Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I wasn't "offended" by the label, but I do think that having a new system in place would be better. How "God" relates to wrestling makes me think of Ric Flair and "Black Ninja" makes me think of Samoa Joe, but "The Trinity" kinda loses me. Is that supposed to be the Trinity chick that used to wrestle for TNA back in the day; the one who always fought with Johnny Fairplay and Mrs. Brooks?

I'll jump on the bandwagon for new rankings and I have fuck all's knowledge as to what it takes to get them changed but if there is a way I could help, I am all for it. I only ask that we do not implement a "user reputation" model nor make rankings an "open to the user" concept because those sites always have the most ignorant rankings; we have enough brain cell killers and window lickers floating around the boards so by no means should we give them the ability to advertise as such.

And Asher - If the wrestling thing is too gimmicky, do you have any ideas for new rankings if they were to change? How about wrestling holds("The Armbar" for newbies, "Power Bomb" for those who are around 4k-7k posts, and move up to something like "Canadian Destroyer" for the 10k+ guys) as opposed to wrestlers status(Jobber, mid-carder, main eventer)?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Don't see why it matters.

If it does change to Jobber etc that would be a bad choice.

Dennis would be main eventer, we can't have that!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    Don't see why it matters.

If it does change to Jobber etc that would be a bad choice.

Dennis would be main eventer, we can't have that!
    I agree, Steve should be the second highest status with Dennis #1

Possibly Desructor, destroyer of worlds at #3.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated_R(ob)KO View Post
    Okay, I'm nowhere near a religious person but it seems a few people have gotten offended by the "God" ranking. Again, I don't take offense to it but it also brings up another point... what does it have to do with wrestling? What do any of them have to do with wrestling? Technically, this is a wrestling site first and foremost so, shouldn't the rankings reflect that?

Maybe do Curtain Jerker, Jobber, Jobber To The Stars, Mid-Carder, Main-Eventer and something else? Or, nothing I suggested at all haha. I just think it's time for a change and I know at least a few people agree with me. Thanks for entertaining it. Even if just for a second.
    Gee, that sounds awfully similar to the rankings these guys that started this renegade website had. I'm not sure of their names but I'm sure you know them R(ob). Personally, I think titles like that are pretty naff but who am I to judge? Huh? Anyway.....say hi to those guys for me.

Or we could come up with our own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

Blog Entries
    I will say that I wish something happened at like post 5000 where you could make your own ranking.

Of course that's a real pain in the ass to make happen, so I don't see it happening, but it would be fun

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

I don't come to the site purely for the Rankings, I don't leave because I don't like them.

Overall, I couldn't give a toss.
    ‚Äč

Blog Entries
    What a load of bs and a waste of time and effort. If its not broke, don't fix it. These people who are offended by a word need to grow thicker skin. I refuse to give ground in this as the word God shouldn't offend anyone. There is nobody on this site that preaches to the masses about their religion and for fucks sake this is a wrestling site, not a babysitting service site.

If we at EWN give ground here and change the ranking system because someone got offended by a word, then what will be next? Usernames? (there's plenty that could be construed as offensive); Blog titles? (same reason); Forum threads? (same) When does it stop?

I'm deeply offended when someone uses the name Rock and the word greatness in the same sentence, (I just offended myself here), do we put an end to this also? People need to grow the hell up and quit preaching about being offended over religious words to change stuff to their liking. I say F*** them. Who are they to tell someone else what to believe, or how to act, or anything else for that matter?

Bottom line is that this is Frank's decision to make, but I hope this suggestion lands on deaf ears. I haven't posted a whole lot lately except for the mma section basically because all I really see on the other forums and main news board comments, blogs ect.. is whine, cry, bitch, moan, complain. I say enjoy the show or stop watching. I know, it's a little off topic, but this is the same type of reaction that spurred this suggestion to change the rankings.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Dr.Death redefines the Grumpy Old Man stereotype here... LOL I happen to agree!

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    What a load of bs and a waste of time and effort. If its not broke, don't fix it. These people who are offended by a word need to grow thicker skin. I refuse to give ground in this as the word God shouldn't offend anyone. There is nobody on this site that preaches to the masses about their religion and for fucks sake this is a wrestling site, not a babysitting service site.

If we at EWN give ground here and change the ranking system because someone got offended by a word, then what will be next? Usernames? (there's plenty that could be construed as offensive); Blog titles? (same reason); Forum threads? (same) When does it stop?

I'm deeply offended when someone uses the name Rock and the word greatness in the same sentence, (I just offended myself here), do we put an end to this also? People need to grow the hell up and quit preaching about being offended over religious words to change stuff to their liking. I say F*** them. Who are they to tell someone else what to believe, or how to act, or anything else for that matter?

Bottom line is that this is Frank's decision to make, but I hope this suggestion lands on deaf ears. I haven't posted a whole lot lately except for the mma section basically because all I really see on the other forums and main news board comments, blogs ect.. is whine, cry, bitch, moan, complain. I say enjoy the show or stop watching. I know, it's a little off topic, but this is the same type of reaction that spurred this suggestion to change the rankings.
    Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Jman

2x HWA Supremacy World Champion

2x JBW WARfare Tag Team Champion (with thedag and Ryusuke "Shuriken Blade" Serra)

JBW WARfare World Heavyweight Champion

AWF IronMan Champion

Worked for IWA, EWNCW, HWA, SWA,
    JBW, EWA, ICW, and AWF

EWN E-Fedding Hall of Famer

A proud member of the EWN E-Fedding Community