment from Chris Benoit, John "Bradshaw" Layfield and his "Wrestler's Court" as the reason for his resignation. He was soon granted his release which forced the postponement of the Miz's planned wrestling debut, as the Palmer Canon/Miz feud had to be canceled.

Super bumpage!

In 2006, Palmer Canon, who was given a gimmick on Smackdown as a rep of the opressive "Network" abruptly flew himself home from a WWE tour in Italy and gave his notice to WWE officials, citing harassment from Chris Benoit, John "Bradshaw" Layfield and his "Wrestler's Court" as the reason for his resignation. He was soon granted his release which forced the postponement of the Miz's planned wrestling debut, as the Palmer Canon/Miz feud had to be canceled.
    Really chris Beniot?

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Was gonna bump this today but no need thanks to Mr Cranium. Great fact mate. Completely believable.

Here's a few more.

In his first pro wrestling match after he left WWE, back in 2004, Brock Lesnar won the IWGP Heavyweight title!

Shawn Michaels returned to VinnieLand at SummerSlam 2002 to face HHH in what was billed as his first match since 1998, but he actually wrestled once before for the promotion he owned in Texas (TWA) against Venum. The match was mostly a basic brawl, but it was a match nonetheless.

Venum was Paul Diamond.

Back when he was the booker for RoH, Gabe Saopolsky found a hot new prospect by the name of John Walters. It was clear from the offset that Gabe had big plans for this relatively unknown wrestler, and it was made evident when he won the RoH Pure Title. The sky was the limit for John, until, while he was still RoH Pure Champ, he appeared on WWE Raw and was squashed in less than a minute by Chris Masters. Gabe was livid, as although he knew Walters was going to WWE for a tryout, he understood that it was going to be a dark match. Walters was immediately jobbed out to Jay Lethal (five days later), and he soon left RoH. For the record, I was never really a fan of Johns, but that was harsh!

Jushin "Thunder" Lyger is 0-1 in MMA. He lost to fellow pro wrestler Minoru Suzuki.

Way back in the forties, Angelo Poffo held the world record for sit-ups, he did over six thousand.

A few days after he lost his mask in WCW, Rey Mysterio Jr wrestled in Mexico against Psicosis, with his mask on. The fans were aghast that Rey would dishonour the sacred tradition of the losing of the mask. In fact, I believe they heckled him so bad that he took it off after/during the match.

In the credits of the first Spider-Man film, Peter Parker's stunt double for the wrestling scene against Randy Savage, is named Christopher Daniels.
    It is not Daniel Christopher Covell, also known as "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels.
    Still, that's a bit of a strange coincidence.

TNA and RoH wrestler Christopher Daniels did play one of Los Conquistadores, at some point, during the Hardys Vs E&C feud. The other Conquistador was Arron Aguilera, who went on to become Jesus (or Carlito's bitch) for a while.

Jesus got a huge amount of heat after he used one of the chiropractors the company have backstage, which he felt he needed, as he was nursing a minor injury. Michael Hayes was the one that stooged Jesus to the McMahons and that was the first step on the road to Future-EndeavouredsVille for Jesus.

The backstage chiropractors were clearly not for new wrestlers back then... I wonder if things have changed now?

Dutch Mantel named Steve Williams, Steve Austin. Upon hearing it Steve said "what, like the Six Million Dollar Man?" to which Dutch replied "no, like the Six Dollar Man... Now get your ass out there!".

This is the story of the DirtBike Kid, as I remember it....

Back in 1995, as everybody knows, ECW was on fire. Well, in England the amount of people who were aware of ECW probably couldn't fill a double decker bus. Well, one of those that were aware of them was a young aspiring wrestler named The Dirt-Bike Kid (not his real name). Fascinated with the product, he tried to incorporate as much of the high-flying, reckless ECW style into his act as he could. This never sat well with the grizzled vets of the British wrestling scene, which was still stuck in the early eighties and just in a god awful state, and he carried a lot of heat with him. In fact one time, a veteran wrestler who was meant to catch him, from a top rope dive to the outside, but side stepped and Dirt-Bike hit the deck hard!!
    Dirt Bike did go on to fulfil a dream and worked as a jobber, on a few occasions, for ECW.
    He also went on to compete in Michinoku Pro Wrestlings masked man tournament in 1999. This did not go well for him. At all.
    Taking offence to something Kid did backstage, (MPW boss) The Great Sasuke decided to take it out on him in the ring. Not too long after the bell Sasuke began kicking Dirt-Bike with multiple kicks. Not just stiff Puro style kicks but full on hard-as-he-could kicks that broke a few of Dirt-Bikes ribs! Sasuke finished the match by legitimately choking him out. Ouch!
    The last I heard he wrestled Sabu in a shitty hardcore match about ten years ago here in England.....

And that was the legend of the Dirt-Bike Kid.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

Blog Entries
    I mentioned in my last post about the 'Wrestlers Court' which was a mock trial with the Undertaker as judge and JBL as the prosecuting attorney setup with wrestlers in attendance. Those being prosecuted were on trial for breaking tradition with punishment being either pranking or paying for other wrestler's travel expenses. I don't know if it is still around but does anyone have any stories on this? All I have is a quote from Matt and Jeff Hardy's book Exist 2 Inspire:

"We got to the next house show and John Bradshaw Layfield told us, 'You guys have been sentenced to Wrestler's Court. Your trial is set for next week at Raw. Wrestler's Court is exactly what it sounds like. All the wrestlers gather in the locker room, and they hold a mock trial. The Undertaker is the judge and John Bradshaw Layfield is the prosecuting attorney. It's pretty scary, because once you get up there on the stand, everybody's against you."