Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    What about Paul Giamatti as I mentioned earlier? What is your take on his acting ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    What about Paul Giamatti as I mentioned earlier? What is your take on his acting ability?
    I just want to clarify: I wasn't saying anything about DeNiro's ability (he's one of the all-time greats, after all). What I was saying is that the days of him pouring himself into every role and character are long gone. He's now more concerned with cashing checks than he is with making genuinely great movies.

As for Giamatti, he's simply the best character actor in the world. I've even had the good fortune of talking to him on two separate occasions, and he's also one of the most humble, down-to-earth people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    As for Giamatti, he's simply the best character actor in the world. I've even had the good fortune of talking to him on two separate occasions, and he's also one of the most humble, down-to-earth people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.
    I am certainly glad he doesn't need to be humbled Sheiky

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Stephen Graham. His performance in This is England is powerful stuff.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    Stephen Graham. His performance in This is England is powerful stuff.
    Yeah, that guy's the shit. And in terms of powerful skinhead performances, I'd say Graham's tops that of Edward Norton's (American History X), Russell Crowe's (Romper Stomper), and Ryan Gosling's (The Believer), all of which were great performances.

I don't know if you've seen any of Boardwalk Empire, but he's been playing Al Capone on that. He pretty much steals the show.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Yeah, that guy's the shit. And in terms of powerful skinhead performances, I'd say Graham's tops that of Edward Norton's (American History X), Russell Crowe's (Romper Stomper), and Ryan Gosling's (The Believer), all of which were great performances.

I don't know if you've seen any of Boardwalk Empire, but he's been playing Al Capone on that. He pretty much steals the show.
    I agree he played the role better than Crowe and Norton and that's saying something, I haven't seen The believer, so I can't comment on that. I read an article about his role as Al Capone, and that's what made me mention him here. I think I've found a new show to watch!
    An interesting side note is, he's actually mixed race and his father is black. I reckon that makes his portrayal of the raicist thug Combo, that much more special. The emotions that he must have felt during filming must have been overwhelming!
    Scorsese is apparently extremely high on him, and refers to him as his "English Pesci"... High praise indeed!

Blog Entries
    Wanted to add this. I'm on my way to work and I've just walked past a massive 20ft billboard advertising Boardwalk Empire!!! I think I'll be downloading it as soon as I get back home!

It's a great fucking series. A bit of a slow boil in certain parts, but the deft writing and spot-on performances keep everything ridiculously watchable. And the production quality is unrivaled; each episode looks like a $100 million film.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    I agree he played the role better than Crowe and Norton and that's saying something, I haven't seen The believer, so I can't comment on that. I read an article about his role as Al Capone, and that's what made me mention him here. I think I've found a new show to watch!
    An interesting side note is, he's actually mixed race and his father is black. I reckon that makes his portrayal of the raicist thug Combo, that much more special. The emotions that he must have felt during filming must have been overwhelming!
    Scorsese is apparently extremely high on him, and refers to him as his "English Pesci"... High praise indeed!
    Edward Norton's skinhead portrayal in American Society X was awesome as was Edward Furlong's ability. What's going on with Furlong anyways?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    Edward Norton's skinhead portrayal in American Society X was awesome as was Edward Furlong's ability. What's going on with Furlong anyways?
    It was called American History X here. Maybe not where you are? I really hope you are joking about Furlong. He wasn't a great actor by any mark. I think. I think he's filling the void Corey Haim left quite well, don't you?