Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54
  1. #21
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,633
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    What a load of bs and a waste of time and effort. If its not broke, don't fix it. These people who are offended by a word need to grow thicker skin. I refuse to give ground in this as the word God shouldn't offend anyone. There is nobody on this site that preaches to the masses about their religion and for fucks sake this is a wrestling site, not a babysitting service site.

    If we at EWN give ground here and change the ranking system because someone got offended by a word, then what will be next? Usernames? (there's plenty that could be construed as offensive); Blog titles? (same reason); Forum threads? (same) When does it stop?

    I'm deeply offended when someone uses the name Rock and the word greatness in the same sentence, (I just offended myself here), do we put an end to this also? People need to grow the hell up and quit preaching about being offended over religious words to change stuff to their liking. I say F*** them. Who are they to tell someone else what to believe, or how to act, or anything else for that matter?

    Bottom line is that this is Frank's decision to make, but I hope this suggestion lands on deaf ears. I haven't posted a whole lot lately except for the mma section basically because all I really see on the other forums and main news board comments, blogs ect.. is whine, cry, bitch, moan, complain. I say enjoy the show or stop watching. I know, it's a little off topic, but this is the same type of reaction that spurred this suggestion to change the rankings.
    While I agree that I also find it stupid that people are offended by the word 'God', I'm still an advocate of changing the rankings. Because the ones we have right now are downright crap.
    Sure, they're different to what other sites have, but they're different in a bad way, they're shit.

    For starters, there's only about 5 rankings.
    Secondly, the names of the rankings; what the actual fuck. God? Trinity? (And the best one) Black Ninja? Lol. What a load of garbage as Daniel Bryan once said in response to a CM Punk promo.

    You say that this is Frank's website, sure, that's true, but what's the purpose of a suggestions section if not to invite people to suggest things?
    An improved ranking system is one thing that would benefit this website and make it more appealing to guests looking to sign up. Because our current ones are downright dull and boring in comparison to other websites.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  2. #22
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,111
    Blog Entries
    6
    I think it's more of a matter of people just growing tired of them. I don't even get a ranking, never have. If I did, with my postcount it would be "No Life Having Motherfucker". And guess who else would be there too TT? LOL


  3. #23
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,633
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I think it's more of a matter of people just growing tired of them. I don't even get a ranking, never have. If I did, with my postcount it would be "No Life Having Motherfucker". And guess who else would be there too TT? LOL
    Having been here from the start, it's not really a shock that either of us have that many posts really.
    But yeah, that ranking would be cool. Would be interesting to see how many of the postwhores would get butt-hurt over it, begging for the ranking to be changed again
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  4. #24
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,111
    Blog Entries
    6
    I wish Frank would give me the power to change rankings at my own discretion. Now that would cause some butthurt!


  5. #25
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,228
    Blog Entries
    14
    You nerds are funny.
    smiley.jpg

  6. #26
    As a religious person, I'm not that greatly offended by "god" being one of the titles, but I can see how it can be offensive to other people. But I do have to agree with TT that they rankings make zero sense and there isn't any variety. And as long as the forums have been around now there needs to be something after black ninja.

    I'm a fan of using wrestling holds as the rankings.

    Rest hold for newbies
    Headlock for 100
    Snapmare for 500
    Suplex for 1000
    Spinebuster for 2500
    Powerbomb for 5000
    Chokeslam for 10000
    Tombstone for 15000 and so on if need be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

  7. #27
    The Trinity Dr. Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Where I'm at.
    Posts
    3,069
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    While I agree that I also find it stupid that people are offended by the word 'God', I'm still an advocate of changing the rankings. Because the ones we have right now are downright crap.
    Sure, they're different to what other sites have, but they're different in a bad way, they're shit.

    For starters, there's only about 5 rankings.
    Secondly, the names of the rankings; what the actual fuck. God? Trinity? (And the best one) Black Ninja? Lol. What a load of garbage as Daniel Bryan once said in response to a CM Punk promo.

    You say that this is Frank's website, sure, that's true, but what's the purpose of a suggestions section if not to invite people to suggest things?
    An improved ranking system is one thing that would benefit this website and make it more appealing to guests looking to sign up. Because our current ones are downright dull and boring in comparison to other websites.
    I can appreciate where your coming from TT, and while it's true that this is what the suggestion section is for, it was the suggestion that the ranking system is partially offensive with the use of certain words that sparked my previous post. If people are tired of the ranking system and just want to change it up a bit as Robstar suggested, that's fine and a good discussion it would be to see what everyone would like. I just don't see the point of mimicking other sites.

    EWN is unique from other sites and hence should remain so, set apart from the ordinary run of the mill wrestling site. The point here is that it doesn't matter if the rankings are changed or not, some members are still going to bitch, cry and moan and still be offended or butt-hurt over it.

    Personally I joined because of the articles and the quality of posts and blogs of some certain members and thought I had found a home here at EWN. I could care less about a ranking as it doesn't promote anything positive anyway, just a persons post count. Is that really all that matters? A persons post count? Whoopee ding dong do, how superficial we have become.

    The only real way to make everyone happy is to let each member choose their own ranking. Mine would probably be "Old perverted grumpy bastard" or something to that effect.

    How would the site be then? Would it really change anything about the quality of posts being given? I think not, but then again I've been wrong before.


    UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

  8. #28
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,715
    I wanna be a blue ninja... There's nothing unique about a black ninja...


    To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

  9. #29
    Black Ninja! BennyTheBall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,325
    Blog Entries
    2
    Having Black Ninja above God oddly suggests that God had the ill judgement of creating a being greater than he.


    Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

    ...and then steal your girl!

    #BennysTeddy

     

  10. #30
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,768
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Having Black Ninja above God oddly suggests that God had the ill judgement of creating a being greater than he.
    God didn't make ninjas, silly, they spontaneously came into existence 30 seconds before Time began


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.